Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Ever since I figured out how easy it is to access the Lex on my phone, I've been on here way more than I should be lol! Hubby is watching some fire fighting drama that looked a bit scary/graphic so I'm hiring out in the bedroom watching Friends and playing on Pinterest. Hope everyone is having a good weekend and enjoying their multiple viewings of the movie :) I have no idea when I'll be seeing it again but hopefully soon :)

Hang in there with the storms Lynne and Tonsie the soundtrack is good, isn't it? :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by Amanda Beth »

Yeah, that was Leah, but I'm pretty sure Seth died too.

Ugh, talking about it makes my heart hurt.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Sarah~ Yes the lex did make it more accessible on the mobile. In regards to the soundtrack and the score I never purchased them before even though I always like them. To much to buy everything all at once. I am looking to buy them on Ebay.

Speaking of merchandise have they released any new merchandise for this film. I haven't seen any.
Banner by TammyAZ
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

My quick review. I will have to catch up on reading your reviews another night - RL caught up and smacked me in the face right after the marathon.

First off, I have to say that doing the marathon was a new experience for me. I had never seen Twilight or New Moon on the big screen, and I had never seen them all back to back and continued paying good attention throughout. There were a lot of details in Twilight that were not big enough for me to clearly see on the small screen (mostly Nikki), and I really enjoyed that. It was also a nice way to compare direction style, since that was the big difference between movies. I'm sure David Slade is a very nice man and a good director for many things .... But as I said on FB, I finally viscerally get Caryn's objection to TGDS (did I get that right?). All of Eclipse was very OOC considering they were doing a canon interpretation of the book, and the wrongness of it really peaks at the kiss (the closing speech is a final flutter in comparison).

We were very lucky in the theater Lulu picked. It was only about 10% full, but the one she usually goes to was sold out the week before and had people camping out for good seats. Everybody was very fannish and cool. I think we were the biggest group but I didn't check too closely. We were also probably the loudest group **blush** and led the cheers for Robward. Most everybody else were Jacob fans, I think, and one person called us haters once, but generally we got along, and most people were pretty quiet for most of BD2. Silly people cheered Jacob stripping and we lost a couple of Taylor's lines.

So I really really liked the intro. It took me a couple minutes to get the symbolism of the font change and the frost and everything. I noticed that some of the imagery reminded me of the tulip from the NM cover. It was a wonderful intro, but a leetle too long. It could have been two-thirds the length and been perfect. I liked how it led into Bella opening her eyes. All the cinematography was great but I really liked the way that they showed us how Bella perceives things now, as a vampire. I don't know how they got that kind of crystalline sharpness and brightness to things, but it worked for me. I wish that they hadn't had to cut through and change so much of the beginning. I missed everyone being there, and Alice getting the mirror, and Bella asking about her red eyes, and being more startled and disturbed by her image than pleased by it. Everyone in the theater sounded like they missed the jump from the window and throwing the heels back to Alice. But I loved the hunt, especially her interaction with the mountain lion (I know it was a pillow, but it was great). I was tickled that they tossed the fans a bone - didja notice that her dress was split up one side when they came back? It's a shame, but I always knew they couldn't actually show us her dress soaked in blood and ripped to shreds.

I thought the introduction to Renesmee was well done. The interaction around smelling Jacob could've been improved, but the line about them looking good together was surprising good because it was such a complete departure, and Nikki really made the moment shine with her enthusiasm to get Jacob in trouble. I thought Kris and Taylor really nailed the throwing-Jacob-around scene, especially the line about Nessie's nickname and how she realized that she was now capable of killing a wolf, and really needed to rein it in. I adored Robward here, and how he just played up the I-don't-really-care-about-Jacob-right-now part slightly. Cuz really, who wouldn't be mad? The scene with Charlie was rushed but good, and same for the arm-wrestling with Emmett. Really, I understand the need to rush, I just regret it. I loved the cottage (is there anyone who didn't love the cottage?) and the vampire sex was about perfect.

Yeah, all the plot building was great too. Not gonna detail it. Luffs to Rami Malek and Lee Pace. But my first big objection to the last half of the movie was Rami/Benjamin lighting his hands on fire and starting a campfire. I see how it provided a nice focal point and helped the wolves relate to the vampires and do pep rally talking rather than "we're all going to die" talking. But I just feel strongly about vampires and fire. Fire seems to permanently damage them. Humans heal from burns, but not vamps, and I don't think they would take the risk of being partially burned for an indefinite period of time. Just seems like a silly risk. The visual representation of Bella's shield was as good as it could be, I think. I think of it as a bit more like a soap bubble, but this was more dramatic.

When we got to The Scene I was a bit perplexed that Alice and Jasper came in by themselves without Huilan and Nahuel at first. Now it makes sense ... after 24 hours of thinking about it. But at first I was confused. Then Alice's line to Jasper makes perfect sense, and Aro's reaction, and Carlisle's reaction to Aro, and Aro's reaction to Carlisle almost made complete sense. But when they started to burn his head (it hurts to write that) I started to suspend belief and just cross my arms and stare at the screen. When Jasper was killed I was almost sure, because I don't see Alice ever putting Jasper in danger. But when Leah went into the crack in the earth, I was sure, because it interviews somebody talked about extending Leah's storyline as the most promising. So when Bella and Edward teamed up to tackle Aro, I pretty well knew it wasn't happening and could enjoy. The whole think was a great battle scene. But I was happy when it stopped. Then it made sense for Alice to say her new line, and introduce Huilen and Nahuel, to give Aro time to consider and make the right choice and leave them alone.

There were three endings that I loved: Alice's vision of Edward and Bella meeting Jacob and a full-grown Nessie next to a river. Bella showing Edward her memories was WONDERFUL - expected, yes, not passionate enough, but beyond beautiful. And the credits closing with all the Twilight vampires including Rachelle LeFevre was beyond wonderful. It really was a gift to the fans this time. Thank you Bill Condon!

No review would be complete without mention of Robward and Dadward. I thought that Edward was written and acted closer to the book this time, and I really appreciated that. Edward has been sufficiently emasculated that he really needed a bit of a boost, and this movie certainly gave him that, with his loving relationships with his family, his refusal to let Jacob get the best of him now, and his new assertiveness. We still got angsty brooding Edward especially when he blamed himself for everything because he fell in love with a human, and I don't think Edward will ever completely lose the angstiness. But the smiling and joking and interaction with Renesmee communicated more clearly than anything ever how generally happy Edward is in this new phase of his existence, with the large family he never had in his first life, and now his mate and child as well. There was even a sense that there was some comfort in having Jacob imprint on Renesmee, in that he knows that Renesmee will never lack for a committed person in her life. She will not go through lonely centuries. Jacob will always be what she needs, friend or lover or whatever. I felt that the movie communicated Edward better than BD Book 3 (the book) did, because I never felt that Steph edited that sufficiently. And I attribute everything that I liked about Edward to Rob. Really. I think the bits we were hearing for a few years about Edward's disempowerment and how he wouldn't do certain things, and Rob's determination to stand up for his character finally came to a point. I hope that Steph had something to do with it, that being a sign that she still loves Edward, but I'm sure Rob had a lot to do with it.

Might be the best movie of all.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi, everyone! There certainly has been a lot more activity here! I’m gone for one day to my in-laws' and come back and there are several pages! Way to go, sibs!
Today Sinterklaas came to our neighborhood...poor Bug is so sick. Daddy told her she could go for a little bit because the kids have been looking forward to this for weeks. So we went for about a half hour and now she is cuddled up next to me, sound asleep.

Suzanne, I was going to ask you how your presentation went. Sounds like it went well!

Mel, nice to meet you! My son is almost 5...he’s in his second year of school and it’s so nice to have a bit more time to get things done...and grocery shopping alone is so much easier!!! I hope we’ll see you around here more often!
Oh no!! Not man-flu!! Is it your hubs who is sick?

Lynne, I’m with you! I’m so jealous! I’ve only seen it once and I plan on seeing it with hubs in a couple of weeks for my birthday, but that will be it until the DVD comes out!

Sarah, Yay, glad you liked it! Looks like most of our siblings have seen it now...it’s so nice seeing everyone else’s thoughts. I can’t wait until Hubs sees it so we can talk about it!! I haven’t told him anything.
Wow...I am going to have to go back and watch those episodes again! I would never have guessed it was him. And yeah, I didn’t understand why they brought Max back so shortly...I mean, I loved Max, but I didn’t really get why he came back as he did.
Sounds like a good compromise...you being here and hubby watching his show.

Jaclyn, 3 times already and you’re going again Monday!!? No fair! I am so jealous!

Sean, I’m sorry about your mom’s job. I didn’t know she worked at a hostess store. I hope they find a buyer or that she finds a new job soon. I have always really loved the Suzie Q cakes...they are my favorite...I don’t get how the company is going through bankruptcy.
I can understand not liking the crowds...that always sucks because there are always stupid people who talk through the movie, or are playing on a cell phone, etc...but I am one of those people where some movies just HAVE to be seen on the big screen. Harry Potter and Twilight movies among them. RomComs I’ll usually wait until they come out on video...and like...Perfect Pitch I think it’s called...I want to see it, but I can wait until it comes out on dvd. But I was NOT going to miss the last Twilight movie on the big screen!! And I always cheat and bring snacks because the cost of them at the theater is always INSANE! But if you don’t like sitting in a theater, then I hope the wait to DVD isn’t too long!
How did the Dutch sisters start spoiling? The only thing any of us said was that we couldn’t say anything because it would spoil you, but that it was amazing.

Susie, that sounds like a classy theater!! There are apparently theaters here that serve dinner, but I’ve never been to one.
I was actually thinking about that very thing...when Bug will read the Twilight books. I think it will be a while, though. While she’s a very good reader, she’s very...young I guess when it comes to subject matter...she gets scared really easily. She’s 6 and we had to leave the theater during the Smurf movie because it was too scary. So I don’t see her being able to handle the James and Victoria plotline for quite a while. I could be wrong...she might mature all at once. But I DO hope that when she does read them, she will love them like her mama does! She sees the trailers now and screams “Twilight!! Mama, you like that!” (it’s so cute because she says it in English and her accent is adorable)
Yay for a new friend!! And one who loves Twilight is even better!

Tonise, thank you for updating the sibling list! I’ll have a list of birthdays for you soon. I’ve got 2 of the 3 new siblings’ but I figured it’s easiest if I only have to give you one list and you don’t have to come back multiple times to change it.

Grayce, I think the reason they can’t make a “skip commercials” option has more to do with money. Companies pay big bucks to advertise during popular shows etc...if they make it an option to skip those advertisements, those companies won’t pay for the advertising and the networks won’t make their big bucks. I’d love that button though.
I think we all had to take the ASVAB in high school...I know it was some military test because they used the results for recruitment. I remember it was really strict, like...we had to use THEIR pencils and scratch paper and you had to turn it all in at the end of the test and they checked to make sure you hadn’t ripped so much as a corner off of the scratch paper. It was crazy...I don’t remember much about the math section...the one I remember was the code breaking because it made ZERO sense to me. Apparently I did well on it because they called me trying to recruit me, but I am SOOOO not military material. I don’t think the recruiter got more than a sentence out before I told him I wasn’t interested....I don’t think I even got to hear my results.
I’m sorry the younger one is so miserable...I think that’s the hardest thing as a parent...watching our kids hurt. Whenever mine are dealing with some difficult issue, it just makes me want to cry. Can he not just decide to come back and live with you? How old is he? I know the laws differ per state, but like...my dad had visitation until we turned 14 and then we could decide whether or not we wanted to continue that...we could say no.
Glad you are feeling better!
My cough is a bit better, but still not gone. But I can’t really complain...last year at this time, I lost my voice for 2 and a half weeks, lost the hearing in one ear for about a month and had to have my adenoids removed...since then, I’ve not gotten NEARLY as sick. Thank goodness.
As for the spider, I couldn’t take a shower...I was at Bug’s swimming lessons. It wasn’t that big of a deal, though I did keep feeling like something was still crawling on me for a while. I try not to kill things either...I always feel so bad when I have to...like there’s a spider crawling in the sink and I have to turn the water on...I try to get them to move with a piece of paper or something, but sometimes it just doesn’t work.

Austin
, Sorry you still haven’t gotten to see it. To what are you referring when you mention us being Euro-sensitive? Did I miss something?

Marielle, that sounds fun...anything that involves chocolate usually is. It sounds about like Crea-doe...all women except for the men who have been dragged along to carry bags. And they all look SUPER bored.

Desiree, I haven’t seen any merchandise either, but then they haven’t really ever had any over here...I buy a calendar every year from Amazon.com. Which reminds me I need to order one for 2013!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Susan~ I need to pick up a calendar as well. I went on Hot Topic to see what they had last night and the one thing I did want that they finally did right was the keychain. In the past the charms represented Edward and Jacob they finally made it only Edward.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCul ... 149534.jsp
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Sorry for not leaving any "good night" posts recently here or at TL, but I've been going to sleep early recently, and I either forget or I'm so tired I don't feel like firing up the laptop again. So I apologize for that.

Songbird: Well, you guys were the first to see it, and you were the first to load up the spoiler thread ;) And then there was Marielle, who tried to keep spoiler free and failed just as badly as the rest of us probably did. Mind you, I don't mind spoilers, but it's been hard for those who want to avoid them to avoid them, especially since they know where to look.

And as far as why that place went out of business, it was incompetent management and a union who's boss wanted to play hardball with said dumba$$ management. As I said, I hope that she finds work soon at a better place than that which has been run into the ground and destroyed a popular brand and cost 33,000 people their jobs.

Everyone: It's early, so I don't have much to say. I hope to be able to write more on my story tonight, but how many times have I said that and not do it, including last night? And to complicate matters, I have to get up early tomorrow, and I need to get some sleep because I also work the next three days before Thanksgiving.

And BTW, BD is my favorite book, because we get to see Bella get married, become a mom, metaphorically kick some a$$, and the Volturi get put in their place (sort of). My list is in this order from most favorite first : BD, NM, Twilight and Eclipse. Just a FYI on that list.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Sean~ Do you live close to your family for Thanksgiving or do you have to travel? We will be heading to Arizona to see my parents for Thanksgiving.

Curious on your order of books what of NM did it make to 2nd on your list? I don't know how I would put mine in order. Each book has parts in it that I really like. Enjoy your weekend and get some rest.
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Desiree- Hot topic has BD 2 merch :) cute stuff too-tees and what not.

Song- maybe to give us closure with the whole Max thing? Since we really never did get a chance to say goodbye to that character since Lorelai ran out on him.

Sean- the whole Hostess situation is frustrating to me since the CEO should've made better choices as well as the union. Ugh. Hard to watch stupidity in action. Sorry to hear about your moms job :(

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Desiree: Probably because it was the least action oriented of the novels--it would be higher if it had more possibly B&E in it instead of Bella and Jacob--and it sets us up for the the showdown in BD, but BD will be my favorite because of the transformation of Bella comes full circle. My mother and father will visit for Thanksgiving, so we already know what our plans will be there :)

Sarah: My mom's not that upset about it--she saw it coming. Her coworkers are upset because while they have to work, my mom got let go on Friday and they see her being let go as being unfair because she's unable to work. But it happens all the time anymore. But the company was mismanaged, the union wanted to pay hardball, and they all came out looking stupid and screwed about 33,000 people, my mom included.

At least I'll be having my Social Security money coming in, but that won't be until around Dec. 1. So that's frustrating, especially as I'm almost out of money as it is and I don't know if I get my pay check this coming Wed, or on the Monday after this one. I know that it'll all sort out, but it's pretty frustrating even with all of that.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/