Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody,

I'm sorry that I wasn't here through the weekend. Saturday was insanely busy. we left at 9 a.m. and got back 12 hours later, completely exhausted.
Sunday we went to play tennis and get all the food for the week in the house. After that I couldn't get myself to do anything so I used my phone to catch up on all the fanfic updates.
Next weekend I won't be around either. It's the Gothic and Fantasy convention again, I'm planning on going 2 days as 2 of my favorite bands are playing... THE KILT CLAD MEN ARE BACK!!! I'm really looking forward to that weekend.

Lynne, I'm sorry about the libraries not accepting your book. I can understand you dissappointment and fear. Just don't give up. stick with your baby and many now isn't the right time for your book to hit the libraries. Maybe it's meant for loose sale first.
I think you'll always be stuck with bad reviews, it's something you can't get around. However, every publicity good or bad is publicity and people will read about it. In general I think that critics are wrong most of the time. Or at least I tend to disagree with them. You just have to focus on the good reviews.

Sean, did you make that pizza from scratch. I tried that once because the base is always very salty. I made one without it, it turned out really good.

Sarah, I had planned to do a lot of house cleaning as well this Sunday but I never got around to do it.

Alright, that's it for today.
I have a slow day as my manager is away for 2 days so i don't have to hurry
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

HELLO EVERYONE!!

How are you all?? It has been ages since I was here - I really miss this place. It does seem eerily quiet... I hope everyone is well.

Well, first things first, HAPPY BD2 RELEASE DAY! It is just out today in the UK!! I probably won't get it today though, hopefully I will on Wednesday! We were in the shops yesterday & A Thousand Years (part 2) came on & the montage at the end of the movie started flowing through my head. I really want to see it again now!!

And need to post this picture - look at his eyelashes!!

So, it's my Monday off work today. I have no plans :D Except for maybe doing some housework LOL and maybe reading for a wee while. The weather here is mental! Yesterday is started to snow (it's MARCH!) and it hasn't stopped. It's pretty deep now, and it's still going. It's proper big fluffy bits - apparently the roads are bad. Supposed to last all week! LOL.

A couple of replies:

Susie - So sorry that your hubs lost his job! What happened? Has he found anything else yet?
How's the book going? :)

Marielle - Enjoy your festival next week! I know how much you love those kilted men ;)

Sarah - Hope the party planning is going well!
When will you be sitting your exams? I hope the studying is going well!
You & Jason finished your Friends marathon yet? I absolutely LOVE Friends! It is STILL one the funniest tv shows!!

Lynne - So sorry about the schools :( I hope you don't feel too down about it - you have to remain positive that you will get plently of sales elsewhere. I have good feelings about this book!!!

Sean - Glad you seem to be enjoying writing your fanfic! :)

CARYN! Where are you?? :(

Well I am going to head off now. I hope you guys have a great week!

Catch you all later! Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a great but tiring day today--I blame it on daylight savings time. I tried on of Arby's Ruben sandwiches, and it was pretty good--something on it tasted like bacon, though I know that it didn't have bacon.

As for Sebring stuff, Audi have set the fastest time with their 2013 car today, but it's the only one of their cars that has turned a lap today. As for me, I'll watch Top Gear tonight, but aside from that, I don't have much planned and I'll probably be in bed by 2:00 at the latest--as I said, tiring day today.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there.

Thanks to everyone for their support about the school libraries thing. It's been a blow to me, that's for sure. I'm really worried that the book will not even make it to 1000 copies, which is what it needs to get to in order for Rochelle to turn a profit. It would be nice to think it could make it that high.

marielle - you have had a busy time. It sounds enjoyable, though.

Jaclyn - thanks sooo much for that gorgeous Rob pic. It's just what I needed. You're lucky you've got BD 2 out over there. I'm pretty sure we have to wait until next week, although I will check when I'm at the shops today, just in case ...
Last edited by Tornado on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi again everyone.

Top Gear will be on in about 40 minutes, and between that and the re-air, I'll probably be playing a VG, and after the re-air, I'll probably be on my way to bed. It was a pretty tiring day, so I'll be needing rest. I'm so glad that I got Chapter 7 and a lot of other things done last night. Tomorrow will be a bit busy too between work, maybe some grocery shopping, and a few other things, so I'm glad to have quite a few things out of my way for the next day or two.

But after I get done here, I'll be offline for the rest of the night. I'm typing an email to a non-Twilight forum to try and solve a log in issue that I hope will be resolved by tomorrow. It'll give me something extra to do when I'm bored after Sebring is done with.

Other than that, everything's gone well, but it was exhausting today, but I'm gonna take advantage of an early night to get some rest.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone! Long day- worked both jobs and I have a cold (yay) so I'm snuggled up watching the biggest loser!

Lynne- saw your post on about the library last night :/ that has to be a bummer :( I think with all the promo you plan on doing you'll reach your goal :)

Hi Jaclyn!! Nice to see you around :) we've just finished our Friends marathon and I agree with you that it's great! Right now I'm thinking that I will schedule my test for the first week of April! I'm trying to fit in time to study whenever I can but its hard concentrate!

Marielle- sounds like you had a busy weekend and have an even busier one coming! I spent yesterday on the couch, trying to get over this silly cold. My house is a wreck still!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

You won’t believe how cold it is here! The wind is coming from the north and makes it bitterly cold. I’m so done with it all.

When I walk to the bus stop I have to pass between two large buildings, the cold wind was so bad there that it cause me to get immediate headaches…

Jaclyn, yes the weather is a bit off here as well. We are used to having it snow in March, April even but for the last five years summer always started early. I’m betting we can’t sit outside with our bdays this year while here in Holland at least the last week of March had always been really nice.
Yes, Sunday will be completely spent on a pick cloud covered in kilts…

Sean, are you already on daylights savings? We don’t get that horror for an other two weeks!

Lynne, yes very busy. It won’t stop until after easter. Until than I don’t have a quiet weekend.

Sarah, watching the biggest looser while not feeling well is not the best way. For me at least I always feel I should get more active and go to the gym. Don’t worry I didn’t get house work done either. I was just too tired Sunday. I’ll have to do it somewhere this week. Maybe today I can get myself to do it.
Yes, next weekend will be really busy. I’ll be away for two days. I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy the craziness for once.

Alright, I’ll see you all tomorrow again.
Have a nice day!!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just a Quickie to let you know I'm still alive...

We had my husband's cousin from the UK staying with us over the weekend. She was here for a Dairy Conference in Wisconsin and stopped in Minneapolis first. It was fun to see her and hear her British accent.

Hubs is still using my laptop a lot for his job search. He has a phone interview today which will hopefully lead to a real interview. Plus when I do get to go to Starbucks to work on my book, the internet doesn't work on my laptop - it is a little glitch in my new laptop and my IT guy at work doesn't really think it is a priority that I'm able to get on the internet at a coffee shop. Go figure. Usually, I'd write a bit and then get on the Lex and facebook. Now I can't do that.

Jaclyn
- Hubs got laid off - workforce reduction. I suppose you call it "made redundant"? He was the most junior.

Songbird - I should be able to make it to WY in August to meet you. Very cool.

Lynne
- Sorry to hear about the School Libraries not wanting your book. boo hoo!

Sorry I can't write any more. My students have arrived and I need to start teaching. Hi to everyone else!

Happy Belated Birthday to Lulu on Monday.
Chrissy's Birthday is Thursday.

Catch you later!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to work for our family business today. I've got so many things to do for the book, though. I've got to get to work on the next book trailer. I'm trying to find YA magazines that take book reviews. I've got to organise my launch and some book signings. EEEEEK! I wish I was famous. Then I would have a manager to do all this for me and I could just turn up!

Sarah - yeah, it's definitely a bummer, although I'm reassured by what Caryn said on Facebook. She's read the whole thing and she didn't think it moved slowly. Maybe they were just looking for an excuse to refuse. They've only ever taken one of our books. I'm sorry to hear you have a cold. I hope you're feeling a bit better now.

marielle - when does it usually start to warm up over there?

Susie - I hop your husband get that interview. Job hunting can be such a pain. Yes, it's sad about the school libraries. I've just got to hope that I can sell 1000 copies anyway. That's the goal.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry I'm late, but I took a long nap after work and decided to do a few things before I got on here. I might try and take a stab at working on Chapter 8 of my fan fic, but this week isn't really a good time for me to do a lot of that stuff with the 12 Hours of Sebring stuff, but I'll probably try and give it a shot.

Also, for Caryn and Marielle, there's reportedly a new TV spot for Pepsi featuring Jeff Gordon going undercover to test drive a car for a car salesman who joins him for the ride. Just something I wanted to post in case anyone was interested.

Speaking of racing, I'm glad that the 12 Hours of Sebring is back on Speed Channel where it belongs, even with one hour going missing because of NASCAR practice coverage and the end being tape delayed (the deal came together too late for Speed to make an arrangement with the AMA for delayed Supercross coverage--ironically, Jim France of NASCAR fame--and who I think should be running NASCAR itself--is the owner of the AMA and is now majority owner of the American Le Mans Series). Also, I have to adjust to F1 races being shown on NBC Sports Network (formerly Versus/OLN) instead of Speed as in the past 18 years--I can remember watching F1 races on ESPN with my father and uncle on Sunday mornings about 20 years ago.

Anyways, I had a good day at work and I'm off tomorrow. I have to do some phone interview with my food benefits stuff, so that'll be something that I'm not sure I should look forward to or dread.

But anyways, I got most of what I wanted to get done tonight. All I have to do is maybe work on my fan fic and finish up looking up some stuff.

Update: Hi again.

I'm gonna catch the Top Gear re-air and then make some fried chicken. I'll probably not work on my fan fic tonight (possibly tomorrow I'll get a shot at it). Instead, I joined a new forum where I can also discuss things concerning my fan fic as well, and I think that I'll have some fun over there (hopefully--it's not the Twilight crowd for sure LOL).

However, I'll still be posting updates here and at TL--if only it seemed like so many of you guys weren't busy. I do think that my story is interesting, there's other things I'd like to share, and sometimes, I feel like I'm just talking to myself, though I know that's not intentional. But it seems to be that time of year--the final push before summer.

So that's what I have on tap for the rest of the night. I hope that everyone had a good day today.

Last edited by Chernaudi on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.