Just Vent!

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Just Vent!

Post by Suzan »

First I just wanted to say: clpviolet, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hope you have been able to work some things out since you posted this. Don't beat yourself up over falling for that guy. It could have happened to anyone. Those people are just so cunning, they can get money from anyone. Also I hope you've been able to talk to your friends and family about it and you got some financial and emotional support. Hoop you're doing better!

Now for my own vent: One of my friends just got proposed to. She's the first of my friends to get married. She's had a relationship with her boyfriend for a very long time, so I already expected her to be the first. But it still comes as quite a shock. Don't get me wrong, I'm really really happy for her. It's just that... I'm going to have married friends... I feel so adult all of a sudden. But what is really bothering me about this situation is that I'm still single. I've never had a boyfriend or just so much as a date. I haven't even started yet and my friends are getting ready for marriage... What is wrong with me that no guy has ever shown any interest in me? Am I that terrible? (I'm 23, btw)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Suzan- that's rough, I'm sorry :( I felt that way when I was 23. Hopefully you have good friends who will still be friends after they get married..some people totally change when they get married and it sucks :(

I don't really have much of a vent, more just I'm exhausted rant. This has been a week where people seem to need me for everything and I'm just..tired. Sometimes I think that people have no idea how busy I am..or that I have my own set of issues and problems that need attention. I just hide them really well, that's all.

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

I came on to have a whine about how I feel pulled between several directions and found that you've had the same rant already Sarah! I hope you're not as in demand as you were and you've found some you-time.

I'm at the point where I'm so tired I'm overtired and can't sleep :( between studying and school and family stuff all I want is a day to crash in bed and ignore the world. Tomorrow is my only day off for a while, and I stupidly agreed to go help my friend pick out an engagement ring for his girlfriend. I don't even want to leave the house, much less be dragged around in awful weather looking at the same ring over and over in different shops. Plus, looking at engagement rings is basically looking at the future. My friend is becoming adult and understanding rings, and I just don't feel there at all. I'm still trying to get a career on track, without considering marriage... And looking at the prices of rings and the stress that seems to surround it makes me realise it's going to be a long time before my boyfriend and I get engaged. It's crazy, because I wasn't bothered about getting engaged yet at all until I realised how far off we are, and now it makes me feel like I'm falling behind when I'm well aware there isn't even a deadline. :?
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Aww I so sympathize :) my best friend just got engaged and she got a really fancy proposal and a much bigger ring than I did..it took a while to get over that! It's hard not to compare ourselves to others, I know. Hopefully you're doing better!

VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I can't really relate with the engagement issue. I was engaged at age 18 and married a few months before my 21st birthday. But I can relate with babies. My husband and i tried for a few years to get pregnant. We tried this position, that position, fertility pills, temperature method....nothing. Everyokne around us were either getting pregnant with their second, third, or fourth baby. I was even asked to put together a baby shower for a lady pregnant with her fourth child. Someone I was aquainted with decided to terminate her first pregnancy. So yes, I can totally understand about wanting something that is out of your grasp. My only advice is just to enjoy the single life while you have it.

My rant...
Why does my husband give my seven and five year old children ice cream one hour before their bed time? Does he not know that sugar makes children hyper?

Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers