A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Chapter 17 ~ The Game

Post by Tornado »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response?
I think he showed a very caring and mature response. He didn't push, even though he wants her to give Edward up. And he let it go when he realised she wasn't going to listen.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?
Yeah, I thought he was very nice.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?
Yes, but the fear of killing anyone, especially the one you love, would make you hard on yourself.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.
No. I don't think he noticed that he hadn't said it.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?
No, I thought she was lovely initially, and that still stands.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

He was being a protective parent like most parents are . Bella's was a typical reaction to any teenager but in her defense she knows the Cullens wouldn't harm her were Billy really doesn't know them all that well.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?

You should've seen my dad he makes Charlie out to non protective parent.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?

Ed is very hard on himself but that is because he doesn't want to lose control because Bella is fragile and he can kill her.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.

No it just rolled out of his mouth as if he has been thinking about it the day he laid eyes on her.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?

She comes across as very warm and nurturing like most moms.
Banner by TammyAZ
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

I thought it was sweet of him to be concerned for her and Charlie, but Bella was entitled to respond the way she did. He was looking out for her with the information he had; she was fully clued in and adult enough to make her own decisions without being warned off by someone who wasn't fully in the loop and was a little biased.

Yeah, I thought the scene was really funny. Charlie was rightly cautious and welcoming enough; I thought it was very natural.

I think he's very hard on himself, but with how brooding he is and the things he's seen over his years as a vampire regarding vampires and humans, it's understandable.

Yeah, a little. It's a big thing to say; I wish he'd said it back instead of telling her she was his life. It seemed a little throw away.

No, I still loved her. If anything, I empathised with her more.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]