Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by vampirelover109 »

Wow I think I've managed to gather my thought s enough to process BD Part 2

It was epic,breathtaking sheer cinematic perfection I know certain things they had to cut down like the imprinting relationship between Renesme and such but I think it was a fantastic job to me it was perfect from start to finish I was in awe and on the edge of the seat I loved Bella on her first hunt and Bella being equal to Edward in that moment everything the saga have given us you know that they were born for each other,the cottage scene pure perfection it was sweet,romantic,beautiful I just loved Bella attacking Jacob for Imprinting on Renesme and Edwards reaction just made me swoon and melted my heart the Battle Scene Wow the whole cinema just screamed when poor Carlisle lost his head people were crying including me I was praying it was one of Alice's Visions that whole scene just was incredible left me breathless then end just stole my heart I loved seeing Edward Happy and playful with Bella and daddyward just stopped my heart dead in its tracks

I wasn't dissPointed in the slightest I would of liked more scenes between Edward and Bella In the Cottage but BC done a amazing job I am so thankful to him for taking this project on and giving it the love,care and attention it deserves

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Amanda Beth, yeah I loved the 'Can I call you Dad?' bit too!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'all!! I'm just dropping in for a split second to say hello and OMEdwardJacobandBella HOW I LOVE THIS MOVIE!
I am still processing and literally not able to form coherent comments even after the second viewing. MAYBE after the third today. :D

HELP!!! I know we need to correct the Sibling list, but I have not been around in so long due to RL stuff that I need a
specific list of who to add.
PM me or leave me a post here SOMEONE, please.
I need sceen name AND RL name. 8-)

Ok...I really have to fit some study time in this morning before getting ready to leave for the third BD2 viewing today.
Then, I have a singles gathering with my 35PLUS group tonight. BUSY day!

Y'all have a great Saturday!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Ok... So, I've seen it twice and I LOVE IT! But, I'm still processing! I just can't form coherent thoughts about it all yet.
I have to say... CARYN pretty much nailed most of how I feel with the exception of her taking MR off the plane crash list. :lol:

I do have on itsy bitsy dislike that nags at me a bit. I really don't like the JJenks actor choice. He's all wrong according to the
description in the book, and he didn't act intimidated or fearful of the Cullens at all.

The Battle Scene... Not. Ready. Yet. to discuss it. CARYN is sooooo right! I will NEVER be able to watch that sequence without having a coronary!

I'll be back after my third viewing today if I have time. I'll definitely be watching the campfire scene a lot closer today. I haven't caught the "hilarious item" yet. ;)
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Since I didn't have time or my notes the other day when posting:

Welcome to Sarah and Rose! :wave: Welcome back Mel and Brienna!

I'm sure Tonise will put me back on the siblings list soon.

We’ve been watching the movies on TV at home this week. They are showing on one of the stations…of course there are commercials and they are at the most inconvenient times but at least I can see them without hunting out my DVD copies. I know where my BD 1 DVD is but the others I think I put at least one copy in the RV to take on the road with us camping. I recorded almost all of the talk shows so I could catch up but I couldn’t watch any of them until the end of the week because every day the husband had something we had to do. There are never enough hours in the day and I spend way too much time at work. I’m going to have to really consider changing my work process so I can get out of here at a decent time. I think that since I get to work at 7:15-:30 I should leave no later than 4 since I normally don’t take much of a lunch break. I’ve been staying until almost 5 for almost the last three years because we’ve had more and more added to our workload. But our boss recently took another position with the company and the one who replaced him is not near so demanding. I may even have time for bathroom breaks again! ;)

The oldest has been busy studying for the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) test so we’ve not been able to spend much time on our TV shows. We’re still working on season 3 of Supernatural and of course, Vampire Diaries every week now that we’re caught up. Commercials are really aggravating...I’m considering asking the cable provider to work on a “skip commercial” button for future remote designs. Of course the oldest says that can’t work because none of the commercials are the same length, but I think it can be done if they want to. Granted, some people enjoy the commercials but come on…if I can pause, rewind and record live television surely the can devise a way to skip over the pesky commercials if you want to. :rant: /hop off my soapbox now
Now, where was I? Oh yeah….the ASVAB. Has anyone on here seen or taken this test? He’s having issues with the math section and after seeing just two of the questions, I can understand why. There are 25 questions/math problems and he has 24 minutes to complete them. Of the two I saw, I can’t do either of them in 3 minutes much less under one minute. Understandably he’s getting more frustrated and they want him to get the score up and sign next month, December, so he’ll be off to boot camp by July. If he doesn’t sign before he’s 18 his job field gets smaller and he’ll have to wait longer to go.
The youngest, which moved with their mother back in the summer, has only been able to come up once or twice since school started. He’s miserable. He says there’s nothing to do down there and he misses everyone here. I’m sure we’ll be in court next year if he decides to stay here with us because the older one will be aged out and she won’t want to lose that child support money. I’m glad he went down because he has had an experience his brother did not get, living away from your hometown for any length of time, but I hate that he’s miserable and wish she would have waited to move. We won’t see him at Thanksgiving because the family is all going down there so I’m hoping he’ll get to stay more than a day at Christmas.

I am feeling SO much better since I went off the Welbutrin. I still have some anxiety attacks and occasionally sadness but nothing like it's been for the last year. I have never had that many anxiety attacks in a day and for weeks at a time. I felt emotionally raw almost every night and the poor husband put up with me. Serious mood swings.

On to my posts. I realize I went back quite a ways but it seemed like I kept missing important stuff so bear with me.

Caryn it sounds like you’ve been very busy. I hope you enjoy your day at the movies. I think you posted on FB that you were in a meeting before you left for the marathon. I’m sure you meant physically because mentally you were already halfway to Forks. :lol: I am going to buy the soundtrack as well. I have my playlist “Twilight Favorites” playing most days. I also have the soundtracks to all three LOtR movies and a couple other bands I like. I need to update my list but who has time. I love the fact that listening to the Twilight songs, any of them, I can picture in my mind what was happening in the movie and relive it every time.
UPDATED after seeing BD2: I'm glad they used a lot of the same music in this one. It takes me back to the beginning of the whole saga and is great music. Carter Burwell is a wonderful composer.
Yes, MR redeemed herself a tiny bit in BD2. I stress tiny because I put most of the credit to SM and BC being so involved in BD. I loved all of their characters in this one. Finally, they are acting the parts! Jacob is annoying but does not overshadow Edward and Bella's love. Edward is protective and fierce and beautiful. Bella is no longer being mean to Edward and that in itself is A+ in my book.
So my post from FB stands: MR can be moved to the crash site. Instead of living the terror of the plane going down she's on the ground and wondering through the wreckage. Jacob's off to one side and is shouting to her to watch out for the still running engine of the plane. She can't hear him though since it is SO loud and so as she walking towards him to hear him better walks right in front of the engine and WHAM! sucked in and vaporized! Quick, painless, and dynamic elimination instead of the long drawn out, excrutiating carnage I had foreseen for her destruction. ;)

Marielle I am so happy you guys got the house and things seem to be moving along smoothly. Didn’t you mention something about getting a cat recently…well, may not be recent now…but not too long ago….
I had to physically force myself to put my phone down and stop reading your post on here (with spoilers) because even though I want to know, I don’t want to know. You know? Hahaha…anyway. I enjoyed what I read so far and I’m glad everyone is happy about it.
Update after seeing BD2: OMG! I know what you mean now. I'll head to the *spoiler* site shortly.

Tracy your multiple posts were very funny, though I’m sure it’s annoying. I’ve done that on FB many times and through my phone, it doesn’t always let me delete. I’ve posted on here a few times through the phone but it didn’t actually get posted…or was put into another thread. Hmmm….hope I didn’t put anything in it for HH eyes only….

Lynne it sounds like your book is coming along great! I love reading your posts on FB and some of the pictures you post are just wonderful. What was the movie you were talking about? I didn’t recognize the name…and you said it was about your family?

Sean I did see the mob scene after the race last weekend and heard about the fine. Being in the South, it’s difficult to escape any NASCAR news. But you see what happens when you give rednecks money. ;)

Sarah, I want to know what a Jamba Juice is…I read that and thought…that sound vaguely tropical and with caffeine. May be right up my alley except I don't know where you live and that may not be available where I am, in NC. Did you get your kitty?

Songbird I do hope you’re feeling better by now from your cough. I swear I had a sore throat and sinus drainage so much last year I even lost my voice for a couple of days. The husband made fun of me the whole time, while he wasn’t taking care of me, and anytime I said anything he’d say “Don’t listen to her, it’s the booze talking”. I was heating honey, lemon juice and bourbon and drinking it for two weeks. It helped but after a while I’m really wishing for soda water or anything to drink that’s not so sweet.
Okay...the spider deal. OH HELL NO! I would have been in the shower a few minutes after that incident. Even with the husband and boys laughing at me and making fun. I have had that happen before and I can't see to make him understand why it bothers me. I get the "creepy crawlys" and it feels like I've got them crawling all over. Mosquitos :shock: , spiders :fright: , ticks :worried: (I'm outta here). Here's the thing with me though, I don't like killing bugs, of any kind. I did a bug collection when I was in 5th grade for school and it's freaked me out ever since. I always imagine I can hear their tiny screams as their lives are snuffed out so it's actually just me being weird and probably a little neurotic. Usually anything that I come across I try to avoid killing.

Happy Birthday Susie!

Going to have to throw this post up so I don't get too far behind. I'll post again. Hope everyone enjoys Part 2 whenever you get to see it!
Grayce
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

I have some random thoughts from the comments.

First of all, I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm seeing it Sunday, tomorrow.

Second, I love spoilers. That's why I'm here. This doesn't ruin it for me. I'll have popcorn and a Cherry Coke when I see it, I'll be OK.

Big Question: Would you rather have seen a true canon adaptation or this?

I'll give the answer for you. You wanted THIS!

The book ending works for the book, and the movie ending works for the movie.

There was never any compelling reason for a canon adaptation of the last part of Breaking Dawn. That is no slam on the book, AT ALL, it's just one of those rare instances where the book text works only for the book. And, BD the book was never advertised as culminating in a big fight.

The movie ending didn't give that twist because the book itself was flawed. The book was fine. A pure canon movie confrontation, though, would have been disappointing, even for canon lovers. They would have looked back on the book and thought the book was lame as a sudden realization. That would have been wrong, but it would have happened. I give this decision the value of about $1,000,000,000 over the next 10 to 20 years.

For the life of me I could never figure out how to make the fight real without having real deaths for key characters. I also could never figure out how to pull off a true canon confrontation.

You simply CAN NOT advertise the biggest vampire battle in the history of filmdom and then have everyone just walk away. Canon purity would have destroyed this series. I'm a purist myself, but not for BD2.

Bella's shield? Canon gives such importance to the shield that it is a major deciding factor for Aro to call everything off. It makes the shield of such importance that Bella cannot fight, she must simply be protected. A canon Bella shield means that movie Bella would not engage in fighting. I didn't see that one coming, good call though. If Bella is going to fight, then she cannot be a critical strategic asset that must be protected, therefore reduce the importance of her shield if she is going to fight. Fight or Shield, it's one or the other. Better be...Gryffindor!!!!

As for Bella and Charlie, that one is easy. In an ideal world their reunion should have been private. This is a father and daughter. Charlie thought he was going to lose Bella. Bella thought she might never see her own father again and would have to support a lie that she had died. Whoever made that decision to give them privacy sounds like they made the right choice. I'm glad I was given a heads up on this change, I also probably would have been focused on the canon. So, they decided to pitch canon entirely. That only works, though, if you fully exploit that father and daughter scene. I'll have to see it myself, but I can't imagine it wasn't great.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Yeah I can totally see how quiet the scene would've been if they'd just stuck to the book. During the parts where people were walking across the field it seemed to take forever and it just wouldn't have worked...still, it was so terrifying when I thought it was real!

corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

My wife just called, the early showing was sold out so she's seeing it at 12:30.

With her best girl friend. Her best guy friend, moi, apparently doesn't rank as high.

I'm ordering tickets for tomorrow. I'm an Edward, not a Jacob.

Marielle, is it OK NOW if I talk about the freaking trailers????!!!!!

Sheesh. These Dutch chicks are so Euro-sensitive.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Grayce- I totally know what you mean about the bugs..I freak out when I see them, especially in the shower! Jamba Juice is a smoothie place here that is fairly healthy and super yummy! I live in Washington state :)

I took the ASVAB in high school and I don't remember the math section very well..though I am currently struggling through college Algebra so that's probably why. Yuck.

Hubby and I decided to wait on the kitten until after the holidays because its just too chaotic around here not to mention the pet deposit fee at our apartment is ridiculous.

Today is the 3rd promo weekend in a row and hopefully won't be too bad :) I generally like working them until people get mean.

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody,

Just some of my replies to your thought here.

Austin, to answer your question first. I don’t know if I prefer this to a true canon story. I wish they had stayed closer to the book in the first half of the movie. It would have been better true to the canon… but the things they added to the canon (essentially they kept close to the canon) where things I could have seen being written in the book. They were that good…

Amanda, I think they kept the imprinting thing to a minimum because it’s just too hard to sell to the non-reading fans. I think that is the majority of the fanbase. Also because in the US they are too sensitive about anything sexual or male/female relationships. They are too afraid of the public reaction… where a fighting scene with deaths like in the movie is totally okay with the public… (how strange…)

Caryn, did you agree with me that I didn’t want to spoil the fighting sequence and the end of it with you? I didn’t want to rob you of that experience like that. I think people should experience it the first time to appreciate it all.
I agree that the fighting doesn’t gets easier to watch… I only saw the whole thing the first time after that I looked away with Carlisle and Jasper…
I knew you would see things completely different than me. I never thought about the Carlisle/Edward scene as THE SCENE… I really loved that bit and it made up for cutting out THE TALK between Edward and Carlisle in BD1 but to me THE SCENE was the cottage scene after Bella puts Renesmee to bed…

I really loved Garret but Benjamin was the best cast vampire… also I fell in love with Alistor… he was so good…I did however liked the introduction of Garret… Emmett and Garret are one hell of a team…

Please do tell what I missed at the camp fire?

Sarah, I agree that the shield and Alec’s mist weren’t what they should have been. I had imagined it differently…but than again I couldn’t describe it.

I read every comment you all made but right now I don’t have the time to react to it all… maybe later this weekend…

I has one comment/question I want to leave here…

Is Benjamin the only vampire that really can’t be killed???
At the campfire you can see that he can control fire. It sticks to his fingers… I was in the understanding that a vampire would burn instantly when touched by fire. (throwing the immortal child into the fire proves that)… so how does one destroy Benjamin?

Alright F1 Quali is on… see you all later…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house