A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by amulaya »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

I understood what was happening. She always called Edward an angel.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

I kinda hoped he would.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
i pretty much got it as she was describing it, it wasn't too hard to follow.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
well, i hoped so, but i think he would try anything not to have to do that.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place? Yes, I was picturing what she was hearing.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation? As I was reading this my first time, I was hoping that he was going to change her then. But, I found these books the month before BD came out, and I was thinking, "there are FOUR??? well, then, he can't be changing her in the first one." It wasn't until reading New Moon that I understood Edward's thoughts on the matter, too.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I thought she was just confused, or maybe something was over her eyes, I don't know. I was paying too much attention to Edward's pleas. (Does anyone else read Edward's cries in this chapter over and over again with relish? Not because Edward is in pain because Bella is in pain, but because it's obvious how much she means to him.)

Not at all. I'd already read the blurbs on New Moon and Eclipse. But I hoped.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I was confused, and I also partly understood what had happened.

No, I didn't think that he would.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I was like wat on earth, then after a few more blond moment s i realized it was because the pain was just too intense.

From the start the only reason edward disliked bella in the first place and stayed away from her is because he was afraid that if he changed her she would regret it and end up hating him so i didn't think he would willingly change her unless it was truly life or death.
fiish3
Wandering Through Town

Post by fiish3 »

Yes, i kind of knew she was unconscious but how she got to this point wasn't very clear. the book didnt describe how she was saved and how they killed james. So yeah, i would of liked to know how edward fought off james but i guess we'll have to wait for midnight sun ;)

Nope, i dont think Edward was strong enough to agree with changing bella
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

1. I understood what was happening. My only question would be who really did kill James. In Twilight, Edward said Emmett & Jasper took care of James, but in New Moon and Eclipse, Bella said that Edward killed James.

2. No. He was determined to save her, but not turn her. To "suck" the venom back out took alot of concentration, determination and in the end his deep love for her - not to kill her himself.

Great scene, I think.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

i had a pretty good idea of what was happening. i loved how she just called him angel. and yeah someone mentioned Edwards pleas. i did pay a loooot of attention to his pleas. awww he loves her!!! i say that aloud a lot when i read the books.

i thought that for only a fraction of a second. ill admit i hoped for it. but then i realized that there were three more books i was going to read. so yeah.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

I would have to say both because I was pretty confused at the beggining and then all of the sudden everything went click! that's when I realized

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation

Wow this is a hard one. Ummm some part of me said yes and another said no. no because throughout the book Edward has been telling Bella all the things he hates about being a vampire so I don't think he would do that to her.... but he can't live without her... :?
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*