Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Jazz Girl »

*bursts through the door, drops luggage from the long week and drops to her knees to kiss the floor*

Siblings, I'm HOME!!!

Oy, I'm telling you, between numerous BD2 viewings, sickliness, preparations for travel, travel, holidays, more travel... what a few weeks!

First and foremost, I do hope all my American siblings had a good holiday and safe travel. I'm curious about how many people have gotten in how many viewings of BD2. I love the success it's finding and I just so want it to keep rolling over everything. I was so stoked to find out that they did, in fact, do a longer version of the 'futuretake', to steal a term from fanfic and that it will be included on the DVD. That is what I'm looking forward to most, in the absence of cast commentary. The 'extended edition' is going to own me, I'm sure. I just want to see all those goodies we know are out there but that we didn't get.

Anyways, as I was sick and missed a few days last week, in addition to the holiday, I've got to get back to work. I will, however, leave you with a goodie, because, really, how can I not?

My favorite moment of BD2 Promo... Boyfriend is KILLING IT in that sweater.

LUFFS!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just a quickie to welcome back:

Marielle, gone a couple of days,

Caryn, gone several days, and

Fi gone for I don't know how long!
WELCOME BACK! I have missed you so much here and on facebook.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Everyone, my wife is feeling better but still feeling draggy. At least her appetite returned.

Sean, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Unfortunately, family members trying to profit off of a loss is an old, old story. My wife's first husband was tragically killed in a car accident (he was in the service and on leave, and the driver fell asleep). His parents sued for loss and suffering, to be set aside for my wife's infant son when he turned 18. Nope, didn't happen, but they found a way to get themselves a nice backyard pool after the lawsuit was settled.

Lynne, you have a PDF of the story? Send it to me, I promise I won't leak it this time like when I...uh, nevermind. Forget I said anything.

Caryn, I've only seen the movie once. With the kind of numbers they are posting I'm sure there are tons of repeats. The global take is amazing, I believe they are outpacing all of the prior TW movies for overseas earnings.

Weren't we once all worried about how this movie was going to do at the boxoffice?

Tracy, I can't believe you hit a deer. That can be extremely dangerous. My family has had bad experiences hitting moose up in Alaska, and that would generally total the car.

Amanda Beth, so you would like to DATE Rob? Is that the right word, or is this HH-speak?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Argh, I wrote out a post and lost it. I know I'm going to forget stuff.

So I'm trying to connect usernames with names...corona, are you Austin? I hope so lol. Either way, yes DATE. No reason to just kick him out in the morning ;)

Jaclyn: I just saw your reply about THG fanfic. Honestly, I've hated every THG fic I've read except for one I can't remember the name to. I wrote an alternate ending to Mockingjay (just click one of the links in my signature and head to my profile) because I HATED how the book ended. Other than that, I found that THG had an ending for me, unlike Twilight, which upon finishing Breaking Dawn I yelled at the book NO, THIS STORY IS NOT DONE. And two fics, 85k and 150k words respectively, were the result.

Re: Black Friday: Did you guys see the Victoria's Secret stampede??? INSANITY. Mob mentality right there...and all for some kind of gift bag. I'll stick to my Cyber Week deals thankyouverymuch.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I quiet day for me, with grocery shopping, editing someone else's book, and getting a blood test. It's really sad that that's my standard 'quiet' day!

Hi there, fi fi! I don't think we've met!

Caryn - good to see you back! I've only managed to see BD Pt 2 twice, and I don't think I'm going to be able to pull off a third viewing, so I'll probably have to wait for the DVD. Sorry to hear you haven't been well.

Austin - so it was YOU WAS IT???? :D No, you can't have my pdf anyway. You'll have to wait to buy a copy! ;)

Amanda Beth - yes, corona is Austin.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Amanda-that's impressive about the fanfics I mean :) And nope, I avoided VS on Black Friday since I really didn't need anything there. It was so weird being out so late and I felt zombie like for a while until the caffeine kicked in!

Tracy-I am SO sorry to hear about your car!! That is crazy, poor you!

Song-My MIL's wasn't that bad, just his brother wouldn't stop making stupid comments about Twilight, which bugged me and he's so socially awkward he doesn't understand when to stop until Jason really stressed it. Jason will get his gift(s) from me on Wednesday, his actual bday, we just tend to spread out his celebration with everyone. Good luck with everything this week, looking forward to hearing how it all went!

Caryn-I've only seen BD2 once..I'm hoping to get another viewing in before the year is out, but who knows. Hubby thinks I shouldn't go alone considering how upset I got at the end and I somehow doubt he'll want to go again! Hope your holiday wemt well!

Skatepixie (it's Ashley, right?)-this was only the second time I've been with hubbz and dog and I went to see my best friend and her dog, the dog I dog-walk during the week, and it was hilarious to see Rolph, our lab, run around and play. He was so tired afterward :) So cute.

Marielle- we don't do huge Christmas..I know some people that go into debt every year for it but I was never raised like that and I usually spread out my spending over several months so we can better afford it :) Plus I absolutely LOVE finding sales and being frugal and it's become a fun tradition with my Mom and I to go out shopping. Growing up, we didn't have a lot of money and never got things 'just because' so Christmas was a big deal in terms of that. Jason and I are still establishing our own traditions as a couple though.

What sort of things do you do in Holland? Good luck moving :) I know how tiring that is, ugh.

Susie-it's fun being able to go on at night, especially when I can't sleep! I used to go out to the couch and watch TV until I fell asleep but now I just go online :)

Quiet day today..just trying to clean the house after the long weekend before work tonight. I'm hoping to wrap Jason's birthday basket (I think I'll shove it in the vacuum closet since it's a big basket!) and get some studying done as well. It's sunny but cold today, which makes me laugh because I automatically think that Edward would have to skip school today ;) :lol:
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sarah: Welcome to the FB group. I hope that you enjoy your time there.

Everyone: I had to call of work today because my brothers wanted to attend the calling hours for my grandma, and I stayed home to watch my other grandma. I'll try and get in touch with my boss at work tomorrow and let her know what's going on, because she was out today.

As for me, I'm holding up fine. I'll probably make a pizza and watch Top Gear later tonight and maybe work on some more fan fic. It was actually fun to be doing something fun that took my mind off of things for a bit.

Oh, and I just got buzzed by a bat in the kitchen! Something similar happened to my little brother last year. This time, one of my mom's cats got the bat before I could get it to go outside. The other bat got let loose last year. But the cat got it before I could.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Susie was right..in comparison with FB, this place is quiet!! It was a steady night at work which I'm always nice and I got some housework done as well. It's funny to see the rest of the world start accepting that Christmas is near, though people are rude when their coupons the way they want to. Oh well :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Sarah: I usually post at both places because I know that some people only post in one place or the other. The FB group is more accessible, but there's something about being able to post here that's special, too.

Everyone: No dramas during calling hours today, which was good. I'll be logging off here for a while to get something to eat and watch some TV, then I'll be back on to write some fan fic.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/