Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Writers Central

Post by Tornado »

Yes, it's both exciting and scary at the same time!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hello, All! I've been away from this thread for far too long! I'll be checking back in more often since our weekend in Chicago at HH CON 2012! My fellow HH Sisters who are wonderful fanfic authors have inspired me to get back to work on my stuff! :D Thanks, Girls!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I was talking to my publisher about my book today. She had told me that my book was going to be just print on demand (which I didn't mind at all) but now she wants to do a print run of 1500 copies! EEEEEEK! I hope we can sell them!
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Lynne~~ That's AWESOME!!! :clap:

I've been writing a lot for the past several days. I have almost finished Chapter 2 of my newest fic, Between Dusk and Dawn. I am considering using part of this afternoon to write a rough outline of the plot bunny fic that I was blessed with in Chicago recently. Edward will be a baseball player and Bella will be a sports' reporter. It will be my first AH fic.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Did everyone see EL James is racking in 1.34m a week? I think I need to change the direction of my book :lol: jk...kind of.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Yuck.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I must confess I don't think much of EL James' success. Personal opinion, of course. I'm sure many, many happy readers disagree with me.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Well, a lot of people don't think much of SM's success with Twilight so it's all a matter of taste. Never in a million years did I ever think erotic lit could be that successful though. I know for a fact when the whole topic of UoEM being published came up I was insistent that erotica had no place on the best sellers list. Obviously, I was wrong.

On the topic of my book, it is finished. 82,000+ words. I've written my first query draft and getting feedback on it while also doing the first round of edits on the manuscript. I hope within the next month or so I'll be sending my letter out to agents! Squeal!!

I have to say, fanfiction was probably the best thing for me to ever find. Writing my two Twilight fics made me a much much better writer than I ever could have been. I learned so much. Sometimes I want to go back to LAF and rewrite a large part of it because I don't think it's to par anymore :lol:
missp

Post by missp »

Amanda Beth~~ Yours was the very first fanfic I read. I love LAF as is... And, you are one of the reasons I found the courage to write my own fics... sporadic as my writing has been lately. :D Congrats on the completion of your book!! Can't wait to be able to buy it off the shelf! 8-)

E.L. and success~~ Ummmm... I see Kayla's YUCK and raise her a HOOEY! (Sorry, little bit of poker talk, there!) :lol:

I finished Chapter 2 of Between Dusk and Dawn yesterday. I'm thinking I'm going to let my "pre-reader" give it a once-over before I decide to post it. I kind of hate to begin posting it with only 2 chapters in. Real life has a way of hitting me in the behind at times and I hate not being able to post regularly. :? My AH fic idea is still rattling around in my brain. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to multi-task as well as my Sister-Author, Virginia May, and be able to write 2 or more fics at once.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Good on you, Amanda Beth! I hope you have some success with agents.

missp glad to hear the writing is going well. I did a bit more of my own new fanfic yesterday, and it's going well.