Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

I'm baaaaack! Did you miss me?

We had a fantastic time on the Sunshine Coast. I ate waaaaaaaay too many things that I shouldn't eat, but hey, it was a holiday!
We spent some time on the beach on the first afternoon, then went to Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's place) on Thursday. It was the first time we've been and we really enjoyed it, although it was stinking hot while we were there and walking between some of the exhibits was exhausting. Friday we went to a place called Bellingham Maze which has a hedge maze and a few other mazes and an 18 hole putt putt (miniature golf) course. It was fun. It was back to the beach in the afternoon, although the beach was officially closed as a swell from Cyclone Evan, which has been thumping Fiji, had reached the coastline and the water was too dangerous to swim in. However, Little Man and I stood in the shallows up to our knees and had a great time.
We ate out every night which is such a treat for me. We had some fantastic meals. I went a bit crazy on the desserts, but who cares? I'll put photos up on FB later.

I hope none of my American friends have had trouble with the bad weather I was hearing about and I hope you're all enjoying your preparations for Christmas!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

I've spent the past few days alternating between working and cleaning..today after work and errands (I was searching for one last gift for Jason), I came home and took a 2 hour nap! Insomnia has been a torture this week so a nap was very much needed!

Last night I was able to get all of Jason's presents wrapped minus one-a basketball and I have no idea how to wrap it- and finally did some baking :)

Lynne- sounds like your holiday was lovely! I'm so jealous you got to go to Steve Irwin's zoo! I did a report on him for a college science class once :)

Marielle- hope you get a chance to enjoy the holiday :) can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

Song- your weekend sounds eventful, is muster mans foot okay now? Jason fractured his toe last winter and was in a walking boot for weeks :(

Susie- good luck with toastmasters :) have you managed to get a tree?

Jaclyn- we actually watched part of it the other day when we went over there a few days ago :) so odd not watching it Christmas Eve but still good. I'm hoping to watch it with Jason tomorrow.

Jason is out with his friends and I'm trying to think of one more 'fun' gift to give him..I mostly got him clothes :/ so I'm thinking maybe a TV show to watch together or a new board game. As much as I wanted a day at the house tomorrow, something tells me I may be headed into the madness..ick.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy weekend, everyone!

I have to apologize once again for being MIA. So sorry! Hope this makes up for it. :lol: If only they would have switched shirts... (Check the rest of them out here. They’re even more hilarious than the video, haha!)

I’ve been a little stressed out lately with my study and I think I’m coming down with a case of the winter blues… There is no way I can catch up on the last 20 or so pages, but I did read along for the first few days after my last post and I want to thank everyone for your amazing support after my little meltdown. Truly, you guys are the best! I’m attending an evening course once a week that is related to the SBB course and the more I get involved, the more I know this is what I’m interested in. I know my personal hurdles, but just because something may be difficult it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it.

Other than that I’ve been spending my spare time on making a video for the RobHoliday Video Challenge on Robsessed. I found out that my laptop came with not only Photoshop but also Premiere, which is basically the same but for video. I’ve been playing around with Photoshop for several years already and always wanted to try Premiere, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. I had a blast making the video and doing the uhm… “research”. :D Round one of voting is now open. I won’t tell you which one is mine to keep it fair, but check them out. They’re all amazing!! Perfect way to get into the holiday spirit!

I have the traditional family Christmas dinner at my grandmother’s tonight and I have lots to do before that. I’m pretty hopeful that I’ll be back somewhere this week, so see you then!

Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Okay...
Something really weird just happened. I got an error message when I tryed to post, so I went back and tryed to post it again. (Thank God for Word) And now it posted three times...
Last edited by Suzan on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

SORRY!!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Our church is having a Christmas morning tea in the park today. It should be good. Lots of Christmas fare! Then it's an afternoon at my parents' place before Christmas Eve tomorrow! I'm sooooo excited! I love Christmas.

The photos of my holiday are up on FB for those of you who might like to go and look.

Sarah - yes, I remember when Little Man was born I thought how wonderful it would be to try and take him on a day Steve was there. Then, when Little Man was three months old, Steve Irwin died. It was very sad.

Suzan
- good on you doing a video. I'll check them out later. I've been meaning to do one myself, but I still haven't found everything I need.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Right now it's friggin' freezing and snowy here. I wonder how the Cullens would deal with this stuff, or vampire hybrids like Nessie? At least the Cullens being vampires can't get insanely cold (can't they), but with hybrids, would it feel colder to them?

Anyways, gonna try to start chapter 3 tonight, work on my iPod tomorrow or Monday maybe, but other than that, I'll be spending a lot of time in the living room with the wood stove--warmest place in the house, so warm at times that I've actually sweat a few times even last night.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Sean~ Hope you're able to stay warm these next few days. Will your brother help keep the wood stove burning, or is it all on you? Enjoy the few days off work and hopefully catching up on some of your writing.

Lynne~ I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation and I hope to check out your pictures when I have time. I agree that one of the best perks of being on vacation is not having to cook, or even think about meal planning. ;) I bet Little Man did enjoy the zoo. I, too remember when Steve Irwin died and how sad and unexpected it was. My kids got a kick out of watching his shows when they were little. Hope you enjoyed your church's Christmas tea in the park today.

Sarah~ Did you officially finish your Christmas shopping for Jason? I've bought hubs several TV series as past gifts, and they're always shows I know we'll enjoy watching together. It's nice to have the entire series on DVD so you can watch it at your leisure, without having to wait for the next Netflix delivery.

Suzan~ Good luck with your continued studies, and your new evening class. That must be gratifying to enjoy what you're studying and know that it's the right career path for you. I hope to check out the videos on Robsessed after Christmas, and good luck in the contest. How was Christmas dinner at your grandmother's?

Marielle~ Good luck as you continue with the wallpaper removal and painting. We look forward to seeing pictures of your new house. I'm sure someone more technically inclined would know better than me, but I've uploaded some of my pictures to my Photobucket account in the past, and was then able to post them here to share with you. I hope you're able to take at least a small break from the painting, moving, and unpacking to celebrate Christmas with your family over the next few days. ;)

Amanda Beth~ My FIL is feeling better; thanks for asking. It was a pretty severe case of bronchitis and a touch of pneumonia, and the IV antibiotics and IV fluids seems to have helped. We're only staying with him and my MIL overnight, so hopefully that won't be too overwhelming. Are you missing your guy as much as you expected, and when will he return from his trip?

Susie~ Did you find a Christmas tree yet, and is SonnyBoy happy to be home for Christmas break?

Hello to Songbird, Jaclyn, Austin, Caryn, and anyone else I've missed.

Our choir is presenting our Christmas program at both worship services tomorrow morning, and hubs and the kids and I will drive to his parents in east Tennessee immediately afterwards to celebrate Christmas with them. We're driving back Monday afternoon directly to our Christmas Eve service, and I'll be busy unpacking clothes and the kids' loot from Nana and Papaw's :) , making cornbread dressing, marinating pork tenderloin, and setting up "Santa" stuff once the kids are in bed, Monday night. :shock:

I wanted to take the opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a restful and blessed holiday, just in case I don't have a chance to post again before Christmas Day. We'll have a relaxing morning here with the kids and partaking of yummy french toast, bacon, and sausage Tuesday morning, and spend the rest of Christmas Day celebrating at my Mom's with extended family....and then it's back to work for me the rest of the week. You are all such a blessing in my life and make my life better, and thanks for being the amazing siblings that you are. :D
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - yes, when I first heard about Steve Irwin's death I honestly thought it was some kind of hoax. It seemed a ridiculous way for him to lose his life.
I hope the performance by your choir goes off without a hitch and that you have a wonderful Christmas!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi all!!

I can't believe there are only 2 days until Christmas (as I type this I realize it's less for our sibs who are international) and I'm working all day today and tomorrow along with seeing Jason's parents on both nights, it's going to be chaotic :) tonight ought to be fun since we're seeing his dad tonight and there's a big Seahawks game on.

We never did get around to building our graham cracker house, instead we went out to dinner :) oh well. The candy didn't cost much and we'll happily eat it.

Lynne- I thought the same thing!! He died during my college science class and I did a report on him after his death, I was so sad!

Tracy- that's exactly what I was looking for, another DVD set, but I couldn't find anything beyond the ones we asked our parents to get us (though he doesn't know I ordered a season of survivor off eBay that he hasn't seen :) ). We talked about it and decided after Christmas we will look for another Wii game or TV show to watch together. I did end up getting him a new pair of pajama pants with him there with me! Good luck with your choir performances :)

Suzan- I'm so glad things are going better for you! Finding out what you want to do is a fantastic feeling :)

Merry Christmas Eve Eve everyone :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]