THINGS ARE HOPPING AROUND HERE!!
JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS. I even found myself reading the thread during my class today and I'm posting while still at school, and I haven't done that in a while!
Jazz Girl wrote:Yes, I'm getting beyond excited and a little nervous. But, I reached a point this morning where I realized that I'm going to love it no matter what, because that's who I am. I will have strong opinions, and I may get steamed about some things. But, I know unequivocally that I will love it for what it is and I'm okay with that.
- You've come a long way in your therapy!
Can't wait to discuss it all in the spoiler thread on Friday. Regarding your Bill Condon remark - way too cryptic for me because I'm not going to go back and look up that quote. I'll just have to put two and two together after the fact.
You HAVE been gone too long! Like us all you want, even if it's not possible to enter on the Lex! You poor girl - what you had to go through last night at the cinema! That's outrageous. I would have been so upset. I suppose all of that stopping and starting ruined the continuity for you. You'll probably enjoy it more tonight.Sarah
- Hooray for your hubby softening on the kitty idea! So the test you are studying for is a basic exam for all teachers in your state? Not sure if I got that right. I remember when I had to take that and I was sooo worried about the math and then I actually did better on that than the English part and I'm an ESL teacher!
- WELCOME!!! Don't be scared off by me since I do qualify as your "elder" and am possibly your mom's age.
I'll be 54 on Saturday. But you know what? I'm real life friends with many of the Halfway House sisters. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel and meet 15 of the ladies in 2010 and 2011 and then we had our own little meet-up in Chicago last June where I met 4 more! Fun facts about me - I teach English as a Second Language to Adults, I live in Minneapolis (a hipster city, so they say) and have one son in college and a daughter who graduated from college in Social Work last May and is now in Argentina for a year. My husband is an IT guy, and he used to work for Northwest Airlines and then Delta, and then got laid off in the merger, but he got to keep the flight benefit as part of his severance package. Thus, all of the traveling! I'm writing about all of my trips now in a memoir. You're a fiction writer - you join the ranks with Lynne, who is getting her first YA novel published as we speak. Our Mod, Kayla has submitted a book for publication. Ginnie, who has written fanfiction, is working on an original fiction. Geographic location - Desiree is also from Southern CA.
- Well, at least all of that bicycling is good for your health!Ann Marie
- You poor thing! I wouldn't do well out there in the cold at all! I don't blame you for crying. I already feel like crying and I'm not standing in the cold! Don't feel bad about that. It IS emotional. Keep in mind that the physical hardship probably makes the emotions more raw.Desiree
- So nice to see you back on the Lex!
- I know what you mean about not wanting to say anything at all about the movie. I'll wait patiently until I see it to discuss with you. Sorry your mom laughed at you! Did you see Paula there?
- I think it is sweet of you to defend Kris and Rob.Austin
- We all understand real life. I hope to see you back here when it's safe to talk about the movie.
- What you said about not being able to get through BD before the movie echos my experience. I just couldn't do it! I planned to read it before but.... I find myself reviewing the plot so that I will be prepared. I found myself questioning myself - do you really remember everything? And then I relaxed because after reading it 4 times, I really do remember the plot! I might not remember every single vamp name and their special power, but the movie will spell that out. Your kids are going to have so much fun now that they have the entire 2nd floor to themselves. They can have awesome sleepover parties!!
Tomorrow is the big day for most of us - I'm staying in a hotel with my friend from 7th grade and we're meeting up with 2 other gals - the four of us saw BD1 together last year. We have reserved seat tickets in the 21+VIP balcony at the ICON theatre for a BD Double Feature!! Whoo hoo!
I'll check in tomorrow before I leave.BYE!