Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We've got church at our house this morning, so I'm looking forward to that. I'll have to start cleaning up a bit soon though. We had a good lot of rain yesterday, and that did our lawn the world of good. It's gone now, though, so we're back to sunshine.

Sarah - yes, it was really sad and a shock that such an experienced man would have attempted something like that when he had no water with him.

Songbird - I'm glad your friend got back in time to say goodbye to her dad. Rochelle hasn't commented on the fonts yet. She's under a bit of stress at the moment. We might talk about it when I go to work tomorrow.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm about to take a nap so I can watch some TV shows later, play some VGs and get started on my fan fic. Hint: I think that quite a few of you will like the intro and first chapter because it'll start out as a "girl's morning out".

Aside from that, I don't have much to report, it's been a pretty boring Saturday.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Lynne-I'm cleaning the house too! My friend is coming over tonight to watch BD Part One and possibly Eclipse, I'm not sure if we'll attempt both or not :)

Song-So glad to hear your friend got to spend time with her Dad before he passed.

I'm making this hoodie :) I got the sweatshirt from the craft store, along with some stencils and some fabric paint :) I've made t-shirts before, so I'm hoping this turns out good :)

And thanks for the encouragement on Algebra, I hate it :)

Big news of the day is that hubby is finally leaning towards letting me get a kitten!! We're in a slightly bigger apartment than we used to be and we went by the pet store today while we were running errands and I got to snuggle a 6 week old kitten! Then hubby aka Jason came over and snuggled it, which was great because he's not partial to needles/claws. His concern is whether or not we can train our lab, Rolph, not to chase it, and how much the pet deposit might be. So I e-mailed our apartment management, I'm hoping it won't be too much. Depending on that (if it's not astronomical), a kitten might be my Christmas present!!! When we got married I had to leave my cat with my parents (he's getting older anyway) and as much as I love Rolph, I miss having a kitty.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I have a quick Mod-ish question. Do you want the HH to remain a spoiler free spot and be given a thread in the BD2 movie forum, or do you want to just talk freely here? Either way is fine, just let me know and I'll set you up.

Luffs to you all!
Kayla
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I think we usually keep this relatively spoiler free until all the members have seen it, then we usually go for broke, so having a new forum for spoilers initially will be great.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Thanks for that :) I'm going opening day, but for those of you that are ahead of the US time zones, I wanted to avoid all spoilers :)
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hello siblings!

Superquickie (tee hee) post to say I love you. I have caught up on video and am going to bed at a reasonable hour - I have had not enough sleep lately and must store up to catch the premieres coming up, and the marathon on Thursday, and must keep in touch with Annmarie while she is in London. I will read and post with my Lex lovies tomorrow!

Annmarie, if you are reading, you must take care of yourself too. If you actually do see Rob in London you must not faint - you are representing! Eat healthy, get your sleep, etc. We must hear every detail from you! (You are allowed to faint after Rob is out of eyeshot!) :swoon:
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've just got back from my parents' place. We usually go there every second Sunday afternoon, and take Harry with us for some social time with my brother's dog.

Today Harry got under my parents' fence and attacked one of the chickens next door. It has puncture wounds and we'll have to pay the vet bill, whatever it is. And we'll have to fix the fence so he can't do it again, as he is staying there when we are going away for holidays in December. I can't leave my parents to go leaping over fences and taking chickens out of my dog's jaws.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Lynne: I can imagine cats maybe doing the same with chickens. We don't really have that problem here. Of course, cats would have a hard time fighting with horses, llamas, and goats, wouldn't they? And the only chickens or turkeys that we have around here are in people's freezers or refrigerators. We have no poultry being farmed or raised around here, though as I said, we have about everything else, and deer run wild here, too.

Everyone: I finished my intro to Bio-Booster Armor Twilight. My OC's will feature heavily, as well as Twilight characters, namely Bella and Nessie, along with Edward and a few others. It's mostly a story for entertainment and it's mostly a comedy, action/adventure, sci-fi and horror/humor deal. And there will be teen and adult versions to suit your flavor, too. I can post a preview if any of you would like.

I also need to start working on my other yet to be completed fan fics, too.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry to double post, but the HH seems to be abandoned again--though with the LA premier for BD2 being tomorrow, I can see business picking up then.

Today is probably the last warm day of the year. If you can, you'd better enjoy it because it'll likely be the last one for a while in most of the country. Based on what I heard this morning, this coming storm front is moving at about 35-45mph. People who I know of who might be in the path of this front and when it's gonna get to where ever will be listed below:

Me--tomorrow morning.
Caryn--late tonight/very early tomorrow morning
Susie--already passed through (sorry Susie :( )
Sandy--late evening/tonight
Tracy--tomorrow morning.

If you can, enjoy the weather today, because as I wrote, this'll probably be the last really good day for a while.

I'll probably pick up on my BBAT fan fic tonight later on after I get a few things done and a few shows watched. I won't have to go into work until Wednesday, so that's nice for getting my fan fic up and running. And there was a bit of discussion on the TL HH about how the Volturi may've fared if some of their "gifts" could've overridden Bella's shield. Well, there might be one creature at least that might be immune to such power, though it's not a vampire, shape-shifter, or, likely, a vampire hybrid. Just take a guess as to what I'm talking about ;) .