Is There a Story Behind Your Special Rank? Tell us!

REQUESTS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Special Ranks

Postby Nena » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:49 pm

My tittle is related to my two newfound obsessions. One is coding and two is Jazzy. I imagine Jazz to be a computer nerd and that's why I decided that we could alter source code together :)
I thought of "Cullen's conterfeit specialist" first, but then I opted for something with Japer alone.. I love that boy :)
Yeah, I got to choose it when I became a board moderator :mrgreen: yay! for me.
Image
User avatar
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Re: Special Ranks

Postby Feathers » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Haha, that's awesome, Nena. I love it, and I can totally see Jasper being a computer genius, too. After all, wasn't he the one that was in charge of the counterfeiting stuff? I could see him as a pro hacker/coder, too. :p

Somethingblue, words cannot express how much we love you, though Ouisa came very, very close. <3 <3

Epona, you should totally PM Pel about that. I'd love to see you get your rank back.

Mimi, (I LOVE that name, for the record) I think it's an adorable name, and an *awesome* job to have. :p

<3 Ren
Image
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
User avatar
Feathers
Lusting for Blood
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:34 pm
Location: Running with vampires

Re: Special Ranks

Postby somethingblue » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 am

Feathers wrote:Somethingblue, words cannot express how much we love you, though Ouisa came very, very close. <3 <3

<3 Ren[/color]


Aww, thank you feathers. Right back at you! And I think I must have put Ouisa under some sort of mind-altering spell, but it's workin' for me, so why fight it? :twisted:
User avatar
somethingblue
The Godmother
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Index, Indiana

Re: Special Ranks

Postby Bronze Haired Girl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:31 pm

Well let's see, I got my rank back when I first joined the Lex in 2006. I was frustrated by the common misconception that being changed into a vampire caused amnesia - this was based on Edward's comment that human memories fade. In a fit of frustration after reading the amnesia thing for the upteenth time I posted a rather long winded post about how memories fade naturally and that he didn't mean she would forget everything. I gave a general example of trying to remember something from a month ago (you can remember much of what happened), from a year ago (you remember important things, but finer details and even mundane everyday things are lost), and from ten years ago (can't remember as much, but still have memories). After I posted I got a PM from Pel telling me how much they loved the post and I later found out that it was a topic that was frustrating Stephenie at the time because so many people misunderstood. As a result of all that I was given the rank of Human History Archivist.
Image
Banner by urcoolcarrie
User avatar
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Re: Special Ranks

Postby Goodnight Elizabeth » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm really enjoying hearing how everyone acquired his/her name. I wish more people would post.
Image
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
User avatar
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: There...plotting Lynz's demise :D

Re: Special Ranks

Postby Marcy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:31 am

This is fun!

My rank is Lexicon Crisis Evacuation Coordinator, and I got it back in April of 2007.

The FTP forum here at the lex was sort of out of control, with every other thread being something along the lines of "the twilight mafia" or the "third cousins who sort of know each other and only post things like ZOMG EDWARD! in every post." :lol:

The bandwitdh use around here was absolutely nuts, and the servers kept crashing, so they updated the rules and deleted some of the "club" threads and what not. General whining and pouty-pantsing ensued. Some people were being downright mean and rude in their posts to Alphie and Pel about the changes. So I started a thread saying that it was completely reasonable for these threads to shut down, since our awesome Admins pay for the bandwidth with their own money, and don't charge a subscription fee to the site. I also gave extensive links of free forums where the clubs and groups could relocate if they wanted to keep their topic going. :D Therefore, I became the Lexicon Crisis Evacuation Coordinator. :lol: 8-)
Image
User avatar
Marcy
Lexicon Crisis Evacutation Coordinator
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:22 am
Location: Recovering from Hanson Concert Mania!

Re: Special Ranks

Postby samajama » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:38 am

epona wrote:My rank (which is gone now :cry: ) was 'our species' protector'

I got this rank when some self righteous one post person came onto the lex giving out about SM, the lexicon and their manifesto. It was the most long winded thing i ever read, and got me angry so i retaliated with a snarky post and got a special rank as a result :D

PM a mod or admin and you'll get your special rank back ;] after all, you earned it!


I want to hear more stories!! :lol:
Image
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
User avatar
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk
 
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:49 pm
Location: Wherever my books are

Re: Special Ranks

Postby Goodnight Elizabeth » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:49 am

Marcy wrote:So I started a thread saying that it was completely reasonable for these threads to shut down, since our awesome Admins pay for the bandwidth with their own money, and don't charge a subscription fee to the site. I also gave extensive links of free forums where the clubs and groups could relocate if they wanted to keep their topic going. :D Therefore, I became the Lexicon Crisis Evacuation Coordinator. :lol: 8-)


That is awesome! Yours may be my favorite story so far. It's snarky. I like that.
Image
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
User avatar
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: There...plotting Lynz's demise :D

Re: Special Ranks

Postby xXBeSafeXx » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:51 pm

Marcy wrote:This is fun!

My rank is Lexicon Crisis Evacuation Coordinator, and I got it back in April of 2007.

The FTP forum here at the lex was sort of out of control, with every other thread being something along the lines of "the twilight mafia" or the "third cousins who sort of know each other and only post things like ZOMG EDWARD! in every post." :lol:

The bandwitdh use around here was absolutely nuts, and the servers kept crashing, so they updated the rules and deleted some of the "club" threads and what not. General whining and pouty-pantsing ensued. Some people were being downright mean and rude in their posts to Alphie and Pel about the changes. So I started a thread saying that it was completely reasonable for these threads to shut down, since our awesome Admins pay for the bandwidth with their own money, and don't charge a subscription fee to the site. I also gave extensive links of free forums where the clubs and groups could relocate if they wanted to keep their topic going. :D Therefore, I became the Lexicon Crisis Evacuation Coordinator. :lol: 8-)

That's great. I love these, and yours is especially good. Did you know, however, that in your special rank, the word "Evacuation" is actually spelled "Evacutation"?
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
User avatar
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: school. always school.

Re: Special Ranks

Postby Marcy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Yup. The new misspelling in my rank is one of my favorite parts of it.

I Can Has Evacutation Skills. :D I hated to bug Alphie about it after she was nice enough to restore it! :lol:
Image
User avatar
Marcy
Lexicon Crisis Evacutation Coordinator
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:22 am
Location: Recovering from Hanson Concert Mania!

PreviousNext

Return to Communing With the Pack

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest