Hi siblings! Making another go at more frequent postings.
Thank you all for all your good thoughts for my niece as she begins a journey towards recovery. I know that it will be uphill for her, but she has a lot of supportive and sober people here, and honestly has been unhappy in Hawaii (you wouldn't think it possible) for a long time.
Little has happened in two days. I am in one of my relatively caught-up periods (no, it won't last). But while it does last I sewed little ballet wrap skirts for the girls, mostly for fun; and did some writing last night on my next story. It felt like I got my groove back a bit, it's just a really difficult part. Did a bit of gardening and slept a bit to catch up. Nice, really.
Engagement rumors ... when I see a ring on Kris' left fourth finger, then I'll believe it. Of course, they might have been married in coordinating jeans and hoodies in Vegas 2 years ago. But until we know, what makes them happy makes me happy for them.Caryn
- Hi honey! I'm proud of you for battling through your weekend. Your story of heat, dehydration, and lack of appetite had me recalling band camp (in Tucson!). Yeah, it's so hard to think about limiting the kids' activities, isn't it? I'm not ready for the Twilight ride to be over either. "Epic final installment" makes me pout. I feel like saying to writer, cast and crew: Again! Again!Lynne
- So glad that Little Man is happy back at school and work is good this week. We are getting lots of rain right now, so I hope that helps you have less rain ... or only at times that doesn't negatively impact your work. On the campfire, not to beat a dead horse (do you have that saying?), but since natural light usually isn't enough anyway for film and is enhanced with other light, I can easily see them lighting a night scene in a manner that imitates vampire sight, jewel-tones, etc. Ooh, you make Little Ashes sound even better! Must-see! The Fictionators (http://www.fictionators.com/
) is primarily a site that reviews and promotes Twilight fanfic, but they also review and promote original published fiction, and favor YA romantic fiction. Check it out.Marielle
- Hi, I see you! Keep getting better! And never apologize for Robcrack - as it makes us smile, it is scientifically good for our health! Boston probably does sound Irish and is famous for having a high proportion of Irish folks. I would have to hear them side-by-side, as I'm so accustomed to thinking of them separately. I think that a feather tattoo would be lovely, and very subtle; people would not know why you got a feather and you could tell the truth or look mysterious or give a different answer every time, whatever you wanted.Sean
- I understand about the wierdness of not having work to do at work - I once had a temp position covering the phones for a university swim team department while they were all on summer vacation - almost no one called and there was no other work. I read 8 hours a day for 2 weeks, and hate to complain but that was BORING. I'd kind of rather have work to do. Bet you're looking forward to that pizza! Susie
- I'm sorry for your frustrations with your SiL. I live in such a nice-people bubble these days that it shocks me when people are senselessly, needlessly mean. While hubby boy and I get along with each other's parents very well, sometimes we do run into problems with our siblings' spouses, but not often to that extent. She seems quite unfriendly.Suzan
- Always good to see you here. You sound much more settled with roommate A halfway around the world!Tonise
- Thanks for your support, hon. I definitely make sure I get paid for my work! You know, the longer I'm in the Twilight fandom and have the chance to reflect on the scripts, rather than just react to the overall story line ... yeah, I see MR as less and less of a force for good. Like much, much less. Not really sure that someone who couldn't at least understand Bella's attraction to Edward should have taken this gig. Although she's certainly taking home her piece of the pie. I admire your ability to wait for the fruition of God's plan for you!Tracy
- No apologies needed. You have a wonderful and active family and it's good that you dedicate yourself to them ... I am glad that you enjoy coming to the HH for your fix! Thanks for your support around my work, too! Our Fourth was odd, but ok - not every year is great! My niece is in her early-mid 20's, I think, and thanks for asking. I think she is really ready to do this. I do see that Rob could take a career trajectory similar to Johnny, although he might take a Day-Lewis trajectory too. I just hope that he does not try to take Johnny's famous approach of trying to make himself unattractive in his roles, because it robs the world of a little beauty and doesn't work anyway.