Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Susie »

Helloooooooooo Siblings!

Thanks to Lynne, Sarah, Marielle, Sean, Songbird, Tracy, Jaclyn, Desiree, Amanda Beth and Suzan for keeping the Halfway House going over the holidays.Rob's very happy about that.

Well, I feel like I’m back to my usual routine now that I’ve gone back to teaching today. I did feel rather out of it, though because I didn’t get a good night’s sleep last night.

Any Downton Abbey fans out there? What did you think of last night’s premier of Season 3? I loved it! It’s downright addicting, isn’t it?

Let’s see if I can somehow catch up to what you all have been doing…

Marielle – Hooray for getting back to a computer so you can get back to making your regular posts! Daughter Dear will be gone a total of 11 months (I’ve been calling it a year – close enough!) She’ll be back mid-to-late July. We’re going to go to Buenos Aires the last week in March to visit her.

Jaclyn – I’m so incredibly envious that you’re going to see the stage version of Dirty Dancing- and for the second time, no less! I absolutely love the movie. (Let’s watch that together the next time we meet up, OK?) Tell me how they do the stage version. Do they do similar choreography? Nobody puts Baby in a corner. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. That Italian feast sounds delicious. My mouth was watering from your description.

Songbird – I feel for you! I’m sure we all do! I can really empathize with you on feeling embarrassed. Hopefully you’ll be able to laugh at it one day. I always feel like these things are some sort of warning from God that it could have been worse – you could have forgotten something that would have life threatening implications. So – perhaps it’s time to slow down? What do you think of my take on it? I think it was so great that you had those cinnamon rolls ready to serve. Dang! Missing the Brazil trip by one year? I’d be upset too. Do you mean Carnegie Hall in NYC? That sounds like an amazing experience.

Desiree
– Sorry, can’t feel sorry for you for 55 degrees…All you need is a sweater and a jacket. Just think – no mittens! TEEHEE

Lynne
– I’m glad you’ve come up with an idea of how to fix the problems you’re having with The Crown. Even though Rob isn’t where you are exactly there in Oz, still keep an eye on him for us, OK? Sorry about the heat wave. When you were talking about how your son was crabby from staying up late at the Cricket game, I was reminded of the age-old response that kids say the morning after a sleep over, “I’m NOT crabby!!” By the way, I sincerely hope the school libraries all say YES! Then you’ll have enough money to come to the States and visit us, right? Sonny Boy’s choir trip is not a competition. They’re just doing concerts various places and sightseeing. 6 nights in hotels, and 6 nights in 3 homestays of 2 nights each.

Sean
– I’m glad you’ve found a sleeping schedule that works for you and the stove! Sounds like a good solution.

Amanda Beth
– Looks like you’ll be seeing your sweetie in a couple more days? I agree about NYE. It is what you want it to be, but the problem is when you feel the high expectations – like you’re expected to do something BIG. I feel a strange sort of pressure to do something really special whereas sometimes I’d really rather spend a quiet evening at home.

Tracy
– I’m always green with envy when I read about your NYE tradition with that other family. I really wish we had that. I guess we had that with various families at different stages of our kids’ life, but nothing long standing like what you’ve got. It’s GOLD. Thanks for posting the link to the top ten movie moments. Just so you know, our Christmas tree is staying up for yet another week. We love sitting by it. Keep in mind that we have snow on the ground here, so the lights are even more therapeutic.

Sarah – I’m sorry you got Jason’s sickness, perhaps you’re on the mend already? I’m glad you hear you like hanging out with your mom. I hope my daughter says the same thing when she’s married (she’s 22 ½ and single). I agree with Songbird about how taking care of a dog is like taking care of kids – sort of. The Twilight Archive book – do you mean the film archive? You can already check that out at the Library? Is there a wait list? I bought it, but frankly have forgotten to really look at it!

Suzan – I’m glad you had a nice relaxing holiday at home with your family. Now you can get back to work with a fresh mind and body. Thanks for assuming I'd be a good tree decorator. I'm happy with my tree.

Whew! I went back 9 pages to do this post!

Nighty Night, All!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Lets see the what the last 2 days brought me.......

My daughter's bed of 1 year broke. It came from a nice end furniture store and when my husband looked it over he can't believe how cheap it was made. Nail glue really to hold a bed together people COME ON. last night while watching tv with my husband my daughter was asleep and we heard her cry went up to check on her needless to say she is sick with a flu and while I was taking care of her today I almost burned my house down. Threw water on toast that was up in flames in a toaster oven while it was still plugged in b/c I panicked. Ya it's been one of those days.

Susie~ Funny thing is I wear mittens b/c I am so cold. :lol: I don't watch Downton Abbey what is that show about? How was your christmas?

Marielle~ I like what you have done so far on your home. Is it black and white strips on the wall and curtain or is it blue? Do you have a backyard?

Sarah~ Where in Cali does your sister live? Don't have to be specific I respect the privacy just curious. Wow your hubs is one out of 6. I wish my husband would want more I always wanted 3-4.

Lynne~ Buying unlimited passes at a amusement park is always a money saver for us. We usually buy 1 pass somewhere and use it through out the year by that time our kids are burned out and then next year it is a different amusement park. We don't do them all cause some are way more pricey than others. Glad your son had a nice time there.

Susan ~ Don't be to hard on yourself. Great thing about Grandparents are they are easy to please. I am sure they had a nice time with you and the family and cinnamon rolls always makes up for everything. ;)
Last edited by Edwards Ragazza on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Lets see the what the last 2 days brought me.......

My daughter's bed of 1 year broke. It came from a nice end furniture store and when my husband looked it over he can't believe how cheap it was made. Nail glue really to hold a bed together people COME ON. last night while watching tv with my husband my daughter was asleep and we heard her cry went up to check on her needless to say she is sick with a flu and while I was taking care of her today I almost burned my house down. Threw water on toast that was up in flames in a toaster oven while it was still plugged in b/c I panicked. Ya it's been one of those days.

Susie~ Funny thing is I wear mittens b/c I am so cold. :lol: I don't watch Downton Abbey what is that show about? How was your christmas?

Marielle~ I like what you have done so far on your home. Is it black and white strips on the wall and curtain or is it blue? Do you have a backyard?

Sarah~ Where in Cali does your sister live? Don't have to be specific I respect the privacy just curious. Wow your hubs is one out of 6. I wish my husband would want more I always wanted 3-4.

Lynne~ Buying unlimited passes at a amusement park is always a money saver for us. We usually buy 1 pass somewhere and use it through out the year by that time our kids are burned out and then next year it is a different amusement park. We don't do them all cause some are way more pricey than others. Glad your son had a nice time there.

Susan ~ Don't be to hard on yourself. Great thing about Grandparents are they are easy to please. I am sure they had a nice time with you and the family and cinnamon rolls always makes up for everything. ;)
Banner by TammyAZ
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I officially got the offer for my new job! I'll be the social media manager for a company based in LA and I'm SOOOOOO stoked!!
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

Thanks Marielle for reminding us to come back and say hi! :)

Susie--I live Downton Abbey but I only see it when I'm randomly staying at my in-laws. I thi k we saw all of season 1. Looks like I could probably get season 2 on Netflix since you said thwy're on 3. Right now we're watching Veronica Mars.

Desiree, dang! Definitely one of those days. I'd probably throw water on it too! I hope tomorrow is better.

Amanda Beth: CONGRATULATIONS!

Everyone: I'm on my phone so I'm not going to back track past thi page. Saying hello to you all though and I hope your holidays were relaxing and fun. Mine was really enjoyable. We officially have our embryo transfer date: February 11. Yay! So on that day I will Be pregnant with twins and hopefully at least one of those stays put until somewhere around November 4th. Happy time for us. Thanks again for your special part in this! Love you all!

Ta-Ta for now!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I've only just realised I have posted here today. Hm!

I'm just as furious as everyone else about the BD Pt 1 DVD release. There's a guy on the blog page defending Summit's behaviour. I'm having a battle with him. I'm a novelist too, and that doesn't change my point of view. He just has a different view on ethics from mine. Sorry, but it is a blatant rip off, and I do have a problem with a company making money out of their product if they are milking members of the public because they are the sole purveyors of that product. It's not like we can take our business elsewhere, is it? It's blatant exploitation. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Susie - good to see you back. I will keep an eye out for Rob, but I don't think I've got a hope of seeing him. Even if he was staying next door to me, I'm never that lucky. :( I don't think I'll have quite enough money for a trip to the states even with the school library thing, but we can dream, can't we? ;)

Desiree - that's a pain about the bed, isn't it? If you buy from a high end store you expect a high end product. Yes, unlimited passes do see to be the way to go.

Amanda Beth - congratulations!

lulu - good to see you!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Lulu~ Crossing fingers and praying for you and your family.

Ok I saw the trailer for BD1 extended scenes and I am a little torn I like what I saw so far. Hmmm I am a sucker when it comes to Twilight stuff I may have to get it or chip in and send money so I could get a copy.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

I survived the first day back at work after a long holiday… it seems that my boss has really missed me… which is very nice. Now she knows how much I do around here.
I am having more difficulties to start up today… the alarm went off way to early!!.

Lynne, a good friend of mine is backpacking at the moment in Australia. I think right now her plan was to travel from the south east to the south west… Her family will be joining her there next month… I hope she is okay with all the heat…
I remember the news about Black Saturday … I sure hope that won’t happen again…Here in Europe black Saturday is something completely different… it’s the day every road has a traffic jam… it usually happens in the summer when every school in Europe start or ends the summer holiday… it’s always a big chaos…

Susie, I love Downton Abbey, I started watching it because of all the actresses that are playing in it… especially Maggie Smith… I love her… Sadly in Holland it’s on late and always on days something my bf wants to see is on… so normally I watch reruns on the BBC.
11months!!!!! Pffff that’s long… I really thought it was shorter… I hope she is enjoying herself and not feeling homesick…
Have you ever been in Argentina before? our crown princes is from there…

Desiree, those days it’s better to hide under a blanket with a book and chocolate…
Thanks for the compliment… I’m hoping that this week and next weekend we are getting most of the decorating done… if only I felt comfortable to operate a hand drill… I would be able to do it all myself…
The wall were indeed dark stripes but not completely black… it’s very dark shade of grey. The curtains are indeed black and white, we had them made for the old house a few years back and I’m very happy they fit in the new house with out altering them.
Yes, there is a good size back garden… it’s bigger than most suburban gardens in Holland because we have an end of terrace house. It will be a project for the summer…

Amanda, congrats!!! It sounds like you have found yourself a great job…I would love a job like that…

Lulu, that’s so exciting!!! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you…

On the BD part 1 extended edition, well you can’t really call it an extended edition… only 8 minutes!!!! WTF!!! I mean LoTR had per movie 45 minutes or more extra material… I know Peter went back to shoot it all but come on… 8 minutes… it’s not much… especially if half of it are about Jacob… I don’t know if I’m going to buy it…I might wait to see if they make a box with BD2…

Alright I’m off again… (saw a lot of FF updates and I still have work to do…)
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Lynne and Marielle, and everyone else who's PO'd about the DVD announcement: I posted my opinions on the FB page in response to Caryn's post, and what Summit did is almost obscene. 8 minutes? There were better extra features on those old Guyver OVA DVDs, and they were little different from the old VHS tapes as far as content--and yes, I know that this dates me, though I'm only 26. I still have a VCR (as part of a DVD player), but the VCR part doesn't work right. Not even Little, Brown has stooped that low with their Twilight novel box sets.

I'd be OK I guess if it's part of the BD2 DVD, but we have to wait an see with Summit--they've pull some pretty evil crap on us before, and owner Lionsgate isn't in the best of financial straights either, and have proven to be pretty amoral when it comes to money gouging themselves.

Everyone: With the letdown that Summit's announcement was, at least I'm glad to say that I'm happy with getting some good sleep and the seemingly simple change I've done has done a huge favor for me.

Any news on Rob in Oz yet--I've been asleep most of the time since I got home yesterday, so I don't know yet if it was fact or rumor, though Rover is supposed to be filming soon.

Since I have the day off work tomorrow, it's time for the start of chapter 4 of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight, narrated by Guyver's main protagonist action girl, who has a few secrets of her own, and we get to see a lead-in to a major revelation for Bella--I won't spoil it here for you, but you can hazard a guess as to what it may be if you'd like :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone!

Like most of you, I'm bugged by the "big announcement" from Summit..but I would love to see the dog bowl scene since it was so funny in the book.

Last night I left my phone underneath the counter at work, not in my purse, because Jason is sick (doing better now) and a group of idiot people came in and swiped it..the police were able to get it back within an hour, thank God..and we had a tip from a customer who saw them across the street trying to rob another small business!! It's crazy it happened! I feel so responsible..but they didn't get away with any merchandise as far as we could tell.

Sorry to unload on you all..I'm still processing it!

Desiree-Jason is one of 4, his mom is one of six..her brother has 7 kids and his kids (Jason's cousins) have a lot of kids! Jason said we aren't having more than 2, even though I always wanted a big family :) that sucks about your daughters bed :/ I hate stuff like that! Some days are awful..things can only get better right? My sister is in San Francisco and she loves it :)

Amanda- congratulations on the job!! :)

Lynne-thanks for defending us all against terrible novel guy. Hope the weather cools down soon!

Lulu-congrats!!! So excited for you :)

Marielle-getting back into the routine of things is always hard!

Susie-pretty tree! I do mean the film archive book and I was really surprised I got it so quickly with no wait list. I've flipped through it a bit and really enjoy it. I'm feeling better, thanks for asking! That sounds cool about Sonny Boys trip!

Song-I'm sure everyone understands a lazy day..especially around the holidays. Cinnamon rolls sound amazing!