Helloooooooooo Siblings!Thanks to Lynne, Sarah, Marielle, Sean, Songbird, Tracy, Jaclyn, Desiree, Amanda Beth and Suzan for keeping the Halfway House going over the holidays.Rob's very happy about that.
Well, I feel like I’m back to my usual routine now that I’ve gone back to teaching today. I did feel rather out of it, though because I didn’t get a good night’s sleep last night.
Any Downton Abbey
fans out there? What did you think of last night’s premier of Season 3? I loved it! It’s downright addicting, isn’t it?
Let’s see if I can somehow catch up to what you all have been doing…Marielle
– Hooray for getting back to a computer so you can get back to making your regular posts! Daughter Dear will be gone a total of 11 months (I’ve been calling it a year – close enough!) She’ll be back mid-to-late July. We’re going to go to Buenos Aires the last week in March to visit her.Jaclyn
– I’m so incredibly envious that you’re going to see the stage version of Dirty Dancing
- and for the second time, no less! I absolutely love the movie. (Let’s watch that together the next time we meet up, OK?) Tell me how they do the stage version. Do they do similar choreography? Nobody puts Baby in a corner. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. That Italian feast sounds delicious. My mouth was watering from your description. Songbird
– I feel for you! I’m sure we all do! I can really empathize with you on feeling embarrassed. Hopefully you’ll be able to laugh at it one day. I always feel like these things are some sort of warning from God that it could have been worse – you could have forgotten something that would have life threatening implications. So – perhaps it’s time to slow down? What do you think of my take on it? I think it was so great that you had those cinnamon rolls ready to serve. Dang! Missing the Brazil trip by one year? I’d be upset too. Do you mean Carnegie Hall in NYC? That sounds like an amazing experience.
– Sorry, can’t feel sorry for you for 55 degrees…All you need is a sweater and a jacket. Just think – no mittens! TEEHEE
– I’m glad you’ve come up with an idea of how to fix the problems you’re having with The Crown
. Even though Rob isn’t where you are exactly there in Oz, still keep an eye on him for us, OK? Sorry about the heat wave. When you were talking about how your son was crabby from staying up late at the Cricket game, I was reminded of the age-old response that kids say the morning after a sleep over, “I’m NOT crabby!!” By the way, I sincerely hope the school libraries all say YES! Then you’ll have enough money to come to the States and visit us, right? Sonny Boy’s choir trip is not a competition. They’re just doing concerts various places and sightseeing. 6 nights in hotels, and 6 nights in 3 homestays of 2 nights each.
– I’m glad you’ve found a sleeping schedule that works for you and the stove! Sounds like a good solution.
– Looks like you’ll be seeing your sweetie in a couple more days? I agree about NYE. It is what you want it to be, but the problem is when you feel the high expectations – like you’re expected to do something BIG. I feel a strange sort of pressure to do something really special whereas sometimes I’d really rather spend a quiet evening at home.
– I’m always green with envy when I read about your NYE tradition with that other family. I really wish we had that. I guess we had that with various families at different stages of our kids’ life, but nothing long standing like what you’ve got. It’s GOLD. Thanks for posting the link to the top ten movie moments. Just so you know, our Christmas tree is staying up for yet another week. We love sitting by it. Keep in mind that we have snow on the ground here, so the lights are even more therapeutic.Sarah
– I’m sorry you got Jason’s sickness, perhaps you’re on the mend already? I’m glad you hear you like hanging out with your mom. I hope my daughter says the same thing when she’s married (she’s 22 ½ and single). I agree with Songbird about how taking care of a dog is like taking care of kids – sort of. The Twilight Archive book – do you mean the film archive? You can already check that out at the Library? Is there a wait list? I bought it, but frankly have forgotten to really look at it!Suzan
– I’m glad you had a nice relaxing holiday at home with your family. Now you can get back to work with a fresh mind and body. Thanks for assuming I'd be a good tree decorator. I'm happy with my tree.
Whew! I went back 9 pages to do this post!
Nighty Night, All!