Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
IceisNice
Settled in Forks

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by IceisNice »

Before Breaking Dawn, I always pitied but was annoyed by Leah. Sure, your boyfriend left you for you cousin, but you don't need to make everyone miserable!
Now, however, I am no longer annoyed by Leah, but I do still feel bad for her. I don't know about anyone else, but I got a sense that she has a crush on Jake. She stood up for him a lot, and I just got a sense of it. Then, there's the whole "I'll never imprint because somethings wrong with me." That feeling of not being right, almost defective, must be awful. I really want Leah to find a guy that makes her feel perfect! Having a book through her perspective would be fin with me!
"Kryptonite doesn't bother me, either."-Edward Cullen
cidluen
Wandering Through Town

Post by cidluen »

IceisNice wrote:Then, there's the whole "I'll never imprint because somethings wrong with me." That feeling of not being right, almost defective, must be awful. I really want Leah to find a guy that makes her feel perfect! Having a book through her perspective would be fin with me!

Same here, Leah used to be just a cruel girl for me, but then I sort of understood her. She's been through a lot, and since New Moon her world hasn't stopped changing, the girl needs a break and someone right for her.
Saffron Sunset
Settled in Forks

Post by Saffron Sunset »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:leah is great because she is strong, yes she makes mistakes, but at least she stands up for herself and what she believes in, even if the others think she's being silly or even witchy. and since she's so intelligent, and so insightful, she's usually right in what she says.
I whole-heartedly agree with a lot of what you said there, well written! However, I have to concede that being bitter and mean, even if you have a reason, isn't okay. It's forgivable, but that doesn't mean she had a right to do it.

And I'd just like to point out that I think Leah did get her happy ending in Breaking Dawn. I don't think she needs a man in her life for her story to be "complete". The fact that she's pulled through all the awful things that have happened so far in her life and is still standing strong at the end of them shows such strength of character. I do agree that she deserves something like love in her life, now that she's taken the first step to reconnecting with the world by choosing friends who want her around.

Hopefully Stephenie will publish something from Leah's point of view! I love her sense of humour and slightly cynical way of looking at things. Not that Bella's changed, she is probably the easiest character to whom the reader can relate.
Formerly known as t1gr355.
I'm a Vesperarium Staff member – find the site here for graphics help!

(Keep it light.)
Saffron Sunset
Settled in Forks

Post by Saffron Sunset »

Sorry for double-posting, but there's no edit button in this forum!
In that last sentence of my previous post, I meant to write: "Now that Bella's changed, [Leah] is probably the easiest character to whom the reader can relate."
Formerly known as t1gr355.
I'm a Vesperarium Staff member – find the site here for graphics help!

(Keep it light.)
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Yeah, and I think that Leah was getting better and that her being in Jacob's pack and being a Beta went a long way to helping her recover.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Pixie
Settled in Forks

Post by Pixie »

Nessa645 wrote:Well I'm still a little confused on why Leah turned into a werewolf. Before the Lex went down someone said it's cause he was Harry Clearwater's daughter, but I don't think it's cause of that cause wouldn't have Jacob's sisters turned in wolves also. Hmmmm.
Leah is a two blood line pack member- like Jacob. It could have been the proximity of the newborns and her anger, which is not something Jacobs sisters had experienced. There where new werewolves, at the end of BD- one of them could have been Jakes sister....
Pixie
Settled in Forks

Post by Pixie »

IceisNice wrote:Before Breaking Dawn, I always pitied but was annoyed by Leah. Sure, your boyfriend left you for you cousin, but you don't need to make everyone miserable!
Now, however, I am no longer annoyed by Leah, but I do still feel bad for her. I don't know about anyone else, but I got a sense that she has a crush on Jake. She stood up for him a lot, and I just got a sense of it. Then, there's the whole "I'll never imprint because somethings wrong with me." That feeling of not being right, almost defective, must be awful. I really want Leah to find a guy that makes her feel perfect! Having a book through her perspective would be fin with me!
I never understood why, people where annoyed with Leah. Her problems where SO much more than Sam and Emily- and unfortunately the vampires seem to be the cause of all her problems. I never got the feeling that Jacob and Leah would end up together- for one they are related by great grandfathers, plus they grew up together- to me it was more of a bother and sister type of love.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

All I can say is that I feel Leah's pain. I know exactly where she's coming from and how hard it is for her to deal with being in Sam's pack-while he, as well as every other pack member knows how she feels deep inside her soul. Leah, because she was such an outcast in Sam's pack came off as bitter and annoying to the rest. Which is understandable, they may be wolves but they're still boys. I feel for Leah and if there is another book in the Saga, I hope that she finds somebody like Jacob did and truly lives happily ever after.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Nessa645 wrote:Well I'm still a little confused on why Leah turned into a werewolf. Before the Lex went down someone said it's cause he was Harry Clearwater's daughter, but I don't think it's cause of that cause wouldn't have Jacob's sisters turned in wolves also. Hmmmm.
I think maybe the tribe finally ran out of guys to transform, and there were still vampires around, therefore the tribe had to grow, so Leah was the female with the most werewolf blood(?) in her. I know I didn't exactly phrase that well, but I think everyone gets my drift.

Anyway, I've always liked Leah. I can really relate to her--she's one of the most "real" characters in my opinion. I know a lot of people didn't like her because she was so bitter, but I really liked her. She's one of my favorite characters. I would LOVE to read a book in her perspective.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Saffron Sunset wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:leah is great because she is strong, yes she makes mistakes, but at least she stands up for herself and what she believes in, even if the others think she's being silly or even witchy. and since she's so intelligent, and so insightful, she's usually right in what she says.
I whole-heartedly agree with a lot of what you said there, well written! However, I have to concede that being bitter and mean, even if you have a reason, isn't okay. It's forgivable, but that doesn't mean she had a right to do it.

And I'd just like to point out that I think Leah did get her happy ending in Breaking Dawn. I don't think she needs a man in her life for her story to be "complete". The fact that she's pulled through all the awful things that have happened so far in her life and is still standing strong at the end of them shows such strength of character. I do agree that she deserves something like love in her life, now that she's taken the first step to reconnecting with the world by choosing friends who want her around.

Hopefully Stephenie will publish something from Leah's point of view! I love her sense of humour and slightly cynical way of looking at things. Not that Bella's changed, she is probably the easiest character to whom the reader can relate.
did i say it was ok for leah to be mean and bitter in eclipse? no i did not. she lashed out at everyone, and that wasn't fair. i do think, however, that she was right in yelling at bella in breaking dawn. bella, frankly, deserved it.

i also didn't say leah needed a man. i agree that leah could be alone by herself just fine. i just think that if she were to imprint, it would solve her inferiority complex.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...