Hi all! I will always come home, no matter how long it takes. Here are a few saved gifties (Austin and Sean may look away):
That's PG-13, right? He's dressed ... more than Kris was in LA, anyway.
And some links
I posted my marathon nails on FB but never uploaded the pic to my Photobucket, grr. Pretty simple anyway, one purple flower on each nail.
Empathize with everyone about the end of The-Book-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named (which we name all the time anyway). Tried writing fanfic on it and only finished out the chapter before giving up. Amused myself, at least.
Because someone has been asking here about fanfic: I'm currently reading the following Works-In-Progress: Openhome's Rogue, philadelphic's La Canzone della Bella Cigna, m81170's An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy, giselle-lx's Stregoni Benefici, and Savage7289's Caged. And these are just some of my fave completed works: michellephants's The Vampire in the Basement, KiyaRaven's Grasping Darkness, Openhome's Coalescence, KristenLynn's Last Friday Night, Kharazzmatic's Emancipation Proclamation, hunterhunting's Clipped Wings and Inked Armor, and of course Wide Awake. I'm working on putting Phoebe Ann Lassiter's Twilight: The Missing Pages into pdf format for e-books, but I've been working on that for a few months, in my "free time."
I had a very nice Thanksgiving with family. Kids and I spent nearly 8 hours at mom's house with their little cousins from Phoenix, and we had tons of food all on time and still warm - don't understand how that miracle happened! And no children went to the ER, always a plus. We have a family jinx around that, one year a forehead gash, another year a scorpion, always the excitement. I don't do Black Friday generally, too scary and aggressive. I did a little Thursday evening shopping at my favorite craft store with a great coupon and that was nice, not too crowded, plenty of time to wander and pick. Got some holiday crafts for the kids.
Some of you may remember that hubby boy and I have struggled at times with our relationship the past year or so. I finally put my foot down Wednesday and said, I am going to start seeing this counselor whom I have picked hoping you would feel comfortable enough to join me, but if not then I am going anyway. And so he is coming with me on Monday ... and if this counselor doesn't feel right, we will keep going until we find one who is. Wish us luck! I love him and want to stay married, and I think he feels the same way; we just want to be happier together. More together. I may occasionally talk about it here, if that's ok, as I really don't feel I can talk about it elsewhere.
I skimmed more than 30 pages tonight in about 4 hours and really really tried to limit my megaposting, which I always totally fail at because I gab, gab, gab.Austin
- You are an awesome hubs, and so wonderful of you to take Edward for your role model. Jacob was right - taking the high road is more effective with the chicks. Mostly. Lulu's hubs was with us for the all day marathon, and while Lulu might have felt a bit inhibited (not totally), the rest of us surely made up for it. So loved seeing you write "OMG this is the BEST EVER!!!!" Sometime, Valley speak is the only way to go. So when you finally saw it, your choking up over Leah's supposed death had nothing to do with any attachment to Leah?Beth
- I'm impressed. I've been sentimental since the first time I heard A Thousand Years and it hasn't let up at all. I can't imagine being in control of that emotion.Desiree
- Whoops, that wasn't me saying Jacob wouldn't live forever. Canon Jacob will never age as long as he keeps changing between wolf and man. He can live as long as he wants to. And venom is fatal to the wolves, so changing is not in the cards for him.Lynne
- Save an autographed copy for me! One of my nieces teaches middle school and is cool with the kids, a big reader, and into fantasy to boot. I plan on giving her a copy and if she likes it, she's likely to tell her kids, the school librarian ... etc. Fingers crossed!Marielle
- Sparkly oblong objects
Did you ever see Kayla's image for "Edward's Rolling Pin"? Or the popsicles! ROTFLMAO! Kayla knows, I think, that it is only the lack of R-rated Rob pix that keeps us from posting them!Rose
- Hi! Welcome to the HH! Thank you for sharing yourself with us. So cute that you named your dog Seth, and sweet that you are saving to adopt. I'm Brenda, married with 4 kids in Arizona, working FT now (!) as a psychologist locally. I have loved Twilight since seeing the first movie a little over 2 years ago, and met some absolutely wonderful friends here.Sarah
- Glad that you read Midnight Sun (I read it about 14 times); but please resist the urge to beg Steph. She has publicly asked for people to drop it and the media keeps hounding her, which I think make it only less likely that she will ever finish/publish MS. If you are the praying kind, try praying for the rest of the book. Much more likely to work. Oh, and fairly sure you have me mixed up with someone else ... easy to do around here, especially at first. I have the funny heart avie and sexy siggy (oh those shoulders). I used to type my posts with the list translating screen names to RL names right in front of me, until I memorized most everyone.Sean
- Again, Sean, I'm very sorry for your loss. Treat yourself - use some of your Social Security windfall to go see BD2. Kris on the big screen .... try seeing it during a weekday matinee, its cheaper and fewer people will be there.Songbird
- Sometimes little uns will be toilet trained but struggle later as their bodies grow. I highly recommend waterproof mattress covers - even if you have to mail order them from WalMart. It does feel like Steph is harming all of us (and her mom and sister and even herself) because of one bad apple (or a few) ... but I do understand how she feels. Art is a delicate process and does not handle interruption well. Much like cheesecake!
Big hellos to the many, many sisters I did not mention, including the ones rarely here. I love you all ... but I did try to minimize the megaposting. Hopefully I will be around more frequently and post more often again.