Wow - Have I really been gone since Tuesday?
Being Toastmaster went really well. Sonny Boy is home now and yes, his finals went well. I' have two weeks break from teaching - whoo hoo! We got our tree finally, and it was FREE. The Boy Scouts gave up on selling the last few trees and just put the free sign out. I just finished decorating it yesterday morning. Yikes!
Yesterday, I was first in line at the Swedish meat market at 8:30am for their 9am opening. The temperature was 9 degrees, but we hearty Minnesotan's were dressed for it. By the time they opened there were 20 people in line. It was very festive! I bought Swedish meatball mix, lefse, lingonberries, and pickled herring for Christmas. We have a lot of Scandinavian heritage up here in the Northland.
Today, I made 100 meatballs for Christmas. Luckily, the meat market also sells the gravy, so I don't have to make that. We're going to my parents' house tomorrow afternoon and will spend the night and then also Christmas Day there too. Daughter Dear is in sunny Buenos Aires, so we'll be a little sad not to have her with us.Tracy
- It's so nice of you to post even though you are so busy. It sounds like fun stuff though. I hope you enjoy your whirlwind Christmas visit with the in-laws, and then the music. Today hubs and I joined along with the choir to sing excerpts from the Messiah.Marielle
- Wow! You are working so hard! I would be exhausted. You can chose the color for my room. I trust your judgement. Thanks for thinking of me and the other U.S. sisters who might someday come visit you. Lynne
- Your holiday sounds like it was magical. From what I can recall, it seems like you really needed the break. Do you feel refreshed now?Sarah
- I'm so sorry you've been having troubles with insomnia. Do you think it will get better once the busy holiday season is over? You must have an immaculate house by now!
- Cold weather? Well, we're used to it up here, and I think it is invigorating. You've gotta dress for it, though. And of course I like my house to be toasty warm.
- I went over to Robsessed and only had time to watch one video - I chose the one with a name close to yours - was that yours? I notice it is in the finals. Hey - did you ever read what I wrote to you in response to what that horrible lady said to you? I'll try to find it...Here's my post, scroll down to where I address you - there are two links.
- Time zone travel is
exhausting. Did you go from the east coast to the west cost, of something more?Songbird
- Hi there! I hope all is well with your family. Are you singing for Christmas?
I don't think Caryn
has ever been away this long from the Lex.Merry Christmas, Everyone!
Have a wonderful holiday!