Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by TwilightFan87 »

The cartoons in the 90s were great :) we didn't have cable until I was 11 or so I missed out on the goodie like Rugrats lol. How far away is your boyfriend?

Nothing too major just a bday party of one of our friends' kids. Took the dog to the dog park where he ran for an hour and a half until I was too cold to be outside anymore :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Yeah, they were! I loved Rugrats, and Animaniacs, but I'm not sure if that went overseas.
I'm at university in England staying with my sister and he lives back home in Ireland, so it's a few hours trip involving a ferry :/ luckily he works in travel so it doesn't cost him through the roof!

Aww kids birthday parties are the best, they have the good cake! Did you enjoy it? Yeah dogs never seem to notice the cold :lol: we took my sister's dog out in all this snow and he loved it!

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Ah Animaniacs! Rockos Modern Life..I remember that one. Or Doug!! He had the cute little dog :)

Oh okay, cool :) what are you studying at university?I'm glad it hasn't snowed here!

Little kid parties are fun generally but these are huge family get togethers and it's becoming quite obvious were the only ones withot a baby(we've married a year and a half and aren't in any hurry to start a family), so it's awkward for me but fun for my husband and that's what matters.

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

I loved Doug! And Catdog and Hey Arnold, kids these days don't have it that good :lol:

I'm studying to be a teacher :) it's hard work but I enjoy it! Are you studying or working? Yeah I'm glad for you, snow has practically halted the entire country here!

Oh, I can see why that would be awkward. But it's your choice and it's definitely understandable, you have all the time in the world! Does your husband feel awkward about it too?

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh cool :) I'm finishing my career for early childhood education :) I work part time since I'm taking an independent study coursewhere you take a test and if you get the credit :) it's just math that's holding me back. What age do you want to teach?

Well all the husbands stand around and talk so it's not awkward for them! I think he feels a bit weird since he's 5 years older than I am and all his friends have kids. We're really enjoying the freedom of no kids though!

Oh Catdog! And Hey Arnold..for years I thought he was wearing a skirt which turned out to be a sweatshirt around his waist...haha :)

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Oh cool! That's be like 3-5 years then? The course sounds good, gives you the freedom to earn wages too! Do you work in a school? Maths holds everyone back :lol: down with it! I'm doing a placement with reception children (4-5 years) at the minute and it's really made me want to teach that age, they're so eager to learn!

It never is for men is it! At least you guys have the freedom though, and you can always babysit if you get broody!

So did I! I only recently even found out it wasn't a skirt, I was very surprised :lol:

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Yeah 3-5 years old :) originally was thinking higher grades but the little kids are adorable!! I think 4-5 is a great age to teach! One of my friends teaches that age and she loves it! I kinda do, I'm a recess substitute on occasion for our local school district. But I also work part time at a card shop. It gives me time to study and keep up the house since my hubby works full time and then some!

Our best couple friends have 4 kids so when we hang out with them we get our fill of kids :)

And yes me too! I learned it on Pinterest!! I couldn't believe it. It makes so much more sense. I thought it was either a skirt or a kilt.

How are you liking the book? Or have you been too busy studying?

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Yeah they're so cute! I think it's once they get to around 8 years they get more difficult :lol: that's cool, is that supervising them on breaks and stuff? Sorry, we don't have those over here so I'm kind of taking a guess!
Yeah it's nice when working schedules give you time to do what you need to though. I have Tuesdays off to get my studying done and it really helps! I find the house runs away with itself if you can't keep up with it!

Yeah I love it when things work out, you can give the kids back at the end of the day and have our time to yourself again :lol: my boyfriend comes from a huge family with lots of kids and it's nice to hang out with them and then have peace afterwards :lol:

I thought it was a skirt, it was mind blowing to find otherwise!

I've been sneaking in reading when I can :lol: I just finished reading Victoria's story. I was surprised to find I actually felt sorry for her after reading it!

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Ah yes :) I forget that the school system is different over there. Recess is their outside time, break from class and lunch. It's amazing what sort of weather that the kids go out in..I guess since it rains so much here it doesn't seem to phase them.

It's amazing how messy a house gets with just two people and a dog! Never ceases to amaze me, plus we're still behind after Christmas so I'm tackling it one room at a time. How many kids does your bf have in his family? My hubby is one of four and his mom is one of six, so were always hanging out with his married cousins, all whom have at least one kid!

You're making me want to go back and read it again! I remember feeling that as well :)

How far along are you in your program?

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Yeah, I remember from that cartoon too, Recess! So you look after them on recess? I know, the kids went out here in all the snow we've had and they were freezing. I was so cold I was hugging the heater for the rest of the day but they were barely bothered! Crazy.

One room at a time sounds like a good plan! There's just never enough time to do anything over Christmas. His mom is one of eleven and his dad is one of six, so he has an endless amount of cousins! Most of them are older than him and have a couple of kids. His family are huge but they're all really nice, and there's plenty of kids to babysit :lol: Your boyfriend's family must be great to hang out with, aside from the awkward kid-pressure!

Haha do it! Reading companion :lol:

I'm in my final year now! I finish in June which is exciting, but then it's the worry of finding the job I want :( how long do you have left?