Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Morning all, and Merry Christmas to those who are still celebrating it!

It's Boxing Day morning here, and I'm a bit of a wreck. I didn't get much sleep the night before Christmas, I was running constantly yesterday and then, when I got to bed last night, I couldn't sleep! What's with that??? Oh well. It was a great day. I got The Twilight Saga Movie Compendium, which I have been happily reading! :D

Susie - yes, I do feel refreshed. It's nice to have a break!

marielle - I'm glad you've been able to remember the positives about 2012. I am grateful, too, that Twilight has introduced me to a lot of like minded people. Most friends I had before thought I was odd. Certainly, none of them were like me.

Sean - yeah, it's great to hear how well BD Pt 2 has done!

Suzan - I hope I can. I've just got to find footage of Rob say the word here's. Once I've got that, I should be set.

Sarah - yes, the service was lovely.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

It's still Christmas here and we're with my parents. It's always a fun day here as we always hang out and watch movies and it's just a relaxing day. Jason got me the EW complete twilight magazine and the bd2 score. Lynne let me know how that book is, I asked for it but Jason didn't want to get me all Twilight stuff for Christmas ;) I got a giftcard to eBay and to a used bookstore so hopefully I can find it fairly soon. The EW mag is great, reading all the interviews from the beginning :)

Hopefully everyones Christmas/boxing day is going well!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Now that Christmas is almost over, I gotta prepare for the snow storm. Everyone who knows that they're gonna get whacked by it, be careful. I already know that I'll probably have to call off work tomorrow if they don't close tomorrow morning, and the Pontiac's got enough problems without getting drilled by someone who doesn't mind the conditions. At least it's not the starter that's an issue, but it'll need a change of spark plugs because of the ethanol in gasoline attracting water.

Everyone in the path of the storm, be safe and enjoy left overs if you can :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sarah - he didn't want to get you all Twilight stuff for Christmas?? What's wrong with all Twilight stuff for Christmas??????? :o I do like all the detail in the book, but a lot of the extra little postcards, etc, that are included are stuck to the pages over photographs and they are NOT easy to get off. One (the wedding invitation) had already come off my copy and left a mark on Edward's face, which made me mad. I have removed the others (the ones that can be removed) carefully with no more noticeable damage. I like all those little bits, but I wish they'd just put them in folders in the back or front or in the middle or something. I don't want them to block the photos on the page. I'd like to have a word with whoever had that idea.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hello everybody!!!

Who is out shopping on Boxing day???
I'm at my mom's place still in my pj's having a lazy day. In Holland it's 2nd Christmas day... traditionally people go to shopping malls and large furniture stores like Ikea. I hate going there on this day but you do get good discounts...

In a few hours we will head out to have dinner at a texas rib house...

besides that I don't have much to report...

one question, to anyone who has photo bucket... how safe is it? what about privacy?

I hope you all had a great christmas day. I'll drop in here in the next few days to make a good post.

bye!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado wrote:Sarah - he didn't want to get you all Twilight stuff for Christmas?? What's wrong with all Twilight stuff for Christmas??????? :o I do like all the detail in the book, but a lot of the extra little postcards, etc, that are included are stuck to the pages over photographs and they are NOT easy to get off. One (the wedding invitation) had already come off my copy and left a mark on Edward's face, which made me mad. I have removed the others (the ones that can be removed) carefully with no more noticeable damage. I like all those little bits, but I wish they'd just put them in folders in the back or front or in the middle or something. I don't want them to block the photos on the page. I'd like to have a word with whoever had that idea.
Lynne- he wanted to pick out a few 'surprise' gifts for me that included a new teddy bear and a new candle rather than get me all TW stuff ;) he got me a few DVDs and a Big Bang Theory shirt as well but said I can still buy the book- Amazon has it for $20 right now but I might check my favorite used bookstore first since I got a gift card there :)

Marielle-glad to hear you're getting a lazy day! I hope to take one tomorrow :)

Hello to anyone I've missed- I'm meeting my girlfriends for coffee so I better go!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We're off shopping this morning. Hubby wants to get some clothes, Little Man has ten dollars he got for Christmas that he wants to spend, and I have some extra funds so I'm going to buy The Host Movie Companion, if I can find it.

marielle - I think lazy boxing days are the best kind!

Sarah - that's nice. I'm glad you can still get the book, though.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I got up about an hour ago (I stayed up all night keeping the stove going), only to help my brothers shovel snow, only to do it again tomorrow if I go into work--I called off as I was advised to earlier today. Christmas is nice, but screw winter. And it's not like the Pontiac can dig itself out of 6 inches of snow--that's about what we have now, and we'll probably get twice as much by tomorrow morning.

I just hope that I can make it into work tomorrow if it's open--our road doesn't even look like it's been plowed yet.

Some BD2 box office news--as of last night, it was only $5 million away from doing $800 million world wide. I though that some of you would like to know, because some of you do keep track of such things. Who's betting that it'll do a billion dollars world wide once it gets released in China and a couple of other areas where it hasn't been released yet? It's possible IMO, but I can't judge yet on that one.

I mostly plan on catching some TV shows tonight, read, play some WWII VGs, and eat left overs, which thankfully we have plenty of turkey left over from yesterday. Maybe I'll buy like 3 turkey breast from now on :)

Oh, and here's Fallen One's newest photo:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

You can check out more at the Facebook page and www.fallenone.nl

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

The weather has cleared out and I'll probably be going to work tomorrow. It also helps that our road got plowed finally a few hours ago.

And from the "they don't do it like that" department, here's a fascinating piece of WWII history, as this is the only airworthy de Havilland Mosquito currently flying (there are at least three more that are being restored to airworthy status). The uniqueness of the Mosquito was that it was the only western allied aircraft to be made mostly out of wood during WWII that was a success (some Soviet aircraft were built largely out of wood). It also foreshadowed how racing cars are now built with it's sandwich monocoque construction, but using plywood and balsa wood, instead of carbon fiber and aluminum honeycomb. Here's a video of it in flight, perhaps the best on the internet right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvp2AeM68iM

It took the guys who rebuild it almost 8 years to get it airworthy, while in WWII, de Havilland would build several of these aircraft a day at their factories, as well by other de Havilland divisions in Australia and Canada, as well as DH owned Airspeed and subcontractors would mass produce parts, because that's how prevalent woodworking was back then. It took a small team of workers, many of who had to re-learn what was known in WWII Britain, to rebuild this. But the knowledge gained will help others with such aircraft to restore them in the near future. You'd probably think that a wooden airplane is an insane idea, but the Mosquito was a war winner and did, albeit in other ways with its construction, point the way to the future.

I'll be back later :)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

My goodness, it's quiet in here! We've got another day of holidays today, and we'll probably be going for a ferry ride along the Brisbane River and have a picnic at a place called Southbank, a really nice site for a picnic. If you come to visit, I'll take you there!