Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak »

So you understand the concept. Now multiply that by infinity, take that to the depths of forever, and you still barely have a glimpse of what I'm taking about.

That is from Meet Joe Black.

Next:

People who run ball clubs, they think in terms of buying players. Your goal shouldn't be to buy players, your goal should be to buy wins. And in order to buy wins, you need to buy runs. You're trying to replace Johnny Damon. The Boston Red Sox see Johnny Damon and they see a star who's worth seven and half million dollars a year. When I see Johnny Damon, what I see is... is... an imperfect understanding of where runs come from. The guy's got a great glove. He's a decent leadoff hitter. He can steal bases. But is he worth the seven and half million dollars a year that the Boston Red Sox are paying him? No. No. Baseball thinking is medieval. They are asking all the wrong questions. And if I say it to anybody, I'm-I'm ostracized. I'm-I'm-I'm a leper. So that's why I'm-I'm cagey about this with you. That's why I... I respect you, Mr. Beane, and if you want full disclosure, I think it's a good thing that you got Damon off your payroll. I think it opens up all kinds of interesting possibilities.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

That's from Moneyball

Next:

What I want to do and what I do are two separate things. If we all went around doing what we wanted all the time, there'd be chaos.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

What I want to do and what I do are two separate things. If we all went around doing what we wanted all the time, there'd be chaos.

That is from Simon Birch

Next:

So, Mr. Turtle?
Whoa, Dude. Mister Turtle is my father. The name's Crush.
Crush, really? OK, Crush. I need to get to the East Australian Current. EAC?
[laughing] Oh, dude. You're ridin' it, dude! Check it out!
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

That's from Nemo!!!! I love that scene!!!

Next

Seems a down right shame....what a nice plump frame, wot's his name has...had...has! Nor it can't be traced
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

marielle wrote:That's from Nemo!!!! I love that scene!!!

Next

Seems a down right shame....what a nice plump frame, wot's his name has...had...has! Nor it can't be traced
Sweeney Todd

Next:

A: I thought we were having a moment.
B: I was having twelve percent of a moment.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

A: I thought we were having a moment.
B: I was having twelve percent of a moment.

That is from The Avengers

Next:

It turned out that the sweet-talking, tattoo-sporting pikey was a gypsy bare-knuckle boxing champion. Which makes him harder than a coffin nail. Right now, that's the last thing on Tommy's mind. If Gorgeous doesn't wake up in the next few minutes, Tommy knows he'll be buried with him. Why would the gypsies go through the trouble of explaining why a man died in their campsite when they can bury the pair of them and just move camp? It's not like they got social security numbers, is it?
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I had to cheat to find out that was from Snatch.

Here's another one.

- I've never felt this way about anyone. I want to do something for her.
- Well, there's the usual. Flowers ... chocolates ... promises you don't intend to keep ...
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Tornado wrote:Here's another one.

- I've never felt this way about anyone. I want to do something for her.
- Well, there's the usual. Flowers ... chocolates ... promises you don't intend to keep ...
Beauty and the Beast

Next:

A: Why do I need a piece of paper to tell me my name?
B: Not you. Not you, my dear, but everyone else. We need paper and computers so we don't have to ask people their names or look them in the face. You have a good face. You look just like your father. And you walk like him, too.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

A: Why do I need a piece of paper to tell me my name?
B: Not you. Not you, my dear, but everyone else. We need paper and computers so we don't have to ask people their names or look them in the face. You have a good face. You look just like your father. And you walk like him, too.

That is from Hanna

Next:

What kind of fuse is that?
Cannon fuse.
What the hell do you use it for?
My cannon!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Jestak wrote:A: Why do I need a piece of paper to tell me my name?

That is from Hanna

Next:

What kind of fuse is that?
Cannon fuse.
What the hell do you use it for?
My cannon!
Second quote, same film:

They're mutations caused by radiation. No, wait; the government made 'em. *Big* surprise for the Russians.
Well, there's nothing like them in the fossil record... Okay, so they predate the fossil record.
[not buying it herself]
That'd make them a couple of billion years old... and we've just never seen one until now. Right.
I vote for outer space. No way these are local boys.