Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Songbird »

Lynne, I hope you hear about the fonts soon!
Yikes...I take it they got the chicken before Harry killed it? Do you know how expensive it's going to be yet? Is Harry grounded?

Sarah, yeah, I was always good at math, but I still hated it. It's not my thing. I much prefer languages. Of course, I was the only girl in my Calculus class in high school, and that might have soured me a bit more than I already was. But you are a total hero for being so dedicated. What is it you are studying? Or did you mention this and I've forgotten?
Please please please take a pic of the hoodie when you are done! Are you on Facebook? We have a group there and you could post a picture...I'm sure everyone would love to see it. Let me know if you want to join and I'll PM you a link.
Yay for a kitten! I hope it works out for you!

Kayla, I think we want an extra spoiler thread...I know several people have expressed the desire to remain spoiler free and there are a few of us who get the movie 2 or 3 days before those of you in the states, and I KNOW those of us that do are going to want to talk about it with each other. Thank you so much!!!

Brenda, are you watching all the movies again, or do you mean you caught up with interviews and stuff? I'm rewatching all the movies...I just finished Eclipse and I'll watch BD1 tomorrow while the kids are at school, then I can go pick up my tickets at the theater and I'm ready for Tuesday!!! YAY! SO excited. The wait is almost over. SQUEEEEEE!!!

Tracy, I started rewatching all the movies...yep...I agree...MURDERED the meadow scene...and the restaurant scene....and I HATE that there's no interrogation from Jessica after the restaurant. And there seem to be scenes in every movie that just make me so mad because they aren't the way they should be, or things that should be there and aren't. Yikes...but now I know what you mean. I had completely blocked it out of my memory that that key scene was so messed up. Hate it hate it hate it!

Sean, I'm assuming the Bio Booster thing is your fan-fic?
Don't freeze with the colder weather!
So since you have a job now and have money coming in, will you get to see the movie pretty soon after it comes out? I know with part 1 you didn't get to see it for such a long time because you couldn't afford to go. I hope you get to see it this time. I think they should show both movies more than just on opening night. I think they would make a killing on it because there are so many people who are too late to get tickets, or can't make it that night...they should do several "marathons" of at least the part one and part two...and maybe all the movies on the weekends when people are free to go. Just my opinion, but since Summit/lions gate seems to want to milk fans for all their worth, and theaters want to take advantage of the franchise, it would make them a ton more money. If they had a marathon on the weekend, I would have waited to go with my husband when we could pawn the kids off on my in-laws. I bet there are a lot of people who would prefer a weekend viewing because of work, kids, etc. I can't believe they didn't think of it themselves to offer that.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to work for Rochelle today. Hopefully, we'll talk some more about my book cover. At least now we only need to find the right font!

Sean - most cats would take longer to do that kind of damage, though, because they're smaller. Yeah, I was tempted to say we'd take the chicken home ... for dinner!

Songbird - I jumped over the fence and prised his mouth open to get the chook from him. The neighbours were out at the time.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Songbird: Yes, that's my fan fic.

And no, I don't plan on seeing BD2 in theaters, either. I may have money coming in, but it's not a lot, and $110 dollar pay checks don't last long around here. So it's hard for me to plan to watch such films, and movie theaters are expensive around here. I'd rather wait until it comes out on DVD--you only have to pay a one time price and you can watch it whenever you want. Or when it comes out in the dollar theater, but I don't really like going out to movie theaters anyways. I'd rather have everyone here spoil me and then I'll try and buy the DVD when it comes out. But DVD time even for BD1 and SWATH won't happen until I start getting my social security checks. At least by then BD2 and Cosmopolis will be out. I don't know when I'll be getting those checks, though--it took several months for the process to get this far, and I don't know how much longer I'll have to wait to get the checks after I've been approved, which happened a few weeks ago, but it'll still be a while before I'll start getting payments.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

May I please get an excused absence for yesterday, please??

I was gone because I went to a Twilight mini-marathon viewing party at my friends house. We watched the first three and will watch BD1 as part of the double feature with BD2 on Thursday at the theatre. It was just three of us since the other lady had an out of town funeral to attend. Anyway - we had a fabulous time. -popcorn, theatre candy, pizza, libations. My friend has a large house (cause she's as old as I am, except with more money) and her basement has a large flat screen and theatre chairs, a bar, a fireplace, a table for board games - hey! We played the Twilight board game! I didn't get home until 2am! So anyway, since my absence was Twilight related, am I excused? I do want to think I'm still keeping my promise. :?

Kayla
- I think we should remain spoiler free - but for not too long. How about until opening weekend is over? Thanks for asking. It's nice to see you on the thread!

Sarah - You know, it's fun reading your posts because it reminds me of when I was first married, before kids. I remember having time on my hands and my husband not having time on his hands because he was working full time - I was part time. I usually used the extra time for cooking. I recommend this. The way to a man's heart is..... and also YOUKNOWWHAT.

Brenda - Since I deal with students similar to your mom, I know just how much of a success story she is! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

Desiree - Welcome back! It's so good to see you. Yes, Twilight holds a special place in my heart too. I want to be here at the Lex for the next few weeks as we experience the last movie together. Are you going to the opening show?

Tracy - Looks like it wasn't your fault at all - the multiple posts. I loved all your various emoticons, though. I really did giggle a little! I'm starting to get excited for Thursday now. I really hope people come back to the Lex. As I was watching Eclipse last night, I thought fondly of all our Lexing during that movie and felt sad that facebook as diminished our involvement on the Lex.

Sean
- I missed the storm because it was while I was watching Eclipse in my friend's basement. Now it's literally freezing out. You'll be getting that next. I figure you're one day away from us on weather.

Lynne
- Oh No! You must feel terrible about what Harry did. Oh, the challenges of being a dog owner. Dogs will be dogs.

Songbird - Thanks for writing about your political evolution. The more you learn about the world, the more progressive your views become, don't you think? I mean, Anthropology, Sociology, etc. I love that Obama's mom was an Anthropologist - that was initially a big selling point for me. Regarding gay rights - if only people in non-urban areas actually knew openly gay people as individuals, as real friends, they'd understand better. If we could think of a way to make that happen, that would do wonders to change the hearts and minds. My son's best friend has two moms and they are very family oriented - one mom is a teacher the other is an architect. I know them well and think there's nothing strange. So much of it is exposure and comfort level. Yes. The Christian Left movement is growing - tolerance and acceptance of all God's children, as well as helping those less fortunate.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

See you tomorrow!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Susie: I did post when everyone I know of in the storm's path can expect it to come to them. I know on TWC it went through early this morning, or at least there was snow there in Minneapolis this morning. For example, Caryn will get it tonight, as will Sandy, while me and Tracy are supposed to get it early tomorrow. Those are my estimates. I guess that this is welcome to November in the American Mid-West.

Everyone: I plan on watching some of my shows tonight, playing some stuff on my PS2, taking an nap, and maybe working on the first proper chapter of my new story. As I told Caryn on her FB page, the NASCAR championship seems to be a bit of a bust now, so I might watch the F1 race next Sunday, or maybe look up World War II stuff and work on fan fic.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

HELLO EVERYONE!!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm not even gonna post my excuses...normal RL stuff as always!

I am looking forward to BD2 on Thursday, and to doing the 5 movie marathon... it will be really nice to see Twilight, New Moon & Eclipse on the big screen again! I have hardly watched any promo interviews... and I am only on NM, so no way I am gonna finish my re-read of the Saga before the movie comes out! :( Oh well, I'm sure I will still enjoy it anyway!

I can't really reply to posts, but I still do read along everyday & think of you guys all the time!

Just a couple of quick shout outs....

Lulu - I know, I feel like I'm never here. I terribly miss you all but I never seem to have enough hours of the day now... I hope everything with your next in-vitro go well. That is so exciting!! I can't wait till we have kids :D Not sure how often you are able to check the lex these days so I may give you a wee fb message :)

DESIREE - Hi girl!! It was so nice to see your post - I MISS YOU!!! I hope everything is ok with your wee dude... I am here if you need anything!!

Marielle - Sorry you are unsure about the job interview but I beleive that everything will work out for you, and you WILL end up in a job that you enjoy & one that appreciates you!

Susie - Hello! I started to read what you sent... really enjoying it! I will send you an email soon saying what I think :)

Caryn - Hello there! Do you know what the last scene of BD2 is yet?? Don't tell me! But... I do want to know... will we like it? Or is it going to be terrible??

EVERYONE ELSE I want to say a million things in my reply but alas, I need to go to bed! I hope to come back soon....

Take care folks & I'll catch you all later!! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Jaclyn: I hope that you can post more regularly soon :)

Everyone: I have a turkey and stuffing ovenbake on, my shows are about to come on, and I have a few things to do to unwind and maybe sneak in a nap before possible fan fic time.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all :)

Quiet night in my house today..hubby has got football on while I study. Last night I had a friend over to watch BD 1, now she's excited for the premiere this weekend :) Forgot what a good movie it is!! I have a few issues with it..the wolf attack at the end especially, but overall Bill Condon did a pretty good job. Still waiting to find out from our apartment complex if we have to pay an additional pet deposit..if not, there's an excellent chance I'll be a kitty momma before the week's end!

Sean-Thanksgiving food? :) sounds like a yummy variation. Sorry you can't see BD 2 right away..but at the rate DVDs come out..it'll be here around Valentine's Day I'm sure!

Susie-sounds like such a fun party!! I wish I had friends that would play the Twilight game with me!! And bahahaha :) I try to use the time productively, studying Algebra in preparation for my CLEP test (basically a test that allows me to prove I know the material and therefore don't need to take the class), but I do manage to keep the house running and make sure he's got treats for his lunch. I often have to remind hubby that a way to a woman's heart to spend some quality time with her so that he can get what he needs ;) at least in my case anyway. He's so busy!

Lynne-sorry to hear about your dog and the chicken..wow!

Song-I'm more of a writer than anything else :) English is my favorite. I'm just doing independent math study, trying to get ready to take the test to get the final credit of my degree. I plan on starting the hoodie tomorrow and will definitely post a picture :) I am on Facebook and I will let ya know about joining :)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

No more word on my book cover or on the chicken's condition. I'll keep you posted on both! ;)
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh! The Lex just ate my post!! :banghead: I'm so over it. :rant:

I thought I'd just post this instead, so I won't tear my hair out. :roll: It's too cute ;)
Banner by TammyAZ