Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Leah and Children

Post by moon sidhe »

Amivera wrote:
And she'll have to do all this before she hits the age where women really do become menopausal.
You only reach menopause if your body actually changes. I could get into the biology of it, but I doubt anybody wants to hear it. Suffice it to say, as long as Leah does not age, no matter how old she technically is, she will physically remain however old she was when she started phasing. Meaning that if and when she decides to stop phasing, she will start at the physical age of 18, or however old she was, and then move on from there.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

leahlovetwilight wrote:yaya
firsties
well,
i think if she stops phasing. because technically, what happens to the baby if she gets pregnant and she phases?
that would be bad.
i think she can, just like the whole aging thing.
yea u think she'll have to stop phasing first
in order to have children
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Amivera wrote:
moon sidhe wrote: Imprinting is about making the strongest possible werewolf, but I don't think it follows that you couldn't go mate with any old random person and not have a kid. It just wouldn't be the strongest possible genetic combination.
I was thinking that for now she's still going to be in the pack, saving everyone. It depends on how long she stays in the pack, and then she needs to learn to master herself and keep from phasing— because extreme anger causes phasing, she'll have to stop that.

And she'll have to do all this before she hits the age where women really do become menopausal.

I just really think she was dealed a bad hand. It was so unfair.

i think that she will saty in the pack now that she likes it. i agree though its not fair on her, but what can we do?
Landiana wrote: i dont know. i don't think that female werewolves can imprint... but then i am not really sure which it is stronger wolf or stronger gene. it is never actually resolved
I agree. I thought there might have been a parallel between the female vampires and the female werewolves: neither can have children.

It's less fair to the— err *shapeshifters*, because they're not dead.
Hmm, it's also not fair to the women. It looks like the males are better off in this book— a lot of the time.
i agree with that. there are a some pararlells and that makes sense. also leah not being able to have children means that there is someone who is outside of the vampire family who can tell rosalies POV. SM had to have some sort of thing to make the reader identify with rosalie as more than just an evil thing who wants Bella dead so that she can have a baby
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

You know, I read this topic and then promptly went to research the breeding seasons of wolves (anything not to finish my economics work. =P) The breeding season for most species of wolves is in winter. So, one can assume they can either prove or disprove the wolf-cycle theory with one question:

Has Leah ever been a shapeshifter during the winter season?

Now, I don't remember this myself and I don't have my books with me to check (at least, not Twilight. Economics I have plenty), but if someone else knows...?

Personally, I'm one for the stress argument. Not just losing her father, but the physical stress of transforming into a wolf on a common basis probably overloads her poor body, preventing her body from functioning normally.

So, basically, I'm also in the "once she stops phasing, she'll menstruate again" camp.

I really liked the wolf-cycle idea, but wolves' cycles are pretty easy to track, so it would be pretty easy to figure out if she's on one just by figuring out the seasons in the book.
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I do seriously hope she can have children!
I don't think that Leah gets the credit she deserves because she is a bit of a ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch! People just shrug her off and think she's just a spoiled brat but think about it. The person that she loved left ehr for someone else AND worse than that, she can read his mind and see how much he loves Emily which, because he imprinted, is probably more than Leah!
She puts up a wall of harshness so no one goes to close and see's how she feels!
I think, now that the dramas over she might take some time out from being a wolf and go settel down! When we are being explained the history of the wolf we are told the the founding wolf gave up immortality and becomeing a wolf, so why can't Leah do that? I hope she meets soneone and starts a family of ehr own and get over Sam!

Does anyone agree?

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Immy93 wrote:I do seriously hope she can have children!
I don't think that Leah gets the credit she deserves because she is a bit of a ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch! People just shrug her off and think she's just a spoiled brat but think about it. The person that she loved left ehr for someone else AND worse than that, she can read his mind and see how much he loves Emily which, because he imprinted, is probably more than Leah!
She puts up a wall of harshness so no one goes to close and see's how she feels!
I think, now that the dramas over she might take some time out from being a wolf and go settel down! When we are being explained the history of the wolf we are told the the founding wolf gave up immortality and becomeing a wolf, so why can't Leah do that? I hope she meets soneone and starts a family of ehr own and get over Sam!

Does anyone agree?

xxx
lol "ding dong the witch is dead"???? that made me laugh. the thing with me is i never saw leah as a villian. i saw her as very unlucky and a character with a past - which you rarely get with minor characters inh other fantasy books. i think that she will try to quit, but jacobs pack is much better for her and she has the responsibilities of being beta now.
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I think that Leah will be able to have children at some point in the future. I believe that once she regains control of her emotions and stops phasing, her body will begin aging again and her cycles will return. I think that her cycles are suspended at the moment because, as a shapeshifter, her body doesn't change. A shapeshifter quickly grows until they reach their full maturity but then all growth and change stops as long as they continue to phase. Since aging will begin again once she stops phasing I think her cycles will resume as well.

Also, a period can be interrupted by stress. Not only has Leah been under a tremendous amount of mental stress lately, but her body is being stressed every time she phases. As long as she continues phasing, her body could remain stressed enough to stop her period.

Finally, we don't know how a fetus would handle the effects of phasing. Would it phase with the mother or would the stress of phasing cause her to abort? By going temporarily menopausal, that could be her body's natural defense against a potentially traumatic situation.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Landiana

Post by Landiana »

Destani wrote: Finally, we don't know how a fetus would handle the effects of phasing. Would it phase with the mother or would the stress of phasing cause her to abort? By going temporarily menopausal, that could be her body's natural defense against a potentially traumatic situation.
i did not think of that. id feel sorry for the baby if it had to phase with her
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

I think that Leah is OVERREACTING! :roll: She is not aging and when youre stuck in time you cant have your you know what.... So her situtaion is kind of like the Vampires they are stuck in time and not changing so they cant have their period either ( but they have no blood anyway) ..... I believe that once she starts aging again she will be able to have children..

SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSING THEORY!!! :(
Landiana

Post by Landiana »

i dont think she is overeacting at all. i mean children are a part of life, and she doesnt know that when she starts aging she will be able to have them. these are only theories.
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward