Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a great 3 day weekend.

Jaclyn~ You husband is awesome. That was really nice of him to do that.

Tracy~Jury duty stinks. Thank goodness for the excuse that I have no family to watch the kids. Don't know if that will still work when they are in school though. :?

Susie~ I like your idea of a Valentine Party. I am in.

Hi Sean,Sarah,Marielle,Lynne and everyone else.

Tomorrow I might not get a chance to be here. I volunteer in my daughters class the whole time she is there. Then I gotta come home help my kids with their homework, throw dinner in a crock pot, ( my new best friend) then take my son to his Karate class, after that bring him back home, by that time my husband should be home, then I got make a mad dash to my night class.

Night nite.
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - congrats on finishing chapter four!

Jaclyn - Aw, isn't your husband nice? That's very sweet.

Tracy - glad your visit went well. Sounds like you are going to experience a lot of basketball! I don't know if Rob's weather will be all that cool (he is in the outback) but it's a lot better here. Yes, it has been fun looking after Little Man, but work is stacking up. At least I have managed to keep him occupied.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Today will be a hectic day as we have an audit at work. So I got in early to have a bit of time to do a post and some preparations.

So I’m skipping to the posts immediately,

Sean, I guess some people call head-butts cat-kisses. It’s indeed a sign of affection but also a cat uses it to spread his scent. That way he marks his owner with his scent and picks up the owners scent. Garfield also give a nose when I’m lowering myself to his height. It’s really cute. However sometimes it’s followed with a clear sign of “get up you lazy owner, I want to play”……

Sarah, I guess a house is never really finished. But we are almost there for the first stage. We still need to do some sealing in the bathrooms. (not everything is water proof yet), I need to finish up the doors and we need to replace the floor in the hallway upstairs. Than we are done with the first stage. Come spring time our attention will be directed to the garden, that will be a massive project but once the weather is nice it won’t bother me much.

Lynne, I like how you think… I guess Rob indeed draws all hotness to him…

Jaclyn, I still haven’t been able to find time to sit down and read. So City of Bones is still waiting. I hope that somewhere this week I can start. Yes I have read about Jamie playing in that movie and I have seen the first trailer. That’s what made me want to read the book. He looked so good…
I heard about an avalanche in Scotland. I guess that’s further north from you.

Tracy, I find that Jury system so weird and yet so good. I can’t imagine that they just appoint people to be a jury and keep them away from their work for a period of time. How does that work? I guess you need to work to get money and buy food?
I think it’s a good system, though it makes the outcome not totally honest as people can be influenced by the media if it’s a big case…
I have Friday off and am going to spend time with my mom. So I’ll be able to get some rest and not think about the house for 2 days.

Alright that’s it for today…
I’ll be back here tomorrow morning
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I can't sleep so here I am :)

Tracy-oh jury duty is awful, as if you didn't have enough to do, ack!! And I'm guessing they will be named the SuperSonics since its such a well known team and the fans here are so passionate about it. They still sell Sonics stuff at some sports stores here, including a line of tees referencing that they were 'stolen' and to bring them back lol. I'm a supportive wife lol that's how I know so much.

Hi to Jacyln and Desiree!

Marielle- that makes sense :) good to hear you'll be taking a bit of a break but I'm sure you'll feel do relieved when it's all done.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

You think jury duty is bad? I may have to be a witness at a trial soon because I witnessed a crime a few weeks ago. I'm kind of freaked out.

I'm working for our family business today. Heaps to do! Fortunately, I'll be able to work there once a week as of now, since Little Man is back at school next week.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I sort of got pissed that I had to leave work today--because it was warm there, very warm. It was so cold that the Pontiac mis-fired very badly until it warmed up. And it'll be even colder tonight. Thank god for my electric blanket. I went to bed last night at about 9:30 and read for a while, and I didn't get up until about 10:30 to get ready for work. My bed has been my sanctuary over the last couple of nights when I couldn't sit next to the wood stove

Jaclyn: I hope that the weather in Scotland is better than it is here. I know that the North Sea and the great Atlantic being cold can't be helping things, but it's gotta be warmer there than it is here or throughout most of the American Mid West.

Tracy: I don't know if you get the Science Channel, but they air Fringe on there all the time. Not being a fan of the show, I can't tell you if they're new episodes of reruns that Discovery Channel bought from Fox, but Fringe is one of the shows that airs on Science Channel all the time now.

Tracy and Lynne: I usually won't write in it's this cold, except during the day. It's horridly cold out now, and after the bursts of snow we had yesterday, I'm surprised that the roads aren't snow covered and icy. I probably won't start on chapter 5 for a few days--between it being cold and not knowing exactly where I want to go yet, aside from it being from Bella's POV (the previous chapters have been from either my OC's POVs (Lia and Melinda) or from a character from Guyver (Shizu) ). I might get started on it early next weekend when it starts to warm up a bit.

Marielle: A lot of our cats used to do that, and some of them still do. However, as far as Ted goes, he won't head-butt so much as (when he was little) sit on your head while sleeping, and he follows me and others around a lot, and he likes to beat up one of the other cats we have. My mom says that Ted's playful and Twitch (the other cat) is letting him play. And since my mom's the cat expert in the family, I think that she knows what she's talking about.

Everyone: I'll probably be headed to the bedroom fairly soon after I get done looking up some stuff. Maybe I'll dream up some stuff later on to put into chapter 5. And right now, I wouldn't mind having the hair style that Shizu from Guyver has--waist-legnth or longer perhaps. It ought to provide some insulation from the cold, though I'd still bet that, being as long as it is, still a pain to wash.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado wrote:You think jury duty is bad? I may have to be a witness at a trial soon because I witnessed a crime a few weeks ago. I'm kind of freaked out.
Ditto! I may have to go to court since I pressed charges against the girl who stole my phone. Oh and I have to go to traffic court to contest my ticket in two weeks ugh.

Ran errands today and saw my best friend before she leaves for Disney World next week :) lucky girl! Cooked dinner and baked Jason's muffins for him..poor guy didn't go get back to sleep like I did.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yeah, it's not fun. I don't want to go to court. I've got to go and make a statement next Thursday.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Happy HUMP day everybody!!!

I have to admit I’m kind of disappointed to see that we are still on page 180!
Maybe today people will return on hump day…

I don’t have much to report from this side of the world. It’s bloody cold outside and the car was frozen shut this morning. I still don’t feel well but I’m slowly start to recover from all the stress I had last month…I just hope that when spring comes I feel lots better.

Anyway, posts,

Sarah, yeah, I’ll be happy when I just can sit down and do nothing. I just feel like a wet cloth right now. I guess I should report in sick and relax a few days. Maybe if it doesn’t get better tomorrow.
I couldn’t sleep very well either last night. It was a bit of a mess in my head… I’m looking to meditation training to relax enough to sleep better.

Lynne, are you obliged to go in as a witness? Can’t you do it anonymous? I would freak out as well if it was obliged and in public. Especially if it was a really bad crime. Like with murderers or professional criminals…

Sean, cats can look very aggressive when they play. Garfield likes to play like that as well but sadly we are most always the victim. I’ll upload a pic on FB I took yesterday while we were play fighting. I ended up with a lot of marks on my hands.
Cats, especially the young ones, are so damn curious, they just follow you around because they know they’ll see something new…

Alright, that it for today.

I’ll see you all later!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Wow, Marielle, that second photo is just ... WOW! :swoon:

I don't know. I'll try and find out more details when I go in next week. I shouldn't think they'd bother with that kind of stuff for this level of thing, though.