Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I guess that is one thing about having kids is you can always do different things with them. I swear when we get busy, we often wonder if we can handle having kids.

Marielle- funny question :) I'm glad Jason isn't too metro! In fact, I think he's all boy! He showers daily and is great about general hygiene though. I tried to pluck his eyebrows and he so cannot handle the pain, it's funny. He's got a slight unibrow that he now shaves at my insistence but that's as metro as he gets haha :)

Song- don't worry you weren't the only one who talked up Pitch Perfect, I'd heard really good reviews online and from my co workers. It really lived up to the hype! Thanks for the warning about Bridesmaids :)

Desiree- I understand that. At first I wanted 3 since I was one of 2 but Jason is one of 4 so he said no more than 2 :) now were questioning our desire to even have one! :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We've got nothing on here this Saturday, although it's supposed to be another hot day here today. Yesterday Sydney had its hottest day on record. Now it's coming up here!

Sarah - glad you liked Pitch Perfect. I must see that. I'm not a huge fan of Sydney (most Queenslanders aren't - they're our natural enemy! ;) ). I prefer Melbourne. But it is an interesting place to visit.

marielle - I don't think my husband would ever use makeup. It would probably depend on what they were trying to cover up and how they looked wearing it. Yes, Tanya's chasing Edward! Let's hope she finds him!

Songbird - yes, I saw that on the news last night. It was the first fire news we'd had for a few days. I think Tanya will definitely try and get a photo - she'll ask; she hates sneaky paps as much as the rest of us do!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Just a quick drive by. I am not sure I will be back tonight. The good news is it is finally back to the high 70's with slight wind.

If I don't get back everyone enjoy their weekend.
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Songbird and Desiree: I wasn't saving up my change for anything aside from having it exchanged for cash. I had to move it from where I normally had it stored to a larger container, so I counted it one morning before work, and I decided that since I had over $15, it was time to get it exchanged. I don't like change very much anyways--after a while, it does get annoying, which is why the change on my paychecks usually gets deposited when I have my check cashed. Which leads me to...

Everyone: I got a huge paycheck from work--$180, a lot bigger than I expected. I'll be spending most of tonight reading, eating dinner, resting up, and enjoying tonight because the weather will be changing--it'll be below zero for a high temp where Susie lives for the first time in over 4 years by Monday. And here, we might get one day barely above 10. So yeah, on top of the fact that I'm fighting the remnants of a cold still, it's gonna suck for a couple of days here.

So I'll probably be getting off line at least for a while in a few minutes and I'll start making dinner and such. I might work on my now long-Why are we talking about a donkey? fan fic chapter tonight, but if not, I have a three day weekend to work on it.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Wow, MM is growing SO fast. This summer he was in 3Ts and now he's in 5s and some 6s even. He pretty much skipped 4T, which sucks because I had a TON of clothes in that size for him from some of hub's cousins. And I have NOTHING for him in 5 or 6. So I had to go buy him a bunch of pants today.

Sean, change can be really handy though. We used to save all our change and that's what we used when we traveled "back east" to Illinois to see my mom's family every couple of years. There are a bunch of toll roads over there, so we saved our change to use on the toll roads. And I know people who saved their change to go to movies or whatever...their change was their fun money and if they had no change, they couldn't do fun stuff. There's so much you can do with change.
My brother posted a pic from some sort of APP the other day on FB and the weather was -20 and with windchill it felt like -35. It never gets that cold here, thank God, but it was sure frigid today!! -3 C (about 26 F) but felt like -10 with windchill. That's pretty cold for here.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I have sad news - I'm not sure if my friend will be able to go Rob-hunting. Her son has contracted Shingles, so she may not be able to get out and about. I hope he gets better soon. It's not a nice thing to have.

We've got a fairly busy day today. We're going to a church service to say goodbye to a friend of mine (a pastor) who is moving to Tasmania, then this afternoon we've got a pool party to go to. It's going to be a bit cooler today than yesterday, which is good. The hot weather should break this evening.

Desiree
- enjoy your time away!

Sean - glad you got some unexpected extra this week. That's always a pleasant surprise.

Songbird - they do grow up quickly, don't they?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hello everybody!!!!

As I realized that it has been too long since this thread has been overloaded with Rob-crack I'm here to relive the old days...

To begin with a pregnancy-stare!!!

Some nice bit of art

And one more

Alright, I'm not up for making long posts...
I'll try to do that tomorrow.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry to double post, but it's been lonely here for me the past few days. Where is everyone? Well, maybe it's just as well for me right now that this place is kinda deserted. I woke up in a bad mood, I don't feel good, I'm tired, and I can't get motivated to do anything right now. I don't even feel any better after eating. And then I looked a the horrid weather forecast for the start of this week. Winter sucks! It sucks and I've had about enough of it.

I'll probably log off for a while and take a nap, and hope that I feel better when I get back up. Today has just sucked for me on so many levels.

Update: OK, I took a nap, and I don't feel a ton better, though at least I don't have a splitting sinus headache anymore--at least right now. Sorry for being so irritable earlier, and I'm still not emotionally in the best of shape. I guess that I have some things bothering me--and they're not Kristen and Rob related. Everyone in my family as of late has been having some health issues (me included) and I have to admit that it and the weather changing and being crap hasn't helped my mood and is probably wearing me down. Maybe I should take advantage for this weekend and just try and have a day to myself, though I know that it's not gonna happen probably.

Guess I just need to take a day off and do something different with my life just to break things up a bit. I guess life imitates art--my fan fic character that I'm using to narrate my fan fic chapter pretty much feels like I do now. But at least she "finds the light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak after she settles in at her new home. I guess that I just need to relax and not worry about a few things that are freaking me out right now.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry to double post (now that I've actually done it--Songbird's, Lynne's and Marielle's posts weren't showing up when I tried to refresh the page earlier), but I hope that this post will lighten things up a bit here.

From the sublime to the ridiculous (well from about as sublime as I'm probably gonna get today). I decided to try and do something to improve my mood, and I focused on something that I've been thinking about for a little while now.

One thing that I find interesting from girly stuff standpoint in Guyver is two of the female protagonists' hair style. Just something that I've been randomly thinking about. I'm talking about the chin-length bob-cut that Natsuki has, which follows the contour of her jaw and looks sort of like she put a bowl on her head to get it to look that way, with it parted down the middle.

And then there's Shizu, who has waist-length hair with the section normally hangs in front of her ears tucked behind them and done up in a pony tail with a clip or scrunchie. I know, kinda stupid talking about a couple of manga chick's hair, but I've been thinking about it today. If I had to have long hair, I'd probably chose Natsuki's hair style because it's short and manageable. Of course, if I'm ultra lazy, I'd pick Shizu's, and it would be easy to cut, but probably a pain to wash. Just a random thought.

Also, what is currently the world's only airworthy de Havilland Mosquito is now being shipped from New Zealand where it was restored to the US where it will be on display in Virginia and will participate in North American and eventually UK/European air shows, the latter if the right opportunity arises (shipping the Mosquito involved partially dissembling it and putting it back together once it's at it's home base, though Canadian built Mosquitoes like the one's that's airworthy have flown across the Atlantic and set several WWII era records for such journeys). That means no more airworthy Mosquitoes in or near OZ or NZ--for right now. An Australian T43 fighter trainer is being restored by the same guys who restored KA114, and it should be airworthy within the next year or two at most.

So today wasn't a total bust, but still not a great day by any means. I hope that some of you at least get a laugh out of this post.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

My goodness, where is everybody? It's echoing in here!

We had a great day yesterday. The church service was great, although it was sad to say goodbye to my friend. In the afternoon we went to a birthday party for another friend. His family have just moved into a community with great facilities available, so we had a great time swimming, playing tennis and generally enjoying ourselves.

I'm off to work for Rochelle again today. I don't know if she's sent The Heir off to print just yet. I've certainly got heaps to do today. I'm so far behind, what with only working one day a week while Little Man's on school holidays. Fortunately, he goes back next week.