1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
Right from the beginning. I was too busy thinking about Bella's predicament and how she was handling it to think of Edward.
2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I thought his rage was totally called for and pretty understandable, especially after learning he was a mind-reader. I wasn't afraid for him or worried for Bella; it was just proof that he'd do anything so protect her.
3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I was, after he spent such a long time not telling her a thing. I hadn't guessed that he could read minds, but the clues were there on the re-read.
4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
I didn't know. I put it down to her being on a different frequency, as they discussed when they were talking about it for the first time.
5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
It was a bit stalker-ish, but he was (obviously) a vampire, who already has several strange habits. Him following her, when it was clear he was doing it to ensure her safety, wasn't nearly as concerning as his mood swings or any of the rest. Following her seemed like a natural extension of pushing the car out of the way and carrying her to the nurse's office after the blood typing. When I thought about it, it wasn't surprising.