Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Re-checked the forecast. Monday: High, 21, low 9 (you *****ing me?!), Tuesday: High 12, low 8 (Oh, for god's sake!). And it's gonna be just as bad where Caryn is, and even worse where Susie and Christina are. I don't think that anyone who currently lives in the midwestern US will be happy with the weather the first half of this week. Will be time at night to lay in bed with the electric blanket or sit next to the wood stove. Winter sucks, and often time summer sucks from the other side of the tracks. Why can't it be 70 all the time, like in our homes?

Well, at least that means that since I'll probably not have much to do tonight, and I have the day off tomorrow, I'll be working on fan fic tomorrow night. And, thankfully, I still have chicken soup and some new pan-fry dinners--I had the pot roast last night.

Just give the the strength to not pimp-slap old man winter should I run into him LOL.

And my mom just brought me some tea--gonna be needing that, too And it's English tea. Well, its better than some of the concoctions I've made, to be honest. I like English tea, but it's kinda bitter without some sugar. But it's a good alternative to straight up coffee, especially the concentrated stuff my grandma drinks. It takes less than one teaspoon to get something that tastes like the stuff that Gibbs drinks on NCIS.

Now that I said that, for fans of Top Gear and BBC America, the season 19 premire is set for Feb. 4th. And good thing, too, given the hateful weather forecast for tomorrow for about half the US.

As for me, I'm probably logging off for a while to do a few things to break up the monotony of being online (nothing very interesting to look up right now that I can think of), and to get ready to work on my fan fic. I just wanna finish up doing something I started yesterday and get some dinner, too.

I'll be back soon :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hellooo!

I must admit I've been waiting for Caryn to get back here. Maybe later this week. One can hope!

Sean - Its a high of -7 for us tomorrow, so don't feel so bad

Yesterday I went to a Conservatory that has tropical trees and plants and a sunken garden filled with flowers. It was heavenly!

Today I finally took down my Christmas tree - it was only up for a month since we got it up so late. I suppose it's similar to putting it up Thanksgiving weekend and taking down before New Years then, isn't it?

Sorry can't respond to you all right now - just wanted to check in with you.

IDEA -
I was thinking we should have a Valentine's e-party here at the Halfway House - everyone could plan to post on Valentine's day and we could at least for one day get people back here. We could post fun pics of Bella and Edward and quotes and music and use lots of red and pink font.... We've had e-parties for Rob's birthday and we had an e-party for Jaclyn's wedding. It's so much fun to have lots of people online at once. What do you think? (It just so happens that Valentine's Day 2010 is the day I stumbled onto the Halfway House for the first time, so that's how I got the idea)

I have a day off tomorrow (Martin Luther King Day), and I plan to write and have lunch with my mom.

Talk to you later!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - we seem to have come to an end to our heatwave here ... for the moment. And your weather sounds a little cold!

Susie - I like your idea for a special Valentine's Day celebration!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Anyone else having difficulties with today?
I’m so not up for work today. I’m still so tired.

Anyway, I spend my weekend decorating again. One door is almost finished. I need to cover it with paint one more time. I hope I can finish that this week.

Okay posts,

Susan, seriously! Your ex surely wasn’t my type of man… I hate it when a guy gets all weepy like that. I’m for a real man as well. My bf isn’t completely oblivious to trying to look well taken care off but he would probably come back with a camouflage suite if I asked for a concealer.
With cat-kisses I meant that he came to cuddle and rub his face against mine. It’s a way to say hello for cat.

Sarah, I guess we woman are all the same when it comes to body hair and the excesses off that hair. Especially when it grows on a man at places where it shouldn’t be.

Lynne, I think the only time I can agree to a male wearing make-up is to hide a terrible scar or something like that. I can understand that.
How hot is Aussie land now? I guess the temp went up over the last week since Rob arrived.

Susie, I love your idea. I’m in. Tough I’m afraid that with the time differences I won’t be around long by the time you US girls wake up..

Sean, do you get a lot of tea in the US? Here in Holland it’s such a standard drink with like a thousand different tastes…

Okay this is about the cutest fan pic of Rob I ever saw

Alright, I have to work at some point so I better start now…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'll tell you all my plans for today, but first, I'll attend to some comments.

Susie: I just read tonight that it's supposed to get down to like 5, the high tomorrow will be 12, and with a low of near 0. Winter really sucks when you only have like two places in your house that are really warm--near the wood stove, and in one's bed.

Lynne: Believe me, it's really cold, and if you need more opinions, ask the likes of Caryn and Susie. Caryn lives like 200 something miles west of where I do, and Susie lives in Minneapolis. I have my faucets dripping to keep the pipes from freezing, and we have a heater in the bathroom that I'm about to run for a while.

Marielle: There's like a million different flavors of tea here in the US, and like a million more for coffee. As for my cats, they don't really "kiss" as you put it, but they will head-butt. My brother used to wonder what it meant, and it's a sign of affection, usually from male cats.

Everyone: Today, I think that I'm gonna practice what I preach--being sensible. I'll probably be spending time in an out of bed reading, trying to be warm and getting ready to go out in insanely cold temps to get too and from work--and maybe run an errand--tomorrow. I gotta hope for hot coffee and tea, which ironically I don't like hot beverages, but with these temps and that a lot of you are facing right now (the streak of over four years without a high temp below zero is over for Susie and those who live in Minneapolis), that stuff cooling off won't be a big problem.

However, before I retired to my room with the electric blanket and a WWII book, or maybe one of my Twilight graphic novels or something like that, I will be working on getting chapter 4 of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight done. I think that you'll like it, because it's gonna be a "girl's moment" as far as just some of the girls in the story talking about stuff--and the only guy who'll but in is the probably the one most in touch with his feminine side. This will be a pretty light part, and as for subsequent chapters, I don't have chapter 5 exactly layed out yet, but I was thinking, just for lightheartedness and humor purposes of having a chapter for the girls (dominated by female characters doing girly things--slumber party), and one with the men doing guy things (with the girls tagging along and providing commentary). This is supposed to be a humorous story, after all.

I'll be back later. Stay warm everybody :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

This weekend was quite busy with taking Rolph to the dog park to meet my best friend and her dog, our friends kids' birthday party, and church..plus I saw my mom for a while. I work tonight but Jason is off and celebrating the news that Seattle officially is getting a basketball team :) our old team was sold and relocated to Oklahoma City a few years ago so he's beyond thrilled. :)

Susie- I love your idea :) I will have to see what I work that day to see how much I can post bit it sounds fun!!

Marielle- your kitty sounds cute!! I love kitties! Hopefully you'll finish the house soon!

Lynne-hope your friends son feels better soon :/

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hello everybody!

Another Tuesday of grocery shopping today. Oh well, there could be worse things.

marielle - decorating can be a pain in the neck. Hopefully you will be done soon.The temp's actually gone down here! Maybe it's hotter over where Rob is, or maybe he's sucked all the heat into himself to make sure he's the hottest around! ;)

Sean - I believe you! Yesterday was quite nice here. Today should be okay too. So no really hot weather in the immediate future ... thank goodness!

Sarah - Yeah, shingles isn't a nice thing to have.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Good news: Chapter 4 is done :) I took a while, but it was worth it and very fun to write. Chapter 5 will be from Bella's POV. However, I can't tell you guys much else about it. However, this story is about to get really hilarious. Now, after I'm done looking up a few things, I'll be ready to warm up in bed and read/sleep until I get up later for dinner.

As for the weather, aside from being extremely cold, it doesn't know what it wants to do--one minute, it looks like a blizzard, and the next, it's clear, sunny skies. And yes, as far inland as I live, we do get lake effect snow. Anyone who lives near the Great Lakes can tell you more about it, most likely from experience. Stay safe, stay warm.

I'll be back later :)

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

HELLO EVERYONE!

How are you all?? Normal excuses apply - sorry! Work is soo busy, then it's so dark when you get home, by the time you make dinner & get tidied up, you just want to curl up on the couch & go to sleep!

I actually fell asleep tonight after tea (sooo tired LOL), but the dishes still need done. I went to do them, and hubs turned round & said "I'll do them myself - go and post on the lex!" - awww!! I can't stay long though - once he's done, we need to quickly watch tonights episode of Celebrity Big Brother (we never normally watch it, but a guy from this years X Factor - Rylan - is on it & he is sooo funny!). Ahh, he's finished the dishes already!! Oh well, quickly I wanted to say:

HH Library - I know most are on fb anyway, but I really kind love this idea of an online book club! Can't wait to discuss City of Bones with you all! And like I said on fb, Jamie Campbell-Bower as Jace??? Eh, no! Really not how I pictured him at all! :(

Susie - I have to say a great big...
Susie wrote:IDEA -
I was thinking we should have a Valentine's e-party here at the Halfway House - everyone could plan to post on Valentine's day and we could at least for one day get people back here. We could post fun pics of Bella and Edward and quotes and music and use lots of red and pink font.... We've had e-parties for Rob's birthday and we had an e-party for Jaclyn's wedding. It's so much fun to have lots of people online at once. What do you think? (It just so happens that Valentine's Day 2010 is the day I stumbled onto the Halfway House for the first time, so that's how I got the idea)
YES to your idea!!! VERY COOL! I'm defo in!!

Ok, gotta run. Hope everyone is good! BYE!

ps. we finally got decent snow! whoop! Right, really going now - catch you all later!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

So sorry for my lack of posting, but I have been lurking and keeping up with all your goings-on. ;) We had a nice visit at my in-laws over the weekend. I worked an especially long day today as two of our physical therapists were on vacation and we needed to cover their patients, but luckily hubs was able to take the day off and stay with the kids while they were out of school for the holiday. We're gearing up for a busy middle school basketball season. My daughter (a seventh grader) is thrilled to be playing point guard for the varsity basketball team (traditionally eighth graders) for her middle school. They have two games this week, plus the usual after-school practices when they aren't playing games. They have a new coach who has a much more positive and upbeat attitude than their previous coach, and it's apparent that all of the girls are having much more fun this year. I've also been summoned for jury duty again (second time in about five years :? ), and am "on call" for possible jury selection nearly every day for the next two weeks. :roll:

Jaclyn~ Your hubby is so sweet to do the dishes so you could post on the HH. I hope you liked City of Bones. I'm a little more than halfway through my reread and first read it over a year ago. Did you picture anyone else as Jace while reading, and what specifically about JCB turns you off in the role of Jace? I know you don't watch Fringe, but hubs and I just watched the two hour series finale we'd saved on the DVR. I'm so sad to see that special and unique show come to an end, but the finale was a satisfying conclusion with a wonderful nod to the fans, and that's all I could have hoped for or expected. ;)

Sean~ Good luck staying warm this week....at least you might get lots of writing done while keeping the stove burning.

Lynne~ I'm glad to know the temperature has decreased and hope it's a little more bearable for you (and Rob :D ). How are the rewrites coming along? Have you had fun keeping Little Man entertained until he returns to school?

Marielle~ You and your bf are doing so well getting settled in and decorating the new house. Hopefully you can take a breather soon and relax. I wasn't up for work today either, and would have loved an extra weekend day to sleep in a bit.

Sarah~ Congrats to Seattle for acquiring a new pro basketball team. Will they be named the SuperSonics, or will they go a completely different direction since it's a new team? I remember how exciting it was when Nashville got the Titans and the Predators.

Susie~ I hope you enjoyed the conservatory. I have such fond memories of my visit to Cheekwood with you and Tonise on your trip to Nashville. Hubs finally took our tree outside Sunday afternoon :roll: ....at least yours was still decorated until just recently. Ours had been sitting there bare since just after New Years because we've been busy. I figured taking the tree outside was the least he could do since I put away all the other ornaments and every other Christmas decoration this year. ;) Are you enjoying Downton Abbey? I decided to wait until the season is over since I missed the first two episodes on PBS, and I'll have my own Downton Abbey marathon. I'm resolved to try my best to remain spoiler free, but we'll see how that goes.

I'm sorry I couldn't respond to everyone's posts, but I can't scroll back any earlier without losing this post. I'll try to catch up with the rest of the posts tomorrow evening. :)
Banner by TammyAZ