Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Songbird »

Hrmmm....we really need to do something to get people back here!!

Sean, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Just make sure you get some rest...no staying up all night to watch the wood stove or something, because that won't help you.

Lynne, how was the movie? Did Little Man enjoy it?
My friends live in Pakenham and I guess someone set some fires there and my friends were almost evacuated, but the firemen were able to get them contained. With the weather being so hot, I suppose there's a pretty big fire risk. Are there still a lot of fires burning over there or are they getting them under control?
Any Rob sightings yet? I saw your assignment to Tanya.

Marielle, I don't usually watch illegal movies online either...this is the first or 2nd. I just think it's kind of unethical to get something for free that is SUPPOSED to be paid for. But since I'm going to rent it again when it comes out and I was GOING to watch it in the theater but it left too quickly, they aren't actually losing money by my watching it once online. So then I think it's ok. Not ideal, but better than having to wait for months to see it.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Wow I never knew how hard it was for y'all to watch the movies I take for granted... ! Pitch perfect is out for rent here but I am terrible at sitting still and watching movies. Generally I'm multi tasking because I have a hard time sitting still! I'm having a movie night with a girlfriend tonight while we prep for her 2 years birthday party so maybe I will rent it.

Marielle-sorry to hear its snowing again. We bought a bookshelf from ikea that was so heavy with DVDs and board games it started leaning forward..so I knew it was time to get another shelf!

Song- yeah it has been rather quiet, surprising with the DVD release announcement this week. I'm so glad your new director seems wonderful..your old one sounds awful!! Jason's cold is better, thanks for asking :) the doc gave him some pretty great cough syrup that did wonders for his cough at night. Once I cut out the extra diet coke I've been sleeping wonderful. :) hooray for extra hours at work!

Lynne- hope you enjoy Wreck It Ralph, I've heard great things about it. It was Golden Globe nominee as well. Hopefully Little Man will learn to enjoy movies!

I wonder if Kristen'll join Rob in Aussie?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I enjoyed Wreck it Ralph yesterday. It was really good, well plotted, and Little Man liked it! It's the first movie he's seen that he didn't stop in the middle to ask "When can we go home?" So that was a plus.

Today my cousin and her family (husband and four kids) are up visiting from Sydney and they are coming over. I haven't seen them since their third child was a baby, so it's been a long time. I really looking forward to it.

Songbird - I think the fire situation is improving. It hasn't been on the news so much lately, so I'm guessing that means there's progress in getting them in hand. No Rob sightings yet! Don't worry, Tanya's quite tenacious! If there's a chance she can find him, she will!

Sarah - Yes, I must put Pitch Perfect on my quikflix list. Yes, I do hope Little Man will learn to enjoy movies. It's something that's very important to me.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Not much on for tonight. I'm gonna finish dinner and go to bed. I do get paid tomorrow and I have work--but then I get a three day weekend! Plenty of time to devote to fan fic and other things that I've been getting back into.

Also, I did take my change to my bank, and over the last few weeks, I've saved over $15! And guess what? I've started again. I have to admit that I think that pennies are damn near useless, but not when they help you get $15 in change. Go figure...

Well, I have dinner about ready and I'm about to get some sleep before I wake up tomorrow morning to get my check, go to work, and run some errands. So this is probably good night, but I won't be gone for too long. Sorry that I didn't check in this morning, but I slept in until I absolutely had to get up for work. But I'll be back on here by tomorrow morning, and then after work sometime.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Everyone,

This weekend will be a kind of busy at least at night. Saturday we are taking the kids to Monster Jam. My family and I have never been to one but we got super cheap tickets. Just trying to do more things with our kids and exposing them to all things that we can. Sunday my a few of my friends are signed up for a Moms Night Out photography class on how to take better pictures and what better way to have a 3 hour class then with finger foods and wine.

Marielle~ I am sure that is a lot of stress of your back to finally close on your home. We only have bought one home, which is what we live in now and I don’t even want to think about selling just cause of the stress. Thank you for the recipe. Will be cooking it within the next few days.

Susan~ The old director sounded horrible. Even though we didn’t have a coach a parent from my son’s team stepped up. All coaches are parent volunteers. Does your son take swimming lessons all year long? We only our kids go in the summer when it is warm or else I would be spending $150 for a month at a heated pool…..Yes, very expensive! Baseball and Karate are that rate too. Soccer is only $75.00. This is why I so need to get a job. We put ourselves out b/c of the lack of family and children my kids get to play with and like I said no extracurricular activities are available at the school. You do get uniforms for that price. My son won’t do Baseball until he is 7 then he can sign up for Fall Ball, which is only $50.00.

Lynne~ How did you and your son like Wreck It Ralph. Both of mine liked that movie. Scratch that I just read how you both enjoyed it. Glad you both did. Is Syndey far from you? Enjoy your time with family.

Sarah~ I multi task too during movies except when they are ones I really want to see. It’s the only time for me to read or get on her is when the kids are asleep.

Sean~ I highly encourage you to save your change. Whenever you get home just dump it in a buck. Pennies are not useless. We saved for 5 years and then finally cashed it in. It was over $40.00. The silver usually is $400 a year for us.

Amy~ Glad to see you here. Whenever you are free come by and say hi.

Where is Jaclyn, Tracy, Caryn and the others?
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Desiree - Sydney's about a ten hour drive. My cousin and her family are staying in a place called Coffs Harbour tonight. It's about five hours' drive away. They'll do the rest tomorrow.

I really enjoyed the time I spent with them today. It's a real shame they're so far away. :(
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Whoa..it's quiet!!!

I red boxed Pitch Perfect tonight-wonderful film! Funny, great acting and great music. Anna Kendrick nailed this part :) pretty clean too which was surprising. Tomorrow I may try Bridesmaids which I got from the library and either need to watch or return since it was due 2 days ago. Whoops.

Lynne- I'm waiting for Wreck it Ralph to hit the cheap theater in the next few weeks. It looks awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. Good to hear the fires are under control. Sydney looks gorgeous in the pictures I've seen.

Desiree- even tonight I was helping my friend cut out Sesame Street stuff got her 2 years birthday party. I'm actually able to pay attention more when I'm doing simple tasks like that! How many kids do you have again?

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Sarah ~ I have 2, but if I had it my way I would've liked to have had 4. I understand my husband's reason for only wanting 2. The way the world and the economy is going with jobs, the future is providing college for children. I can't imagine putting1 let alone more than that in college.

All right HH. I am off to bed. Night Nite!
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Guess what? It’s snowing again!!! I hope it stays with a little bit.

This morning I was woke by my little cat-monster… He was already awake and my bf let him upstairs while I was still in bed… The little tiger climbed up in my bed and started to wake me up with cat kisses… how cute is that.

Already, questions for the ladies… just now on the radio they are talking about that a research found out that at least 10% of the men secretly uses make up. (concealers etc.) The world has gone crazy with the metro-man. My question do you prefer a metro-man or a real real man?

Anyway, posts,

Lynne, I hope your friend will be lucky enough to see Rob in person…I alerted my friend that she should look out for him…as she is traveling through the south she might see something…
How fitting is your friend’s name… Tanya is trying to catch Rob(-ward)…hihihi…

Susan, that’s how I justify me watching illegal copies as well… 95% of those movies I’ll buy the original as well. I’m still hoping to watch the Hobbit in the cinema… I would hate to miss that opportunity.

Sarah, it’s the other way around as well with movies. It’s often that indie movies we get much earlier than you get in the US. Like Cosmopolis or Bel Ami, we got them months before they were released in the US. The same with On The Road. I watched that movie last summer while I saw Kris do promo work for it in November in the US.
Some movie just don’t make it oversea, people here just don’t know about it.
It was the same with Twilight. It wasn’t a big movie here and nobody had never heard about the books. Only after it became a box-office hit in the US did it got noticed here.
Hihi, we have the Ikea book shelves as well… almost everything is from Ikea…it’s just so affordable…

Desiree, this was the second time we moved. The first house was a rental but way to small. That was 4 years ago. Now we went for a bigger house with a garden. Now I’m done with moving for a while. My bf says I’m not allowed to start nagging about a new house until I’m at least 45…(that’s still 15 years waiting)…
I hope you’ll manage to make the recipe…It’s really nice.

Well, I’m really need to get to work.
I’ll see you all later…
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Sarah, I'm so glad you liked Pitch Perfect. I'm always nervous when I say a movie is so good and someone else rents it...what if they hate it? My brother and I have totally different taste in movies, so in general if he says something is hilarious, that means I'm not going to like it...but I KNOW that about my brother. So with people I don't know well, it makes me nervous. I laughed hysterically at Bridesmaids. I didn't really like the opening scene much, and the scene where they are trying on dresses is DISGUSTING and I can not watch it, but the rest is great and Melissa McCarthy is hilarious!

Lynne, my friend in Pakenham said that the fires near her were contained, but there's still one in a park there and there was a man found in his burnt out car yesterday. So sad.
So what will Tanya do when she finds Rob? Will she be polite and ask to take pictures or will she snap them on the sly, or will she just report back that she saw him?

Sean, are you saving your change for something specific?

Desiree, have fun at Monster Jam! We do different things with our kids, too, and it's always fun, though I have to say Monster Jam is not something that interests my husband or I, so we probably won't be doing that. We go to movies, museums, castles, theater, carnivals, etc. Lots of fun stuff.
I guess you would say yes, they go to swimming all year round except for 6 weeks in the summer when they don't do lessons, and in the school vacations for the same reason. So in the summer, Christmas break, Fall and spring break they don't have lessons. You pay for lessons in groups...6 or 12 lessons and it costs 80 Euros for 12 lessons, one lesson per week. $150 per month is insane!

Marielle, did you have something on your skin that made Garfield lick you? lol Too cute.
I prefer my man. He's not the macho macho man into sports and cars and such, but he's not overly....feminine. No makeup. I swear my ex was more girl than I am. He pouted and whined to get his way and if something upset him, like he felt I wasn't spending enough time with him, he'd burst into tears and go curl up on his bed in the fetal position and just cry. So not cool.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ