Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by GrayceM »

Jaclyn!
I almost hit the floor! Heehee!

Must have been a great dream anyway

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

15 minutes!!!! Yes Austin it's heavy a marathon like that

These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First off, Caryn and I got into a big discussion this morning (we're still cool, so don't worry ;) ) and I had to admit something to her that I feel that I have to admit to everyone here.

First, a question: Does anyone think that I'm over-protective of Kristen and Rob? I ask this because I have to admit that I've been extremely defensive of Kristen and Rob over the past few months especially. But I've been pretty defensive of them before the flirting/cheating scandal, too. After I became a fan of the Twilight Saga novels and film series, I quickly noticed posts of how either Kristen and/or Rob can't act, that they suck, and, especially for Rob, the "gay sparkly vampire" horsecrap. That stuff got pretty old and worn out pretty fast.

That's not to say that I don't have a sense of humor--Kristen and Rob joke about themselves all the time. But I absolutely hate it when people, often mean spirited and with ill intentions, name drop them or rip on them to sell magazines and get web hits. That's gotten old too.

I guess that you can call me over invested, but aside from the cheating deal, I see no good reason for people to rip on Kristen and Rob. It's like how people call Rob weak, stupid, having lost whatever friggin' marbles he ever had, etc, over the reconciliation rumors. Gimme a break! And give Rob one too. Most of these people making such comments about Rob don't know him and don't know the dynamic between him and Kristen. None of us do--we're all on the outside looking in. We can only guess that they're back together, let alone why they got back together and if Kristen learned from her mistakes and Rob has learned from his issues, too, and both now realize what they want. But that's all a guess IMO. I can't say for sure that they're even a serious couple. There are things to suggest that, but I just can't jump that hurdle yet. Just don't shoot me for saying that I believe in the possibility that the reconciled, but I don't want to jump the gun until it's proven that they're most likely back together.

But as I've said, most of the criticism that Kristen and Rob get is pretty much unjustified. K did deserve some (or even a lot) criticism over the cheating deal, and that's coming from a huge fan of her's. But when people over did it, that's what pissed me off. When people over do criticizing Rob, that pisses me off, because it's BS in my book.

It's like K's dress. I'm a guy, who is also 26 (well, I'll be 26 in a couple of weeks), so I have to admit that I liked it from the "shock and awe" stand point. But at the same time, I can see--and agree with--the points of view that the dress was too revealing. But then again, I have commented that Cher wore a similar dress to the Oscars in '98, and it was similarly revealing. But at the same time, I have two issues with the dress, and that's why it's not my favorite of Kristen's looks.

1: What about the teen girls there who might have gotten the wrong impression, especially if they were first time viewers of Kristen? I'll grant that it probably took quite a bit of confidence on her part to wear the dress if she knew that it was so sheer, but you need, at the risk of sounding sexist, one hell of a body to pull that off. That I think could hurt girls who don't have a good image of themselves physically at that age, and teen girls do need a lot of positive support to have a good self image/self esteem at times, and to know what's best for them, too. So it can be said that her wearing the dress could've been, like much of H'wood, sending mixed signals to say the least.

2: The dress isn't a one off! Not only is that individual dress gonna be auctioned off, anyone here, provided that they have the money, can order one! At least some of you know now not to buy it, at least not without having it altered. Not all women like "showing the color of their underwear" in such risque clothing. I do wonder if Kristen, the designer, and her stylist knew that under flash bulbs that it would/could be so revealing.

I do have to say that I liked the dress, but it's not my favorite, because though it was following a trend and was very avant garde, it may've pushed the envelope too much, and that, like most things fashion related is subjective. Personally, I thought it was sexy, but maybe too sexy for the occasion IMO, and it could've sent mixed signals to people.

But back to the stuff about R&K and the crap that they take. This leads me to why I admire both of them so much. I do think that most of us would have a hard time naming two similarly notable people who over the past few years have taken so much crap, and so much of it unjustified. But you know what? I think that Kristen and Rob have weathered the storm pretty well all things considered.

I can remember people saying that Rob would cave mentally and emotionally like Heath Ledger and kill himself. I wonder how such people feel now seeing Rob about as happy as he's ever been? And people who wanted Kristen to bail out of H'wood because they though that she sucked and didn't belong in main stream films, and the similar arguments made of Rob. Again, I wonder how those people feel that they're two of the most well-paid actors in H'wood, have no problems finding work that they want to do, are heavily in demand, and both seem to be genuinely happy in spite of their issues over this summer.

They have taken so much crap both of them, so much of it unjustified, but they never caved, they never gave up. That's one huge reason I admire Kristen and Rob so much, aside from the fact that they do work that's important to them, not some quick money maker like what most people would do. They went from awkward newbies in mainstream H'wood to being now able to play the game as well as anyone, and get what they want out of it without selling themselves. That's why I'm a fan of both of them through and through, and as long as they're happy, that's all that matters to me :)

Now that I gave a mega-long post about why I still admire Kristen and Rob (and my dress criticism), I feel that I have to be fair and give some responses, since this might be my only post of note today.

Skatepixie: I hope that you'll feel at home here. I'm the only regular male poster here now (Corona/Austin used to be too, but he's swamped at work right now, but he does come in when he can).

Ann-Marie: I hope that you enjoy the premiere and Rob sees your/our sign :)

Beth: Welcome back :) I know that feeling. Anymore, I just feel sometimes that there's not enough hours in the day when I work, and I only work 3-4 days a week, but varying hours do screw that up for me quite often.

Sarah: I hope that when you get a cat, I hope it's not like our newest cat, Ted, who used to be a real pain when I'd try to sleep--he'd climb all over me and would even sit on my head. He's out grown that and it a good kitty, but he was pretty majorly (overly) affectionate.

Susie: Of Cher's films, I've seen most of them, my favorites being Mermaids, Moonstruck, Witches of Eastwick, and Tea with Mussolini. I also like a lot of her music. I do agree that Kristen looked great in that dress and it was very glamorous, but a bit more restraint with us being able to see stuff that we'd have seen with her in a bikini or lingerie could've done done wonders and made it a bit better. It left about as much to the imagination as some of Bob Mackie's creations that Cher has worn in the past LOL. I like the dress, just not my favorite.

Jaclyn: I can't tell you off my head about BD2's London event. I'll be either at work or possibly asleep, and I don't really like live streams so I don't really pay attention to that stuff until after the fact. But it will be tomorrow, and Ann-Marie will be at the event. Maybe you could ask her or someone more knowledgeable about this stuff, let alone technology LOL, to help.

Everyone: I do plan on trying to write my fan fic first full chapter tonight, or at least get a start on the damned thing finally. I do think that most of you will like it, but the full story is a while from being anywhere near done and I have to get it beta'ed once I'm done or when at least I'm done with my other stories that I'm working on or I get a break from that stuff.

I'll leave all of you for now with a bit of a poem that I think that most of you will find to be funny (about K&R, Twilight, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver, my fan fic characters, etc--just random fun).

I Care, by Sean/Chernaudi.

When vampries can make me say "wow, oh!:
And when I find out there's two big NASCAR races in Ohio, I care

When I can read about P-51 Mustangs
And vampires don't have fangs, I care

When a 302 Boss Mustang engine purrs
And vengence becomes her's (for Melinda a fan fic character), I care

When the pitcher comes off the mound
And Kristen and Rob seem to want to put me underground (heart attack ;) ) I care

When vampires and werewolves and live in harmony and glamour
and Sho and Agito use their Bio-Booster Armor, I care

When I can read stories that make me go "Mama Mia!"
And when I can write one that'll leave someone saying "OMG Lia!", I care

When I see stuff in a race that makes me go "golly gee"
And I see a Clint Bowyer/Jeff Gordon based parody commercial for 5Hour Engery, I care.

I can go on for days and days
But even I can't count the friggin' way, I swear!

But I still care
:)

Also, the NASCAR Nationwide series will be racing at Mid-Ohio next year (in my back yard), and the Truck Series will be racing at Eldora next year as well. Pretty big news, since Mid-Ohio is very close by and Eldora is a dirt track.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Okay so I've got a headache, high blood pressure and I'm shaking all over... not to mention my mom is laughing at me.... that's what you'll get from watching BD2

Caryn I'll send you an email when I wake up

These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by marielle »

I'll make a spoiler report tomorrow. Right now I'm trying to get rid of my anger with the creators...it was the best movie yet but I still hated a part

dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi Everyone!!!

It's so good to see my name with a post on board again. Sorry it's been so long, RL could get really crazy nowadays, but rest assured I haven't forgotten every single one of you. You have all been great friends and you all make my Twilight experience so much more special and fun. Less than 8 hours for me before I got to see BD2, I'm so excited I don't know how to pass the time. Whether you'll see it on various opening dates or waiting a couple of days for the cinema to cool down, have fun with your viewings. This is our moment. I'll see you all on the other side.

-Raine-
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!! I'm totally fangirling over here. I have 40 hours until I start the marathon and a little less than 50 until I'm watching BD 2. So close yet so far away! This is one of those moments I wish I lived further east, lol!

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~
I've given up trying to finish my reread of Breaking Dawn. I read up through the wedding and honeymoon and pregnancy reveal, because how can you not want to read about the wedding again? ;) I skipped Jacob's entire "book", and then read the transformation scene and through the first hunt, Renesmee's introduction to Bella, the cottage and their second honeymoon night, and Bella's introduction to Charlie. I was hoping I'd have time to reread about the covens, but with work tomorrow and choir tomorrow night, and plenty of errands to run Thursday before the 10 pm show....it's just not worth my time. I also rationalized that the chance of me being disappointed if the movie doesn't closely follow the book is more slim if I can't remember the final third of the book. :lol:

I just finished making homemade cornbread dressing for our Thanksgiving potluck lunch at work tomorrow. We always have great food and will probably all be in a tryptophan (sp?) induced haze while trying to work with our patients in the afternoon. :sleep: :D

skatepixie~ Welcome to our little corner of RobHeaven! We're glad you stumbled into our humble abode, and hope you enjoy yourself. ;)
dazzel21 wrote: It's so good to see my name with a post on board again. Sorry it's been so long, RL could get really crazy nowadays, but rest assured I haven't forgotten every single one of you. You have all been great friends and you all make my Twilight experience so much more special and fun. Less than 8 hours for me before I got to see BD2, I'm so excited I don't know how to pass the time. Whether you'll see it on various opening dates or waiting a couple of days for the cinema to cool down, have fun with your viewings. This is our moment. I'll see you all on the other side.
-Raine-
I appreciated your thoughtful words Raine, and please know that we feel the same way about you, and the time we've all spent here together. You're so right......this is our moment. My emotions are kind of all over the place right now. As excited as I am to see the movie, and as fast as I want Thursday night to get here; it's so bittersweet to think this is the last time I'll ever wait, anticipate, and wonder and speculate exactly how they'll adapt this scene, or how that scene will translate from page to screen, if that makes sense. :(

Lulu~ I know you're excited too, and I'm so happy ya'll will be having your own SW mini HH Con. We know you'll represent and do us proud, and we can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sure your hubs will have a blast as well.

Marielle~ I can't wait to read your thoughts but appreciate you remaining spoiler-free here. I think I'll need to stay away from Facebook for a couple of days, too. You survived! Will you see the movie again soon?

Sean~ I appreciated reading your thoughts about Rob and Kris, and they certainly have come a long way, farther than most people expected, probably. My thoughts about Kris' dress are pretty similar to yours. It was a beautiful dress and I loved her old Hollywood style gorgeous hair and make-up, but think the dress would have been much more appropriate for this (or any public event), had it been sheer from mid-thigh, instead.

Sarah~ Your husband's meal sounded delicious, and pretty impressive. My husband can cook okay and grill just about anything, but always seems to need me to tell him specifically what to fix....lack of initiative, I guess. ;)

Susie~ Moving downstairs will definitely be a transition, but it will be nice to have a little more privacy and not have to share the one upstairs bathroom with the kids. The upstairs bedroom where we've slept since we moved in this house nearly eight years go is attached directly to a bonus room/playroom. And now that the kids are older, I'm forever having to ask them to "wait a minute, I'm changing clothes," before they burst through the door to play Legos or the Wii. :roll: Sleeping a floor away from them will take a little getting used to, I'm sure; but it's not as if they wake up at night very often with nightmares or illness, and the're old enough to come downstairs if they need us.

Hello to Grayce, Jaclyn, Brenda, Songbird, Austin, Caryn and anyone else I've missed.
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Quiet but productive day for me. Ran a few errands, did a ton of housework-lots of laundry and then re-arranged our living room, got my hair cut..now forcing myself to study even though I'm starting to get sleepy for no apparent reason.

Susie-thanks, I think he's a keeper too :) I went on Petfinder today and e-mailed about a kitty, which Jason looked at and he's totally softening! So funny to watch. I definitely need to make the man some muffins this week since he cooked me dinner :)

Sean-it's nice to see someone so passionate about actors I care about. You keep me informed as to what's going on with them, which I appreciate :) I didn't look at Kristen's dress too much..and since her boobs weren't majorly out, I didn't think it was that revealing, in terms of Hollywood. Would I ever wear something like that? No..but on her it looked amazing. I think she pulled it off quite well.

And I thought people really clobbered her about the break up, which bothered me to no end. People can be so harsh and it was painful to watch because frankly it's none of our business if they're together or not. Terrible situation. Poor Kristen. She's young, she made a mistake, and because of who she is, the world hammered her. If they were married, I would be a bit harsher, but I just feel bad for people like her and Rob who just wanted to act, not be apart of the whole media circus with no privacy. So sad.

Tracy-thanks :) Jason lived alone before we got married, so he learned how to cook. Smart man. :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I will come back and make a real post later after I've had some more sleep, but just wanted to say, for the siblings that are not on FB that the movie is SOOOOOO good. Marielle is right....it's shocking, high blood pressure inducing, but to say more would spoil it.

Welcome, Skatepixie~! I'll come introduce myself properly later.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ