Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'm seriously over this cold. I have a party to plan and execute this weekend and have a ton of studying to do..sorry to whine but I thought I was getting better so I went to the mall (yay coupons) and by the time I headed home I got all congested again. Oh well :)

I must say my hubby is going above and beyond taking care of me by cooking and forcing me to eat soup. I'm not used to being taken care of and he's been so busy with work..

Anyway..now that I'm done whining (sorry!)..I finished reading the Complete Film Archive and I'm pretty excited to get my own copy eventually. It's fascinating.

Lynne- I'm sure you'll meet your goal! I wish I could help you..I love organizing and coordinating things!

Marielle- I've done a little today just because I can't stand the chaos and don't want Jason to have to do it.

Hi Susie!! I really hope your hubby finds a job soon! Phone interviews are a great first start :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

My book is now available for pre-orders on Kindle! Click here to see.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Well at least I hope your morning starts better than mine. I woke up to a white world and it still falling white stuff out of the shy!!! :rant: It isn't helping my mood....

Susie, how did your hub's interview go? I have never heard on a phone interview. I don't think they do that in Holland. Maybe the employment agencies do that.

Lynne, try to enjoy the process a bit! It sounds all so exciting. Maybe you could try and use the family business as an commercial tool. Let customers know that you are launching a book. and when you have a date and venue invite them to come and see.
Normally the weather starts to get better in March. lately we had early summer so that meant that by the end of March we had a nice warmth. However I can remember years where we had snow in April. The beach clubs official openingsweekend is Easter weekend but for the last 4 years they opened earlier. I just hope these are the last bit of the winter...

Sean, I don't think we get pepsi commercials in Holland. I can't remember ever seeing one.

sarah, I hope you feel better soon. You should try eating really spicy. it opens up everything.

Alright, I'm off.
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

It's cold and snowy here. Not much more can be said about that, aside from the fact that it kinda sucks.

I'll probably try and work on my fan fic tonight, but other than that, I don't have much planned. It'll also probably be an early night since I have work tomorrow. At least I get paid on Friday, and I have plans to visit the bank and the grocery store tomorrow to get ready for this weekends races (12 Hours of Sebring, F1 and maybe even NASCAR).

It's just kinda cold and crappy here, and the extended forecast doesn't foresee any days like over the weekend again very soon. That was great--I was actually full of energy and could go outside and just do different things. But with it this cold, all I want to do is lay in bed where it's warm. I'm about tired of winter. I want some warmth and sunshine! This weather doesn't inspire a lot of happiness from me. It's boring and numbing.

But at least I have fan fic and stuff I can do for later tonight. And the phone interview went well, but that's why I need to head to the bank tomorrow to get a statement from my savings and checking accounts.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'll be doing a bit of work for Rochelle today, and washing the dog. Fun, fun, fun!

marielle - I don't think I could use our business to promote the book. It wouldn't feel right to me. And it might not be good for business to suddenly hit them with a book promotion, rather than a photographic one. They might object to us hitting them with something they consider spam. What's more, real estate agents aren't known to be great readers! So it's snowing again? So no good weather for March this year then? Hopefully, it won't carry over into April.

Sarah - I wish you could help too. I'm not bad at organising things, I just hate cold calling and self promotion. And I really have to do it.

Sean - snow there, too? Is that normal for this time of year?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Lynne: Unfortunately, yes, it does snow in March, or even April at times. Not often, but it does happen every couple of years.

Everyone: I'm gonna log off for a while soon. I'm pretty winded from trying to split some wood. I'm gonna get some dinner and maybe do a couple of other things before I decide to maybe work on my fan fic a bit before I go to bed.

Also, I had a moment today. I lost track of time while I was making a post at a Guyver forum that I joined the other night, and then I saw that it was almost 7:00 and it was still light out. I was like "what the hell?!" Damned daylight savings time!

I have work tomorrow, but I do plan on getting a few items and visiting the bank as I said earlier. But I do hope that all goes well anyways.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

AHHHHHH So much better!! The sun is shining!!! I don't know what they predict for the rest of the day but for now it's lovely outside...

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY...

Did you all see the white smoke over Vatican City??? I'm not a Catholic but you've got to love this new pope...He looks so much better than the last pope. Much more open en friendlier...

and even better... look what we got yesterday!!! I'm still unsure about this movie and I still don't like the short hair (give the guy roles that he had to have sex hair in!!!) but I'm pretty sure this will be another masterpiece!!

Lynne, the wheater has been really strange here lately. Last week we got the hotest day in March ever with 17C and two nights ago we got the coldest night ever in march with -17C... You see, no problems with Global warming here... :banghead: ...
Washing the dog??? does he likes that? normally it results in a massive water fight.

Sean, I hope spring well get to you soon...

Alright see you all later!!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Page 13? Yikes, it has gotten quiet over here. Nearly everyone's on Facebook now. But I love decorating. Since the whole reason I'm not here as much is that I am working so hard (and yes, I'm up too late tonight, I'm breaking my rules), I thought I would decorate an office space. It's fussing at me and not wanting me to post images or more than 7 urls, but this gets the office started.

This is what I have on my RL computer desktop to remind me of Isle Esme. And this is my HH mouse pad and my pen. And here is my calendar and my travel mug to keep me cheery and awake in the morning. I keep a Twilight music collection from soundtracks and book playlists that also keeps me alert and happy, and here are family pictures to look at. And at the end of the day I can unwind with my sisters and this:

Tucson weather continues crazy, hailing earlier this week (yes hailing in the daytime) and high 80's today. I think my vasomotor rhinitis (like allergies but less easily treated) has kicked up again, and I see my doctor tomorrow morning. Hopefully work will be relatively quiet tomorrow. Tonight I got the little girls mostly set up to begin decorating their 3D animal models for school reports; I used a bread knife to cut out angelfish and lizard outlines out of a styrofoam sheet, and will be using a sock and styrofoam filling to create a sea lion.

Personally I'm doing pretty well. I've been able to be stronger with people in my life when they step on my boundaries and more aware of what stuff is mine and what stuff is theirs, and how to deal with it. We are taking a family vacation to LA next week, so look for pix of me with the handprints (and footprints) outside of the Chinese theater. That's what I'm most looking forward too!

Love to you all. When I'm not here, I wish I was.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Not much happening in my neck of the woods. I've got a bit of work to do for Rochelle today, then I'm hoping I can pop out to the shops and see if BD 2 is here yet. It probably won't be, but you never know!

I'm really annoyed at my son's school. The Host is released on 28th March (Thursday) over here, and that's the last day of school before the Easter holidays. I've been looking forward to seeing The Host for months, but now they've put the school's cross country that day. And Little Man's bit isn't until 11.30 am, which gives me next to no chance of being able to see him run and get the movie in as well before I have to pick him up from school. And then he will be on holidays for the following two weeks, so I won't be able to see it then, either.

I have almost decided (bad mother that I am) to go and see The Host anyway. Little Man's bit is only 15 minutes or so long, and they're having a parent visit day sometime soon and should be able to go to that and the Easter bonnet parade (not sure when that is yet). So I figure it's a trade off if I can go to those two events and miss the cross country.

marielle - yes, the weather can do weird things. It's been quite cool over here for the latter part of the summer because all the rain kept the temperatures down.

Brenda - glad to hear that things are going better for you in some ways. Hope you can conquer your vasomotor rhinitis!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had what I thought would be a hectic day, but it turned out rather pleasant. I was in a rush to get to work, in a rush to do a few other things there, and in a rush to get home. But once I settled down and got stuff done, it was easy--I was even able to sneak in a nap between getting down with some work here at home and hopping on here, and I have plenty of time to spare between now and the start of F1 practice tonight.

And speaking of racing, Audi are back on form as far as showing speed today. After some testing/set up work stuff where they didn't really run a lot of timed laps yesterday, they got a lot of laps in with both of their cars--even if the #2 missed most of both early practice sessions because of an accident. The #1 made up for it by running consistent fast laps in both practices, and both R18s were 1-2 in night practice that got done about an hour ago. As long as they don't screw it up. Sebring is most likely theirs for the taking.

I also managed to get my bank statement that I needed and some grocery stuff for this weekend, which includes F1 practice tonight (NBC Sports Network), the main event for me being the 12 Hours of Sebring (Speed Channel showing all but about 1 hour of the race, even if the ending is tape delayed, and the F1 race after that ends (NBCSN). So my weekend's pretty stacked. And with this weather, I'll be pretty much exhausted by the end of it, but it'll be worth it, especially if Audi gets another Sebring 1-2. And even then they're not done, as they'll start testing their '13 spec R18 e-tron quattro diesel hybrid (of which one is entered in the 12 Hours as the #2--the #1 R18 e-tron quattro is a 2012 spec car) starting on Monday.

So, that means I think that I won't be online Saturday, or at least for very long (I'll be looking at T&S updates until the race concludes). However, I'll be online plenty tomorrow and Sunday.

I hope that everyone had a good day and wish everyone a good weekend.