Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by openfire »

Hello everyone!!

I am SOOOO happy to see that you all have enjoyed the movie so far. I am getting really really excited!! We have the next couple days off work - all set for the marathon!! I have never spent 12 hours in a cinema before LOL. My backside is gonna be NUMB! I am seriously taking a pillow with me Hahaha!

I am also very excited to see Twilight again at the cinema. And Eclipse. And... I am gonna admit something here! I have never seen BD1 since last year!!!!!!!!! So it will certainly be good to see that again! And, as much as NM might not have the same place in my heart as some of the other movies, I am looking forward to a few parts of it very much. So aye, in general, I am VERY MUCH excited about tomorrow!!!

And then I am going back to see it on Friday night. And maybe at the weekend too :D

Susie - It really is like the "good ol' days" LOL. I was even gonna do a nice big mega post, but I don't think I can concentrate LOL!!!

IT IS NEARLY TIME!!!

Raine - I loved what you said. You are so right; this IS our time.

This is what we have been waiting on. The grand finale.... I guess on Friday I will be really sad that it really is over... We HAVE to promise to stay here. I am thankful to SM for many things, but not just for the wondeful story that we all love, but for bringing me HERE to all of YOU! It really has been a wonderful journey.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Good evening siblings

I'm on the coach back home after a epic couple of days in London I'm not gonna dwell too much on the fact I didn't see Rob,Taylor or Kris :( it was so poorly organised we got wristbands which meant we would be let in first too the barriers for the red carpet but no we were practally last a friend that came today who was way at the back got pics with all the three it was very bad but I got some cool photos I'm really happy because I watch XFactor and my fav contestants union j were there and I got my picture taken with JJ from the band I'm happy I was there it was amazing to be there for the finale but also emotional I'd been cryin most of the day because no more Twilight it really makes my heart break

Tommorow though 12 hours of twilight so excited

Hope your all ok

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Whoa, this place is hopping!

Glad to see all the positive-ness about BD 2, I still have 2 whole days! We have tickets to the 10:45am showing on Friday morning.

Susie-it's all good, it's confusing! The test I'm taking is called a CLEP test, military members generally take them, or people who have a lot of knowledge about their subject matter that they're majoring in but don't want to take the actual classes (like a business man CLEPing business classes). So I'm trying to CLEP a mathematics course..I hate math and the class required for my degree is way more Algebra focused than the CLEP test is, so I have a subject list of what will be on the test and I study from there. I've taken it twice-once right before my wedding-so now I have a really good working knowledge of what's required and have been working on knowing the basics (easy mistakes tripped me up the last time) for a few months. I hope to take it by the latest, January..I was trying for before the holidays, but we'll see how busy we get :)

Song-one of the benefits of going to a morning showing is avoiding a lot of the annoying twilight fans who would scream/talk through the whole thing ;) For BD 1, it was mostly old people :D As far as meat goes..it's not really a compassion thing, even though I'm so with you on the duck thing! Cute duckies! I have to be in the mood for meat and I mostly eat chicken, along with the occasional steak or burger. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for :)

Thanks for the encouragement about the MIL, I'm not really looking forward to it, but at least I have BD 2 the next day, thank God!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I went to bed after eating after work, and I only got up about a half hour ago.

I have some great news, but I wanna save it for last.

But first, some comments.

Songbird, Caryn and Susie, and well, everyone :): I guess that my protectiveness of Kristen and Rob comes from both the sweet and a-holey sides of me. The sweet side is that I want to support them, but the a-holey side comes in when I see them basically slandered and libeled in the media in all but the strictly legal term. So much unwarranted hate has been thrown their way, and I think that it's BS and no person should be treated like that.

I was treated like crap in High School, and it shocks me how it seems that so many people with R&K haven't seemingly out grown that mental state. So I know what they're going through, except for them it's worse and on a larger scale.

I have to be honest, between being bullied in school and seeing what goes on the in the world, I can't help but to have a negative opinion of the human race at times. And then we've had things like Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Soviet Russia, and stuff like Kosovo and Afghanistan and 9/11 that show me that we didn't learn from stuff such as World War II and people keep making the same errors and have the same petty prejudices.

Not saying that's what I'm seeing with K&R, but it's still petty and based most of the time on misinformation and hatred and jealousy of them.

Even today in London, in sort of a repeat of last year, someone was making threats to Kristen, but this time, this woman didn't survive to curse out K like last year. Someone on Twitter informed London Police, and the woman was taken away from the site. That's sort of pathetic, not just for someone to threaten Kristen, but any actor or actress for any reason. What wrong did Kristen personally do to this woman.

I know where Songbird is coming from, but the fact is that I'm sort of unhappy with the state of the human race, not just because Kristen and Rob are unjustly treated this way, but tons of people are. Overall, it's unfair and to me extremely annoying, considering that I was a victim of bullying in school, and that's all this is, bullying, and Rob called people out on it in the past. But if certain people won't listen to him, then I guess that they won't listen to anyone, which leads to threats of violence against those people eventually. I'll tell you that sometimes that I think that the paps need to have the crap punched and kicked out of them for what they do and how they do it. However, when it comes to threats of gun violence, and threats of people using things like pipe bombs, Molotov cocktails, nail bombs and other improvised explosive devices against people, no matter the reason, is for the most part excessive. Only corrupt military dictators deserve such threats or actions IMO, not someone one doesn't like, let alone innocent people, because innocent people always get hurt when things get to that extreme, and that pisses me off even more. When threats involving firearms and explosives get involved, I don't have much to say aside from it's extremism and extreme stupidity, and considering that I'm pro gun, that's saying something.

Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting--and I am--but this is something that's annoyed me for a very long time. The tabloids have annoyed me forever--I'm also a Cher fan so I know how that goes--and how people can be so mean-spirited to people who they don't even really know is to me banal, ignorant, asinine, and, above all else, stupid. That's all I can say, and sometimes, there's no cure for stupid with some people. At least here I can go and get some sanity out of this fandom, and even on Twitter or IMDB I can, I just have to be careful of the ignorant bile spewing morons on those sites.

As I said, I can come here and some other places--namely Twilighters Anon.--and find peace and sanity, and in general, I do go to bed happy at night, at least more so than I can remember in a long time, and I'm not as anxious.

And I do agree that Kristen and Rob have handed things very well all things considered. There were people saying that Kristen would buy out her Twilight Saga contract and leave and do indie films. There were even people saying that Rob would kill himself because of the sudden pressure he was being put under. But guess what? Kristen and Rob are still here, and it seems that they're stronger than ever, and they'll be around for a damn long time to come at this rate and will be forces to be reckoned with for years to come. As long as they're happy doing what they're doing--personally or professionally--I'm happy. That's all I've ever wanted for them at the end of the day, and it seems that they each are getting it for the most part. Are their lives perfect? Hell no, but guess what? No one's life is perfect. We can only do the best we can with what we have, and they're managing and thriving, and so am I (see below near the bottom of this message).

Caryn: Bill Condon telling us the end and it slipping under your and our noses? LOL It slipped me, too, big time :lol: But he and Kristen were dropping hints while not spoiling it for us. K said that the twist to the ending was rooted in BD2's text, and I guess that Bill was dropping well disguised hints, too.

And I agree with you on this. When I see BD2 (I still haven't seen BD1, but I promise you I'll try and see it soon--also see below), I'll probably love it for what it is. That's the thing with the Twilight films. There are things about them that I don't like (many of you know my opinions and how Slade eff'd up Eclipse for us for one example), but on the whole, seeing Stephanie's stories come to life on screen has been a privilege. Seeing Kristen and Rob give their best to give life to Bella and Edward has been a huge privilege, too, and they know that it was a privilege to be part of this fandom we have.

And a quick question--are you a transplanted Briton LOL :) ? I'm familiar with the word knackered from Top Gear and Truth in 24, because TG is a British TV show and Truth in 24 was a film made by Audi, who one of the chief engineers on the team is British (actually, that's true of most of their team's engineers). But then again, Rob's British and there's nothing wrong with channeling Britishisms, because the UK seems like a cool place. Not my number one place I'd want to visit--Holland is at the top of that list--but it's in the top 3 or 4 for damn sure, and I like British aircraft, British cars, and the culture over there. And James May is my second favorite Briton, next, of course, to Rob Pattinson :) Adele, David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Brian May (no relation to James), Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson are also high on that list.

Susie: Glad that you think that it's sweet of me that I stand up for Kristen and Rob and defend them a lot, but when I see people being a-holes, it does sort of make me into one and it's frustrating seeing people crap on them for the most unjust and bizarre reasons. But at least they seem to take most of it in stride and as part of their job--a part of their job that shouldn't be there IMO, but they take the good with the bad. I've started to learn to do that better for myself.

Ann Marie: You didn't fail us! :) You were there and it seems that for the most part you had fun, which is all that matters. And you're a lot braver than I am IMO--I shy away from crowds, which, combined with cost, is why I shy away from movie theaters in general. I certainly wouldn't have a good time being in a huge crowd and hanging out in the cold. That's dedication to the fandom right there :) I happy that you had a good time there it seems, and the important thing there is that you were there and had fun.

BD2 London stuff: I think that Kristen's pantsuit would be less offensive than her LA dress--it was sheer again, but everything was backed so you couldn't see much. Still unconventional, since it was a pantsuit and everyone seemingly expected a Balencigia dress, but she pulled it off and I wasn't expecting her to wear that. But it was still sexy, but stayed more inline with the Sophia Loren quote of "sex appeal is 50% what you got and 50% what they think you got. And you couldn't see her underwear this time because everything was backed where it was sheer, at least in important areas.

And Rob's suit is a bit more my thing--not that the LA green Gucci was bad--it was great, but it's left me thinking "Jaguar and Aston Martin" every time I see it because the color reminds me of British Racing Green, which is a popular color on Jags and Astons, and are both company's traditional racing colors. Only piss off is that I don't have the money for a Jag or an Aston. Well, I do, in the form of a scale model LOL. But the blue and the grey is a very relaxing color scheme. Kristen was dark and intense, while Rob was dark and cool and relaxed with the scheme of things, and they both IMO worked.

I also even liked Taylor's get up. Again, a cool, relaxing color scheme--sort of flip-floped from Rob's in both color and shade, and I think that Rob would've worked it, too :) And IMO, dark colors suit Kristen and Rob, but both can wear damn near anything and make it work in their favor. They have that "thing" about them that makes it all work.

And they all looked confident and happy, and that, again, to me is very important and sort of sets the tone of things IMO.

Everyone: I'll be catching Kristen on Conan tonight. That marks the last major promo appearance of one of the main cast members for BD2, though it was taped when Kristen was in LA for the event there on Monday, so it won't be live since she's in London, or, more likely, in Madrid as I'm writing this. Other than that, I don't have many plans. Tomorrow, I have to get some stuff for Thanksgiving dinner at Walmart and my groceries, too. For tonight, depending on how things work out, I might start on Chapter 1 on of my new story, or I might just play some VGs tonight to relax. I do think that I need to have a bit of relaxation to take in the news I got today--see the next paragraphs :)

On top of BD2 London stuff and Conan tonight marking the end of BD2 promo in North America, I have some major news about myself.

Guess who, in a couple of weeks time, will be a few thousand dollars richer? Me! LOL!

I'll be getting Social Security payments of $480 a month, and a back payment of between $3500-4000 after SSA takes out what I need to pay back for a few things.

So needless to say, I'm pretty happy right now :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

I'm recovering from last night's viewing. It was exciting to go to a midnight screening, that's for sure! I'll be posting my youtube review shortly. I have also put a review in the 'I'm in the middle about BD Pt 2' section, because I am in the middle about it. It's full of spoilers, though, so don't look if you don't want to know what happened.

Sean - that's great news!

Welcome, skatepixie!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Since it is still Hump Day, I'll post the following from the London premiere for my contribution :

I must admit that I'm a bit of a traditionalist because I sure do love Burberry Rob!

Speaking of the Premiere, What did you think of Kristen's black ensemble? Seriously, I usually love continuity, but another see-through outfit?

I think 7 HH Sisters have seen the movie already: Raine, Lynne, Karena, Marielle, Suzan, Susan, and Paula.

I'll be seeing it at 10 pm Central Time tomorrow.
Is that when the other U.S. girls are seeing it? It's not really a midnight show anymore, is it?

Lynne - You sound very cerebral compared to the other reactions we've had so far! I'll have to wait a couple of days to read your review. Sorry you didn't absolutely love it. Perhaps it will grow on you?

Sean - Congrats on your windfall. Are you going to put it in savings?

Sarah - Oh, I get it now! Duh. You probably explained the CLEP test when you first started posting but I was MIA. Well, that explains why you have to study so much! You're working on your Early Childhood degree, right?

Jaclyn - I was pleasantly surprised that I liked NM more than I thought I would this go around. I think artistically, it was very unified, and at least the hair was still OK then (except Jasper's!)

OK, Nighty Night!

p.s. I get extra credit for posting twice in one day! ;)

EDIT: Stop the presses! I see MissP a/k/a Tonise is online! :clap:
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Siblings!!
Hi, SUSIE!! :wave:
I'm doing some lurking trying to see whatever spoilers I can before tomorrow night!
I am soooooo excited!!
I can't wait until we've all seen it and can discuss it openly.
I'll try and come back soon. Maybe not tomorrow night, though.
Due to my sickness this week, I had to take an extra day off, so I decided to work Friday instead of sleep. So, I'll be forcing my self to come home after the premier tomorrow night and go to bed.
Speaking of bed... It's time to take some meds and head there now. Y'all have a great day tomorrow!
I'll be doing the marathon! *SQUEEEE!*
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Susie: I actually thought that K's pantsuit was a lot more "conservative" than the LA dress--aside from her arms, midriff, back and parts of her legs, it seemed that everything was opaque or backed with skin-colored chiffon. At least we didn't see her underwear this time. However, I do have to say that it was a bit busy like the SWATH London dress and it seems to be a "love it or hate it" deal among her fans again, who want to see Balencigia, simpler dresses, and even a red one! LOL. I do have to say with the sheer fabric in certain areas and the exposed back, it certainly wasn't warm.

I can only put so much of it in my own savings account due to trying to keep certain benefits. So we have to figure out what to do with $2000-2500 of it, along with my monthly $480.

I'm off to get ready to watch Conan and then I'll be back and figure out what I want to do the rest of tonight.

I'll be back soon.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

dazzel21 wrote:Raine's lesson for the day: "YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN GONE FROM THE LEX FOR QUITE SOME TIME IF YOU START LOOKING FOR THE "LIKE" BUTTON" :lol:
-Raine
That was so funny! I was looking for the Like button as I was reading this. HaHa

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Susie - I think it will grow on me, yes. When I first saw New Moon I thought that was rushed, too, but now that I'm used to it, it's quite enjoyable. And I'm not saying that I don't want to see it again. I'm already planning when I can go back and see it. So it wasn't so bad that I don't want to see it twice.