Sorry I've been gone so much lately!!
I really miss you all and constantly dwell upon the fact that I'm neglecting you, but my schedule has gone like this: teach my class, prepare for the next day, go home, drive Sonny to circus, do errands while waiting for him to finish, come home and make dinner, eat a leisurely dinner on the deck with family and then clean up and watch a 30Rock episode or Downton Abby with my big kids and then go to bed. I don't want to neglect them since Daughter Dear is leaving on August 15 and Sonny goes back to college in September.
Love all I'm seeing and hearing from Comic Con - the whole casts seems so happy about the film, and Robsten - what can I say? They just don't have to hide it anymore. *sigh* I saw an ad for Ellen's Monday show saying she's having the Twilight cast on. Isn't it a little early for this? Are they going to hype this movie even more than the others? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! Too bad I have to drive Sonny to circus during that time. I'll have to catch it later online.
I don't think I'll be able to catch up on all the posts, although I've skimmed them all.
I'll do my best to get to the highlights now:Chrissy
- HAPPY LEXIVERSARY!! It's great to see you back here.Caryn
- I think you outdid even yourself with all that RobCrack. Very lovely indeed. I loved seeing your conversation over on fb during the Comic Con!Marielle
- I've been worried about you! I'm sorry I didn't send you a message. I really wanted to write as soon as you said you were having such a hard time, but I didn't have the time needed to write a well-thought out message. As it is all I can say is that I'm very concerned about you and that it sounds like you shouldn't buy a house that needs a lot of work. I think it will be too stressful for you. I know what you're feeling is very scary and that you probably feel like no one else ever feels that way, but it isn't uncommon at all. More and more people are experiencing anxiety symptoms it seems and perhaps it is our modern lifestyle. Heck, it could even be something in the environment causing it. Could it be a side effect from one of your heart medications? My dad has had a couple of things happen that were side effects (not from heart meds, but from other meds). Keep us informed, OK?Lynne
- That dinner menu sounds delicious! I love filet mignon. I'm a real "beef" person. I could never be a vegetarian. Good for you, posting the first part of your fanfic! I just want you to know that I don't get around to much fanfic because I have to always try to reduce the number of hours on my computer. This is where I'm different from most of the other gals. I felt really out of it in Chicago when they were all talking fanfics. I have resolved to try to remedy that in the near future, but I'll have to wait until the fall.Sean
- It's a shame that the library doesn't have enough work for you! There's nothing worse than having to sit there with nothing to do. I hope they get their act together. Sorry you got sick at work. Was it from your sinus headache?
- You are such a busy bee with all of your admirable activities. I guess it mostly keeps you out of trouble, right? I'm praying that your mama's surgery does NOT get scheduled during your beach trip. How's Chapter 3 coming? Regarding your earlier comment about not knowing if something (God forbid) happened to one of us. I've had the same feeling, especially back before we knew addresses and phone numbers. I have the emergency contact list from the HHCON, perhaps I could make a copy for you and then the two of us would have that at least. Of course we will NEVER have the occasion to need such a thing, right? I think it is so cool that we think alike, that the same thing even crossed our minds.
- As I said on facebook - Not very good customer service at all, Windows! That is terrible. I can't wait to hear about how your job is going. I guess I don't know much about it at all.Christina
- Oh No! I'm so sorry to hear that your beautiful car got water damage! Was that from being parked at the airport or was that after you got back? What a pain to settle all of that insurance stuff. I'd love to see a collage of all of the pics you had taken with each of us individually at HHCON before we left.Brenda
- Thanks for the special Susie Robcrack. How kind of you! I love that you are making regular posts now. You're doing a heck of a lot better than I am. I'm glad things are going well for you and that your niece will have a chance to turn her life around. Glad you got my check. ( put money in Coffee Can labeled, "Future HHCON Trips". Tracy
- I was very impressed to hear that you were painting your son's room! You're so handy! What color? Regarding the "visual valentine" I'm really curious about this too! I was thinking it might be like what was done during Bella's transformation when we get to see scenes from all the movies. I think I'll be a puddle on the floor when that scene comes on. Hopefully I'll have my sisters near me and we can cry into each other's arms. Thanks for that Robcrack you posted especially for me earlier! drool.....Raine
- You certainly show a high level of devotion sacrificing quality sleep hours on a work night to watch Comic Con. How did you get through the day at work? Amy
- Summer is busy for my family too. I totally understand why you can't get online as much as you can during the school year. It's sounds like you're having lots of fun with your kids and husband.Suzan
- Wow. That's really sad that your mom isn't speaking to her father anymore. Does that mean you don't get to see him either? It must put a strain on family gatherings. I guess most families have some sort of drama eventually. Back to your former roommate, you're right, it could be jealousy. It's really too bad though, isn't it? People get jealous of you and mistreat you all because you're happy! Or talented, or smart. I've had one experience where a co-worker sabotaged me all because she was jealous of me. I gave Marielle 5 Euro to give to you - now you have to meet for drinks!
Thanks to those of you who expressed concern over my problems with my SiL and my parents' cabins! Things are a little better now - my parents are getting past it. I'm going to adopt the policy of taking the high road. I'll be going up there next week with my friend Mary and staying in the cabin on the hill. No other family will be up there then, so it will be OK. Mary and I have been staying there nearly every summer for the past 17 years.
I have a Raspberry Pie to bake tomorrow morning....