HAPPY HUMP DAY, ALL!
Well, Sonny Boy's on his way to London for his choir trip right now.
No more mama-micromanaging is even possible now. Welcome Back, Tammy!
We sure could use some of your artwork around here! You may not know this, but the Lex is allowing us to post pics right on the thread, using the IMG function. It just can’t be too big. Try it out! I am so very sorry to hear that you have suffered a tragedy in your family in the death of your mother due to hospital negligence. How horrible for you all. Good luck getting some restitution, or at least acknowledgement of guilt.
– I’m not sure if you’ll be reading this, and I did comment on facebook, but just so you know, I’m thinking of you a lot and sending you all sorts of warm fuzzies to help you get through this tough part of your healing process. Don’t forget to treat yourself with TLC, OK?Lulu
– Whoo hoo! Yay for getting pregnant on February 11, just in time for Valentine’s Day. I’m so happy for you and your hubs. So that makes the due date right around my birthday in November. That would be cool to have some little birthday partners! Hurry up and get caught up with Downton Abbey so we can talk about it! It might be hard to stay spoiler free… I always liked Veronica Mars. I wonder why it wasn’t around for very long.Songbird
– Sounds like me in earlier days. I’ll tell you what someone told me at the time and I truly believe now that I have the hindsight – you just have way too much going on, and that’s why you’re forgetting things. Don’t be so hard on yourself. I do recommend writing things down even if you didn’t need to do that before. My cousin is a professional organizer and she says writing things down frees up your brain for other things! Try it. Also, try not to pack so much into one day (easier said than done). Wow – that IS a lot of drama with your ex-choir director. Yikes!Desiree
– I agree that it is sad that the Lex as active as it used to be. When I joined I had so much fun exploring all of the different threads. *sigh* By the way, I have noticed that you’re making a real effort to make regular posts. Way to go! As far as when to get online – probably before the kids wake up or after the kids go to bed. But then, I never even had the possibility of going online when my kids were little since no one even had their own PC yet or any kind of cell phone. Oh, those were the days! I actually am nostalgic. Reading back…. You really did have some bad days earlier in the week! That’s the way it goes sometimes. After it’s all over, you just have to laugh about it. My Christmas was good, but strange to have Daughter Dear gone. Amanda Beth
– Congratulations on your new job! That sounds like a great job. When do you start?Lynne
- I’m sorry if I’ve lost track of your writing project – I didn’t fully realize that Book number 2 was already finished and you’re already doing rewrite. That was really fast! How scary to have all of those fires…all part of global warming, I presume?
– I feel for you! I’m having a hard enough time getting back to teaching after taking two weeks off and I’m not even trying to move into a new house! Hang in there and make sure to take it easy! We don’t want you to end up in a hospital, OK??? It will all get done eventually. Just make it through the week. Next week will be better. Regarding Downton Abbey -At least you get BBC reruns there in Holland. I love the costumes – especially the dinner gowns. I’ve never been to Argentina but I will get the chance at the end of March when we go to visit her.Sarah
– I’m so glad you were able to get your phone back so quickly! Did it have a tracking feature on it? (I know little about these things) Still, your trust in mankind has been broken, hasn’t it? I'm so out of it that I didn't even realize the PCAs were on!
– Actually, I think you can already buy the Downton Abbey Season 3 DVD! Also on our PBS station they are repeating it on Wednesday nights. (It’s a bit late for me to be telling you that). Hopelessly addicted is a good way to put it. I could just sit on the couch and watch hour after hour of that show. And the theme music – mesmerizing! It will be fun to do a marathon sometime.Sean
– Sorry you haven’t been feeling well. How many hours did you have to spend shredding? Maybe you could sit and do it? If your back hurts, it makes everything hurt, doesn’t it? $110 is a pretty good price for a water pump, but not probably how you wanted to spend your money. Still, you have to have water!Caryn
- You still have your very own room here at the Halfway House - we've been keeping it all tidy for you and haven't let anyone else sleep in it, EXCEPT ROB.
I'm exhausted! Time to get some shut-eye!Nighty Night!