Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Openhome »

Hi everyone,

I'm just popping in here to perhaps put some perspective on the news of the last few hours.

I'd like to remind everyone that even though our wishes for Rob and Kristen are a fantasy-like happily ever after, real life doesn’t ever end up that way. Especially when you are young and have so many temptations placed before you. Rob and Kristen are both consenting adults and can do what they wish. Was it a devastatingly stupid thing? Yes. Will it ruin her life and possibly his along with those of another family? Yes. I’m sick about it, I’m stunned by it, and I have no idea how much damage will be done by the end.

However, I do know I’ve done stupid things, too (not like Kristen, just to be clear). My husband has done stupid things, my kids will, my grandkids will, and so will all of you. It hurts like hell, but it didn’t ruin me. Instead, it made me stronger and much wiser. Hopefully, that will be equally as true for everyone in this horrid situation.

What I also want to point out is that we as fans helped to cause this mess. Not the affair, that’s all on Kristen and Rupert and is theirs to fix, but the upheaval and anger is all ours.

Yep, we have to claim it.

We forced two young adults to compete with an epic fantasy. We made their relationship into the unreal thing that made us fall in love with Twilight. That’s not fair to Rob or Kristen, and it’s not healthy for us. They call us fans (fanatics) for a reason, and sometimes those reasons aren’t good. This is one of those times. We made them have an epic love that transcended all else. It isn’t fair to them. In fact, it may be the most hurtful thing our fandom has ever done to them and to ourselves.

Rob and Kristen are just two young human beings, and young humans are well known for their mistakes. Let them make it. Their relationship isn’t like Edward and Bella no matter how much we want it to be. They are real, and real people do dumb stuff. Let them. They have a right to it, just like all of us do.

And for all of them, and their families, I pray that they take this horrid event and build better, stronger lives because of it.

I’ll climb down from the soapbox and let you all have fun now.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

^^^ Everything she said. ^^^

(Miss you all.)

[EDIT:]
I thought of something else I'd like to say.

A situation like the one these individuals and families are now facing is difficult enough. It hurts, so much, and there is so much pressure on every party to respond the way that everyone else thinks they should.
"Leave him." "Ruin him." "Forgive him." Or her, as the case may be. Everyone has an opinion-- even when "everyone" is the whole ten people you've confided in. Now... add 5,999,999,999 people to the mix and just imagine the pressure and pain of wading through those waters.

For that reason, I have nothing more to say about this subject. I wish all involved full, happy lives and peace for their hearts and souls. Just as I wish the same for all of you. oxox
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

I think I can safely say its been an awful day today

Dont even know what to say my heart is broken for rob right now we love and adore him so much I know that when hes sad Were sad and when hes happy were happy when people say bad stuff we defend him and the same for kristen ive loved her she is an amazing actress and a down to earth person much like rob we became attachted to them because of the beautiful couple they are inside and out I know everyone makes mistakes I did the same as kristen and lost the love of my life in the process although I did have issues at the time that dosent excuse it I guess If kristen had tokd him when she did it and not wait for it to come out in the press it would of been a little easier to take for everyone

Im just heartbroken For rob he adores her and worships the ground she walks on and there so in love I just hate how much our boy Is hurting right now to think of.him heartbroken tears me apart I just dont know what I feel about kristen right now

Rob if your lurking.in.our house know all of us.love you and will suport you always your an amazing and gracious person who give so many people pleasure

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I was going to make a nice HumpDay post today, but the Robsten news has shocked me to the point where I can't even get all my thoughts in order. I am sad and feel sorry for all parties involved. All I know right now is that I'm still a Rob fan. I'm still a Kristen fan. And I sincerally hope they can work this out together. In private.
I'm going to take a nice shower and go to bed now. Hopefully I'll have my thoughts back in order after that.
Love you all and have a good night!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Wow.

There are as many of us online right now as there are for more happy events. Too bad what brought us all together today was such upsetting news.

I've been keeping up with you all even though I haven't posted, so I'm pretty sure this all happened just today, right?

I am totally shocked and hugely DISAPPOINTED in Ms. Kristen Stewart. Values, much?

Agree with all that Kayla said, though, that we are part of the frenzy that creates the storybook romance as well as the angry reaction.

That being said, I always thought that if they broke up, it would be for more benign reasons, and for that I was partially prepared. For this, I am not.

Can we assume that Rob has known for a while, or not?

EDIT: Maybe we need to remind ourselves that what we really love is the fictional Edward and Bella and we really do love them. We can still love them, you know. This doesn't diminish that fact. Nothing can change that. I recommend RE-READING the Saga now (rather than watching the movies) to get back to the book characters. BookBella never cheated on BookEdward.

One more thing: Good one, Corona - NOW she decides to make her relationship with Rob public?

EDIT #2

My daughter is 22, so I can't be neutral about the age difference thing. If my daughter had an affair with a 41 year old, I'd be so upset! Plus, throw in the extremely inappropriate nature of essentially sleeping with her boss, and I'd be fit to be tied. And if she had done this while in a stable relationship with a really nice guy with whom she had developed a 3 year relationship - Well, let's just say things would be VERY icy around our house!!

I haven't seen SWatH yet. Somehow, I don't think I'll get to it now.

Or is this just the way things are done in Hollywood?
Last edited by Susie on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I came straight here rather than posting my thoughts on FB.

I'm always cautious when the actors who play two characters I like fall for each other in real life. I know these relationships usually don't last. This one had signs of having a bit more commitment than most. I really hope Rob doesn't go off the deep end, return to smoking and sleep with any woman in sight. I'd hate for him to become a player because of this.

Having said that, something in me makes me think it's not over for them. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but sometimes I do get feelings about things. Perhaps they can work it through and come out the other side still together. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm already cringing at the thought of what will happen during pre-press for BD Pt2,though. And I feel sorry for Taylor, too, when I think of that. He's going to be between the two of them, probably literally. Hopefully they will both be able to be mature and get through it, and, as I said, I'm not beyond believing that perhaps they can come through this intact.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

VirginiaMay wrote:[color=#004000A situation like the one these individuals and families are now facing is difficult enough. It hurts, so much, and there is so much pressure on every party to respond the way that everyone else thinks they should.
"Leave him." "Ruin him." "Forgive him." Or her, as the case may be. Everyone has an opinion-- even when "everyone" is the whole ten people you've confided in. Now... add 5,999,999,999 people to the mix and just imagine the pressure and pain of wading through those waters.

For that reason, I have nothing more to say about this subject. I wish all involved full, happy lives and peace for their hearts and souls. Just as I wish the same for all of you. oxox[/color]
Well said Ginnie. You know we feel the same about you. I hope things are getting better for you just now, and if not, you know we are thinking of you and hoping that it does soon.
Susie wrote:There are as many of us online right now as there are for more happy events. Too bad what brought us all together today was such upsetting news.
I thought the same thing. It's almost like an eParty. A very very upsetting party :(
And also, it won't ruin the Saga for us. I think a lot of what Kayla said is true: a lot of people love Rob & Kristen for playing Edward & Bella, and see them as their characters. The characters are still very much in love and wholely together in every way possible. I hope this doesn't ruin the Saga for people. :(

Lynne - I worry for the whole of the BF2 press. This could be terrible, and for the movie/profits. Summit will be raging. I hope Rob & Kris are able to do promo, and I hope the questions at the promo are only about the movie & not about their private life.

I shouldn't even be online! I'm off to fb again for 10 minutes and then I need to go.

:( :( :(
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Susie wrote: or anyone else who wants to read it.

I am totally shocked and hugely DISAPPOINTED in Ms. Kristen Stewart. Values, much?

I never understood cheating. I have always felt if I started feeling for someone then I was over the person I was currently with and end it; however one thing I always knew and felt was a huge NO NO was getting involved with someone who was married and have children. Why would I think it is different just because someone is married you might ask because now you are involving other people such as spouses and kids if there is any in that situation instead of just the person that person is cheating on.

EDIT: Maybe we need to remind ourselves that what we really love is the fictional Edward and Bella and we really do love them. We can still love them, you know. This doesn't diminish that fact. Nothing can change that. I recommend RE-READING the Saga now (rather than watching the movies) to get back to the book characters. BookBella never cheated on BookEdward.
Funny thing is I just grabbed my Twilight book off the shelf yesterday because I haven't read it in a long time and wanted more than just what the movies offered..

Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I was at work today, got sick, went home, and went to bed for a few hours.

I really don't know what to say, really. I can't really defend Kristen if this is true. I can't condone her actions, but if this is true that it was an isolated fling and it didn't get far, I can't say that Kristen should not get a fair shake. Besides, remember the rumors of Rob's alleged flings too. Just because it's never been proven to have happened, we can't say that for sure.

Also, the statement seems very non-Kristen. Just very disappointing and I don't know what to think girls. But the fact of the matter is that I loved Kristen the actress, and I still do. I hope that I don't get excommunicated, because if Kristen is genuinely apologetic, and it was just one small fling, I can't say that it's fair to throw her under the bus alone--Rupert was the one who was married, and Kristen knows that she did wrong and wants to make amends. I guess it's up to Kristen and Rob to see where they go from here.

I just hope that you girls won't excommunicate me from this group because I'm gonna contintue to support both Kristen and Rob. Still fishy that Kristen admitted to it this way, and so much about everything just seems off. But girls, I'm really gonna need your support for a while, Kristen made a dumb mistake, we all do, and even Rob has. One thing I do hope is that Rob remember the role he may've played in breaking up Kristen and Mike before he throws Kristen under the bus.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Well this has certainly turned out to be a most UNhappy Hump Day for us hasn't it? :cry:

Needless to say this news has left me in a complete state of shock and bewilderment. :o I'm having trouble even processing it. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't believe it when I first read it because the tabloids publish crap like this about them all the time. I nearly cried this afternoon when the story was confirmed. Now it's like I'm in mourning, which is such a strange feeling because I don't even know these people yet I'm reacting as if we were close friends.

I think everyone here has already expressed what I wanted to say about the situation, so I'll just comment on your comments.

Kayla~ You've made some excellent points. Fans have looked to Rob and Kristen as a real-life Edward and Bella, but reality can't live up to those kinds of expectations. It wasn't fair of us to put them up on that pedestal and think they wouldn't fall. Real people aren't perfect and they make mistakes, particularly at that age. I'm not condoning what she did in any way, but I know I did things when I was younger that I really wish I hadn't. We've all made dumb choices at one time or another that we end up regretting later on.

Ginnie~ I agree with you. Dealing with this situation is bad enough in private, but having to go through it while the entire world watches (and passes judgement) is going to be just awful. I feel so sorry for Rob right now. :cray: I hope in the end he is able to make the decision that's best for him, regardless of others' opinions about how he should handle it.

AnnMarie~ I feel your pain sweetie. :heartbroke: My heart hurts for everyone involved in this snafu.

Susie~ It is definitely a sad occasion that's brought us together today. It's as if there's a funeral and we've all come to console each other on our loss. Like you I am very disappointed. Kristen is a smart girl and I'm still trying to fathom how she could do something so stupid. The question just keeps going around and around in my head: WHY? :banghead: As I said we all make mistakes but this one was a doozy. She already has her share of haters and this will just add fuel to their fire (like a tanker truck load). I still don't hate her though, even if I don't like her very much right now. I'm really hoping she tries her best to make amends. I do wonder how much Rob knew (if anything) before it went public. As I said to Lynne below, details about what exactly happened are practically non-existant at this point in time. I hope she at least came clean to him before publishing her statement, so that he didn't have to read about it in the news like the rest of us.

Lynne~ I too tried to be realistic when it came to their relationship. I knew the odds of them making it were not super high, although Rob and Kristen did appear to have a better shot at it than most. And I also still have hope that this doesn't automatically mean the end. Couples do survive these kinds of situations, though admittedly not many. There's plenty of speculation going around about what exactly happened, but little actual confirmed fact, so it's hard to make a prediction about how this will play out. The timing of this whole mess couldn't have been worse. The BD2 press tour is not going to be pretty. There's bound to be plenty of tension and awkardness, because you know that's all the media will ask them about. The movie will be completely overshadowed by the scandal. This is definitely not how I wanted to see the Twilight Saga go out. :sigh:

Sean~ I agree while what Kristen did was completely wrong, she shouldn't be made to shoulder the blame all by herself. As the saying goes, it takes two to tango and Rupert should have his share of the tar and feathers flung his way. :rant:
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."