Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Those of you on FB will probably already have seen that it's Little Man's sixth birthday today. He is currently sitting on the floor with Daddy putting together his Lego garbage truck. I've got another busy day today. I have to prepare lasagne for dinner, as the family is coming over tonight, do the grocery shopping, and try and mop the back deck a little as we're having visitors on the weekend and it's covered in mud after all the rain and someone with muddy paws walking all over it. I have to do it today as every other spare day I have between now and Sunday will be busy or the washing will be hanging up under the back deck.

Caryn - ah, The Princess Bride! One of the easiest movies to recite! It's so much fun. "There's something I should tell you." "Tell me." "I'm not left handed either." "Who are you?" "No one of consequence." "I must know." "Get used to disappointment."

Songbird - sorry to hear about your diswasher dramas. That sounds like it could be expensive to fix!

Sean - well, at least the kittens are fine! ;)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

First of all, my plan worked. It seemed that all I needed was a little extra sleep, and I was fine most of the day. The only issue that I had was with about an hour of work left, I ran out of work to do, so, lacking focus, I got a little tired, but nothing very bad. I guess that I just needed to get a bit of sleep to calm myself and clear my head. I guess sometimes, sleep is the way I "zone out".

Also, for most of the time at least, I had some work to do today :) :clap: I mostly prepped documents for scanning, and I'll work on that tomorrow. That leaves Wed, but we'll get there when we get there, I guess. That's the thing with me at work: when I have something to do and a task to get done, I get focused and time flies. If not, my mind wanders and time drags, which is part of my problem with office work, but that's what I wanted, and, like with Kristen and Rob, you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

Also, and I'm not sure for sure that this will happen, but I might not go into work Monday and get a day off. It depends on how things work out: everyone else can go to a movie, but anyone who wants to go will have to pay their way. In addition to the fact that I don't like going to movie theaters very much (the only thing I like less is going to race tracks to watch races--you can see so much more on TV 99% of the time, and the food's cheaper at home), I won't have the money to go, even if I really wanted to. It's $6 for the ticket, and god knows what else for good. I've already told you that I'm on a weird pay cycle, so I don't know when I get paid, and I don't work Fridays, so I'll have to wait until the next Monday to collect. And even then, I can't exactly cash my check at work--be neat if I could, but I don't think that things have advanced to that point yet.

So for that, I might go in Monday if they have work, but if not, why show up and be basically alone at work with nothing to do? Sunny or Suzie will let me know by Wed with what'll happen.

Well, I have a few things to do before I turn in tonight, and I'm gonna try and do the same thing to see if things might even be better for me tomorrow. At least I got some of my bedding stuff straightend out, and the kittens are doing fine, though I'm a bit worried about them for tomorrow, as it's supposed to be hotter than hell again. Thankfully, it'll only last one day, and, even more important, we might get some decent rain out of a storm front Wed.

I also found a 20 minute long Audi Le Mans video on You Tube if anyone wants the link.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Monday!

Only 3 more days of teaching to go until September 10th - Whoo hoo!

Well, I did make a raspberry pie yesterday and it's all gone now!

Sean - I'm so glad you had a better day at work and that the extra sleep did the trick. Office not library. Got it. Now it makes more sense. What kind of office is it?

Lynne - Happy Birthday to your 6 year old son. That is such a cute age. They are learning things so fast. I hope you're feeling happier now - it seems so. I'm sorry you had such a hard weekend. You're very gifted if you can write what's in Edward's head. You know that's just what we love about the book that shall not be named (MS).

Tracy - Oh no! I'm so sorry you were sick. You don't get sick very often, so I was a bit worried. It sounds like you're recovering well since you were able to put in your usual effort into your post. I love that blue color. I picked out something like that for my bedroom, but we're getting some water damage and can't paint until we deal with that.

Marielle - I'm glad you're feeling better. If it is a hormonal thing, perhaps your doctor CAN help you with meds? I know what you mean about a little bit of DIY being fun and motivating; I just meant that too much of it probably isn't good for you.

Caryn - Just knowing that you had a rejuvenating day yesterday makes me smile! Since Summit is allowing the clip to be out there (unofficially) if must mean they want it out there. We are going to get soooo many goodies before November 16! I too love Bella's vampire vision - very cool. Beautifully done. I'm sure we won't be disappointed in the cinematic quality of the film. Ellen - I don't know why they'd have a rerun on from BD1. Why don't you check into this for me? 8-)

Susan - My SiL is much more subtle about it. It's nothing that is outrageously rude - it's just that she's not friendly. Do you know what I mean? That's terrible that you're still having problems with your dishwasher. Dang! Now I know why you haven't been around as much - your kids are on summer vacation. As you know we have longer breaks in the U.S., so our kids have already been on break for 6 weeks and have 6 weeks to go and we're pretty much settled into the summer routine. Once you hit the mid-way point, the time will go fast. I do remember those days of trying to keep little kids busy.

Jaclyn - Hi there! Nice to see you. I know - it will be sad when it's over... but maybe it won't really be fully over. I'll bet the cast will have reunions.... And maybe we'll get some sort of sequel. Probably not Bella and Edward, but maybe another offshoot. And we'll still be here talking to each other for a while.

We're going through a heat wave here (upper 90's) Our AC wasn't working well last night, so I didn't sleep well. Better get to bed early tonight. The AC is working well now. I'm almost cold! Can't wait to get in under the covers. (I'll think of that pic of Rob in the white sheets!)

Nighty Night!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Susie: It varies, though it's in the same area of the building--there's a scanning area, and a work desk area. It depends on what I'm doing or if there's work or not, and it can change day by day.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

You know, if you weren’t ready to jump of a building this Dutch summer weather will make you… it has been raining now for a week and a half…!!!! It’s so gray and cold outside…yesterday we had to put on the light at 6 pm just because it was already too dark…

On the house hunt…yesterday we went looking at 2 houses… both had recently been renovated and didn’t need much work… the first one was really nice and really beautiful, though the garden was small and the neighborhood wasn’t that nice, too cramped…
The second house was too small or at least it felt really small and still need work. Like insulating etc.
Today we are going to have a look at an other house, in a better location for us…I hope this will be better…

Some exciting news, we are going to expand are little family!!!!! No I’m not pregnant… but we are looking for a kitten…I hope I have time for that today and make a few calls…

Anyway, posts…

Lynne, just give us the heads up when it’s posts… How is the book publication going?
Hihi, yes the depression/melt down bug seems to be in the air…it doesn’t matter to have a melt down every now and then, it’s better to get it out of your system.

Jaclyn, please come back soon!!!!

Susan, yeah I know, there is a lot going on right now…I just have to sigh and shake my head. It’s so typical me to have a lot going on… I can’t sit still for long…
I have always been a fan of certain country singers but I think I kind of love the pace and the heart in the music… I’ll check your tips out!!!

Caryn, the trouble is that Tuesday’s I’m feeling the same as Monday!!! That way I’ll never get out of my bed!!!
Hihi, I wouldn’t be surprised when Rob and Kris are going to do the red carpet together and give us all a big celebration kiss in front of the camera’s. that would mean real freedom for them…I have the feeling Rob wants to…

Susie, sadly the doc can’t help me with this… I have asked a while ago if there wasn’t any other birthcontrol that would work better me but he says no, because of my other meds…So I’m kind of stuck in the middle… I don’t have issues with being a heart patient at all but some times it makes life ff-ing difficult. I think it’s time I step up my game and get working on getting healthy…
Aww… I hoped you saved a piece of pie for me………

Alright, my new colleague is coming here for an introduction so I better start preparing!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man had a wonderful birthday, and the dinner I served last night went well in spite of the fact that I had several disasters yesterday.

For a start, I was making lasagne, and it was bigger than usual, so I used a dish the next size up from the one I usually use. Only when I had it in there did I realise that the sides were too low to hold it, so I had to transfer it to a larger dish.
Note: transferring lasagne from one dish to another is not easy! Surprisingly, I think it was the best lasagne I've ever made.
Then I had to pick up my parents early because my husband and MIL had an evening shoot, and my FIL claimed he hadn't been told the dinner was on and had made a doctor's appointment for that evening. Then, once my parents were here, I got the pumpkin out, only to find that it was bad, and had to race back to the shops to get another one. Also, when I let the dog in after my parents arrived, I let him run over to say hello without realising he had muddy feet, and he left a trail of mud all over the carpet.
Then, when dinner was ready, I had to get my brother from his work. Fortunately, he was just about ready to go, and by the time we got back I remembered than I hadn't done the peas and beans yet, so I had to do that, and by the time I was done, we were all there and ready to eat!
Phew!

Susie - I am feeling a little stressed this morning, but I hope it won't last. Yes, I would give a lot for MS to be finished, but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon! :(

marielle - Nothing's happening re: publication of my book at the moment. I keep waiting for Rochelle to give me my next task, but it hasn't happened yet.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hey peeps -

I had a staff meeting today during which we were given the potential dates for all the staff meetings of the next school year. Well, when I saw Thursday, November 15, I immediately said, "I can't make that one. I'm going to be taking a personal day - I'll be on a trip. (NASHVILLE). I'm so glad I could say something right away, so It won't be a problem with the boss. 8-)

Lynne - You poor thing! Having all of those things go wrong yesterday! That sounds like one of my anxiety dreams - seriously. Has enough time elapsed so that you can laugh about it yet? No wonder you started out the morning with some residual stress.

Marielle
- Is this new colleague the one they hired to take the job you wanted? If so that will be a bit of an emotional challenge. Sorry your heart meds would interfere with something that could help your hormonal issues. At least if you know a lot of it is due to the hormonal ups and downs, you know what you're dealing with. There is bound to be some sort of natural remedy you could try. I'm sure you've checked into, but keep asking around.

Sean - What kind of business does this company do? What sort of documents are you scanning?

Caryn - Hope your training is going well!

It sure is quiet around here!

See you tomorrow!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'all!! I really should do a mega-post, but I really don't have the energy!!
QUESTION: Are we officially setting the NASHVILLE premier trip in motion??? I will be booking my sister as my sub within a nano-second if Y'all say the word!!
UPDATES:
My Mama's planned mylogram yesterday was a no-go because the doc forgot to give her the steroids needed beforehand considering she is allergic to the dye they use. So, they sent her back home and told her to come back on Wednesday at 7 am. We're going back in the morning. :banghead: But, I think it was God working things out anyway because it delays the possibility of surgery that much longer. I should be able to get back from Orange Beach before she has the surgery. :clap:

My Uncle Bill took a miraculous turn for the better today! He was sitting up, eating, talking, laughing. I have honetly NEVER seen anything like it, and I've seen a lot of deaths from cancer over the years. I was absolutely convinced that yesterday was the beginning of the end. It just goes to show you that God is bigger than anything we can ever imagine! He has obviously got some more work for my Uncle to do! :D

The beach trip - as of today - is on as planned. I will be picking the rental car up on Friday afternoon and heading out early Saturday. My friend Regina and her sister, Kina, are flying into Pensacola at 12:30 on Saturday. I will pick them up and we will spend the night at a bed & breakfast on the Bay. We'll go up to Orange Beach on Sunday and check into our condo. If all goes well with Mama and Uncle Bill, I'll be there until Friday of the next week. 8-)
I'll have my iPad with me... possibly the laptop, too. So... I'll be posting on FB for sure and possibly the Lex once or twice. It looks like we'll soon be moving! We're almost on our 200th page!

I'm off to do some gaming until time to turn in for the night. I'll need to be up early since I'm going with Mama and Daddy to the hospital for her mylogram tomorrow. Night, Siblings!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Tonise - Yes. If we plan it, people will come.
Maybe I can try to fill your shoes on this one since you'll be teaching...
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Susie: I don't really pay much attention to what I'm scanning--they just give the stuff to me and I scan it :P But it comes from various businesses and it's subcontract stuff, so just in cast you thought we were doing anything illegal... :twisted: But I don't really pay much attention aside from what they told me to do, especially as we occasionally scan court documents, too. I already have a jaded opinion on our legal system, so why'd I'd read read something to reinforce that view?

Everyone: And of course, it had to happen sometime: Star Magazine has reported that Kristen may've gotten a boob job. However, that doesn't come as much of a surprise, as Star said that Kristen was considering getting breast implants back in Nov, and Rob and some of their friends had to talk her out of it. I mean, if Kristen wanted implants, she'd have probably have gotten them even before last Nov. Some of my friends on this board have said that a decent push up bra would make a chick go from being an modest A to a full B cup. So I doubt that she's gotten implants, and I have to agree with the Gossip Cop article I read, that it's just a BS rumor, and Star's using this as a ploy to say that they were right about their old inaccurate article. I think that Kristen and Rob play with what they got and love each other the way that they are, and I don't want Kristen to get boob implants just because other people who matter less than even me say she should. And I think that it's abundantly clear that Rob admires Kristen for more than just her T&A, and that's pretty obvious when we see them together, especially at Cannes.

Right now, I'd like to tell you about some things that I truly believe have damn near drug me into the rut that you thought that I was falling into. This might be depressing, but I'd rather dispense with the bad news first so I can end things on a high note :)

My day at work overall was fine, but I did have a bit of a breakdown for a few minutes. It was one of those "life sucks sometimes" moments and I was a bit overcome by it, and I rather that it wasn't at work, but it happened there anyways. And it's not just one thing, but several things.

I've felt like I've been around death so much recently. I have a friend on Facebook who writes for the local news paper, and over the past couple of weeks, it seems that she's been writing about some young guy from around here who got out of school recently who died in like a car accident or something. Jami (my friend) has had to write about this crap, as well as the fact that some guy murdered his mom in NC and he's been attempting to flee back home (last I checked, the SOB was in Columbus being chased by Columbus Police and the Ohio Highway Patrol, who are performing a manhunt for him--obviously, I hope that they get him), and even though I don't personally know a lot of these people, I know people who knew them better than I did, and I feel for them.

I'm also getting frustrated over some of the processes to get benefits for my issues and I feel that jumping through all of those hoops for an extra $115 a month isn't really worth it. They also want me to have insurance and stuff like that, and I don't know about a lot of that stuff and all the crap that I have to go through for it. That's something that I'd love to have end ASAP.

And even work feels awkward. There's a definite adjustment period there. I'm mostly sitting all the time, but that feels weird. I've gotten used to at home to being able to get up and walk around when I feel the urge to do so, and that's the way I keep in shape, is walking--an anecdote on that a little later when I start to have some fun--but I just feel a bit awkward at work right now and I'm still adjusting to it. It's like part of me wants to be there, but the other part wants me to leave or fees like I don't belong there. This isn't really intended to be a long term job, just something to keep my busy and help me with finding a better job in town. But it's just a lot of things that have been making me feel awkward and emotional at times. It's just a rough patch, and I survived mine during the winter, and I'll survive this one. And of course, this hot weather isn't helping, because hot weather can make me sick, which is why I hate it so much. It makes me feel Satan-awful, I don't eat much when it's hot out, and right now I'm sort of praying for rain, which it seems thankfully I'm getting my wish, as from tonight into tomorrow night, there's a good chance for some good, soaking rain.

Now the good stuff: Aside from my deal at work, I had a good day. I got a ton of stuff done, but I don't know what I'll have for tomorrow, which is the only big issue I have at work and probably part of my awkward feeling there, the lack of steady work.

I'm also still trying to figure out whether or not I'll get paid this week. According to their calendar, Friday is pay day, but I don't know if I'll make a trip out there Friday and risk going home empty handed (which I'll be getting some stuff from the library anyways), or wait until Monday, which as I said, I don't know if I'll be going in that day or not--I don't plan on going to the movie outing, and if I can't collect on Friday, I don't know if I can get my check on Monday, which would depend on if I have work or not. But at least, in theory, I'll be getting paid soon.

I've been sleeping better recently, too, so that helps with a lot of stuff. I just like sometimes when you're going to sleep that you can zone out and not have a care in the world.

I also said something about walking. Well, I usually walk around my yard and some trails that we have in the woods behind my house. I don't dare walk on the road in front of my house unless I'm getting to the other side of our property. It's not a good road for walking, because it's narrow, it has no posted speed limit (Ohio State Law says that max speed limit for an unposted road is 55mph--and I've seen people go quite a bit faster than that, and for this road, it should be quite a bit lower), and has all kinds of high speed, blind bends on it. A dream road for an old fashioned racing circuit maybe, but not one that I'd want to walk along the side of.

I'm almost done here and I have a few other things I'd like to attend to, but I should be in bed within about a couple of hours or so, and hopefully my "sleep therapy" will continue to serve me, at least on work days.

And one funny bit about that murderer on the loose in Columbus. He was spotted, face to face, by a former Marine, and this woman said that she learned in the Marines that the best way to hide is in plain site, which is what she told Jami is that this guy is doing it seems by not altering his appearance. Of course, if this woman was a former Marine, why she didn't try and take him out and has decided to let the police deal with it, but the police officers and Highway Patrolmen have guns and clubs and pepper spray and hand cuffs, and this guy is thought to be armed, too. But still a good insight about what this guy's doing and how he's feeling--hopefully, though, not for too much longer.

I'll be back later :)