Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry to double post, but I found something that I hope will make us proud of being part of this fandom.

I just found a video at cinemassacre.com that will make us thankful that we're fans of the Twilight vampires. Yeah, Twipires, who people like to rip on, are tougher, stronger, and more immortal than vampires in most other lore, according to cinemassacre.com's James Rolfe, aka, the Angry Video Game Nerd.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi All!

Tonight I went to BD2 with my new Starbucks Barista TwiFriend! It was fun, but we had to call it an early night since she started work at 4:30 am this morning. We made a rain check to meet again for a chat.

Tomorrow at Toastmasters, I'm assigned to be the Toastmaster, which means I run the meeting. I had to call everyone to confirm that they will be there and that they will be able to perform the job they are assigned. Then I matched up the speakers with evaluators and made a aesthetically pleasing meeting agenda. I still need to prepare a bit.

Tomorrow Sonny Boy comes home for Christmas break, so that combined with my Toastmasters meeting may get in the way of posting.

Quick Responses:

Marielle - CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING THE KEY TO YOUR NEW HOUSE!

Lynne - It sounds heavenly! SUN! I hope your son makes a quick recovery.

Songbird - Oh my goodness! What a stressful weekend! Your poor Mr. Man! Of course you had mother's intuition that something wasn't right. I hope he feels better soon.

Amanda Beth - Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Will you miss New Years Eve together? I can totally understand why you're sad. Hopefully the time will go quickly.

Jaclyn
- You sure do have a lot of fun with your work parties! Thanks for posting the gun comment - Agree.

Sarah - Hooray for being done with your Christmas shopping. Now you can enjoy.

Sean
- Congrats on getting your debit card. Why don't you watch BD1 during your free time at home?

Tracy - I still don't have a Christmas tree, so you're way ahead of us. We went last night and the place was closed, even though they told us they'd still be open. Maybe we'll get a cast off tree again?

Caryn?

Nighty Night, All!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Susie: I don't have much time to devote right now to finishing BD1 between work, being online, and other things at home that I need to catch up on, as well as getting more sleep, which is essential to me feeling better right now. That's why I haven't even gotten any of my fan fic done since last week, because I'm still adjusting to changes in my sleep. That'll probably be a project for the weekend/Christmas holiday since I have things that I need to get attended to tomorrow.

Sad thing is that I don't have much more of it to watch, but that's what has happened. I'm caught up in doing a lot of things that I neglected during all the Christmas rush stuff. I mean, I'm glad if I can go to bed and read for a while before I got to sleep, or play on my PS2 for a little while now. There's lots of things that I'd like to get done soon, but trust me, BD1 is one of them.

I'll be back soon :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I've been flaky about replying lately because I haven't had a lot of computer time and it's hard to keep up with you guys! And I've really been trying to bypass all of the gun control/mental health/insertissuehere talk. I found out a couple days ago that one of fathers who lost his daughter is from my childhood neighborhood. He was friends with my neighbors -- I can manage a few fleeting memories of him, but nothing concrete. Twenty years later...

Sean I haven't had a boyfriend in years. I was in two long relationships one after another through my twenties and when the last one ended, I was just sick of being in one. For a long time I was happy being selfish and single. We're not even official or anything -- and the jerk has me going and missing him already. I'm almost 30 and still unsure if marriage is for me.

Susie Nope, no New Years kiss :(
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Amanda: My problem is that I've never been able to get into a relationship! I'm sort of stuck in that state right now, and only if I'm able to get out more I can maybe get that to work. I at least consider you guys friends that I can talk to when I have an issue. I'm also trying to avoid the gun control debate, but I know that, like with many things, I'm not like everyone here, but both sides of the debate have good points, at least here, but I don't consider myself the boss of anyone and I feel that it's up to everyone here to figure out what's best for themselves.

As for me, I just turned 26 just after Thanksgiving and I've never been in a serious relationship. To be honest, I do wonder if that's for me. I do believe that the positives outweigh the negatives, it's just the "making it happen" part, and I don't think that one can force something like that, but I just need to get out more, which around here isn't easy. If only more of my friends stayed around after we got out of school, then I think that it would be easier. Thank god for social networking I guess.

I do apologize for intruding, but I can understand how you feel, and I empathize with you on that.

If you need a little cheering up, there's a video on You Tube and at Cinemassacre.com that shows one of the things that I love about Twilight vampires. Just look up "You Know What's BS Vampires"--the video is hilarious, in part because we all know that most of the stuff that James gripes about doesn't apply to Twilight vampires. We all know that what he's saying does make Dracula look like a wuss compared to Bella and Edward.

I'll be back later--I have fan fic to work on :)

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Sean Have you used a dating site? I doesn't have the same stigma it used it and I know a TON of successful, mature people who use it.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Amanda: I've tried one, but it's kinda a cheap (free) site, and it's not a great place and I haven't had much luck there. I've been wanting to save up for a better site, but with all that I've had going on, it's one thing that's gotten put off, and with all my holiday spending, I'm gonna have to put off changing sites for a while.

I mostly want companion ship outside of my family, and in high school I really struck out with the opposite sex, not so much with friendship--most of my friends to this day are female--but I never really let it go beyond friendship. But where i live, dating is a pretty hard thing to do, and with all I've been doing lately, I've sort of not focused on that. I'm generally happy with my life, but I'd like to think that that "special someone" can make it better. But as I've said, maybe I'm not cut out for it right now, like now's not the right time, if you know what I'm saying. I'm still hopeful for the "traditional way" to work, but maybe, once things settle down, I can work on that.

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody!!!

just dropping in real quickly... I'll have time to do a proper post on Saturday or Sunday....

Today I have really started on redecorating my new house.... I pulled all the wall paper down and removed the glue. it was agonizingly long work... tomorrow I'll start on the fun work... painting the walls....

our streak of unlucky things continue. My bf has hurt his knee yesterday during moving chairs...so he is in pain when ever he moves. I have my eyelid inflamed... it's annoying but I can function with it. I just hope that it goes away soon.
To top it all off... this morning I managed to lock myself out off both houses... I was loading the car with some stuff and forgot that my complete set of keys was in the apartment. my only luck was that I did have my car key and could drive to my bf's work to get his set of keys...

I seriously hope that next year will be a hell of a lot better...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Congrats, Marielle!

I think you said you would be spending Christmas in your old place. Is that still true?

I'm on vacation for two weeks. Just finished decorating the patio. It's brutally cold here, barely breaking 70 today. :D

Buying more poinsettias today. They're on sale, cheapest decoration around, $3 for reds, $1 for yellow.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Austin, I'm spending christmas with my parents... after that we are moving all our stuff to the new house....
I can't imagine that 70 is very cold... try a bit below 50... that's cold enough for me!!!
have fun with your vacation...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house