Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's the Easter Bonnet Parade at my son's school today, so if you're on Facebook, I should have some photos up by the end of it and you can see our creation. Little Man is so excited. He couldn't get to sleep last night he was so worked up. Their having an Easter egg hunt too.

marielle - oh dear! Hitting a water pipe. That's not fun! And the floor on top of that. Ugh. I hope it'll work out okay, not to mention relatively cheaply!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I went to bed last night at about 10:30--and didn't get back up until 10:30 this morning. So that meant no pork chops or anything like that for me, but it was for the best. I haven't been getting the best of sleep lately, so that really helped out today.

The snowstorm wasn't as bad as it was though to be, mostly because by the time I left for work, they had been plowed and the temperatures were above freezing. Of course, when my father had to take my mother to work, the road crews didn't do crap to the roads so they had an interesting ride to where she works.

And with no new Top Gear on tonight (tonight's just re-runs and stuff), I have a pretty open evening, though I do plan on going to sleep early again, just because it worked out so well for me last night/today. I also would like to make those pork chops I wanted to make last night, too, and get a few things together for tomorrow possibly.

Other than that, I haven't been up to much today. I won't work on my fan fic until probably tomorrow night because I do have work tomorrow, but I'm off Wed, and I have an open weekend with no major motorsports events or anything because of Easter.

Hi again everyone.

It's a good thing that I planned on getting to bed early, because I might be headed to work early tomorrow. One of my co-workers is pretty ill, so I might be getting a phone call early in the morning asking if I could work in relief of her. I don't mind the extra hours at work, but I'd rather it not come because she's insanely ill.

So we'll have to wait to see how it goes. I did plan on going to sleep early anyways, so it's not a big deal for me, but I'd rather not for my co-worker and friend to be sick.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

The Easter Bonnet Parade went really well. There are photos up on Facebook.

I've got to work for our business and for Rochelle today, so I'm free to go and see The Host tomorrow!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I didn't go into work early, but I did stay late and I'll be working tomorrow because I swapped days off so I'll be off Friday. Which means no fan fic work or anything like that until Thursday night. But at least it gives me a three day weekend.

I had a decent day at work, and I have something that i can work on for a while tomorrow. I won't complain about the extra hours aside from the face that I'm getting them because my co-worker is sick--with two ear infections and strep throat. So she's in pretty bad shape, and I don't want that for her naturally.

At least I got some new pop to try, and I'll bring a bottle of that stuff a day to work if it's good. And I still have pork chops left over from last night. They'll go in the deep fryer (the one that's called Bella--I think I explained that on Friday?) to get heated up and that'll be dinner tonight.

And by working the next couple of days, I'll take advantage and get my change rounded up and cashed into dollar bills so I won't have to carry around so much metal in my pockets now. And did I mention that I'll now be getting a three day weekend out of this? Only complication is that Friday's pay day, and I don't know if I'll be willing to make an extra trip or wait until Monday when I also get my social security refilled. I guess that I just have to make that up as I go?

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Wow it's slow here... I guess it's time to kick some butt on FB and get the girls back here...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it here yesterday. I'm so busy at the moment with getting my house ready for my bday that I don't have time to sit down anymore...

Lynne, I saw the pictures on FB of that bonnet parade... I have never seen anything like that before. I like the idea. it's nice and simple...

Who is going to see the Host??? I saw it's out in the cinema's here. but I'm not sure if I have time to go see it...

Well I'm off again...
I hope I can make it back a few more times this week but I can't promise anything...
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm off to see The Host this morning! I'm really looking forward to it, although I am annoyed because the cinema I usually go to, which is really cheap, doesn't have its first session until 1.10 pm! If I go to that one, I won't be home in time to pick Little Man up from school, so I'm going to have to go to the more expensive cinema, which has a morning session. :rant: :rant: :rant:

I'm going to do a video review when I'm done, so you can find out what I thought. But I'll post something here too, in case you don't want to watch it.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Pretty long day at work, and I'll have an even longer one tomorrow. I now go in from 10-3. Not that bad, but it seems that more often than not, things come in bursts of extremes--either almost nothing at all to do, or there's a lot to do in a short period of time. There's not much of a steady state where I just have a project to work on.

I don't know, today was kinda glum and tiring. It just didn't really have the vibe that the past couple of days had. Maybe if things were more like spring, it would be better.

As I said, I'll be having a three day weekend out of this, and I hope to be able to work on my fan fic a bit over that time.

I have a few things to also get straightened out with money and the like, but right now, I'm a bit tired and I'll probably be taking a nap as soon as I get done on here tonight. Just feel kinda run down for some reason.

I'll be back later :)

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

Whoa, it is seriously quiet around here! I've been busy with work and studying and somehow getting distracted by the Sims 3. Terrible, like I need another distraction! ;) My house continues to be a wreck though I've been keeping up with laundry and dishes.

Tonight we're going to dye eggs with my parents just for fun since Jason and my parents love hard boiled eggs (Ew) so we may as well make them look pretty.

Lynne-I saw the photos online, the bonnet looked nice! Have fun seeing the Host, it's not something I think I'll see. I haven't bothered to read the book either.

Okay, I'm off to do a bit of cleaning before Jason gets home.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I went to see The Host today, and here is my review, in invisible ink in case you don't want any details about it. There are spoilers in it for those of you who haven't read the book:

I saw The Host today. Sad to say, it really disappointed me. I was expecting it to be great, and went to a lot of trouble to be able to get there today, so the disappointment is even greater.

Overall, one word describes my opinion of the movie, and the irony is not lost on me. It was soulless. Soulless and clinical. In spite of the fact that I already care deeply about all the characters in the story, I found it hard to care for any of them at all. They just didn't engage me. Also, they didn't seem to explain enough of the storyline. The introduction of the souls and how they arrived was too quick. I liked their look and everything, but there was just a monologue from Jeb to tell the audience what happened. We also didn't see much of soul society, something that I felt was really lacking. It would have been good to have even a brief scene of Wanda actually living with the other souls before Melanie made her rebel.

That was another thing that annoyed me. Melanie. She was so damn irritating, especially at the start. I also think they started her talking too quickly. I think they should have eased into it more. She also talked way too much. It was very distracting at times.

The majority of the performances seemed strained. I think Saoirse deserves a lot of applause when she had such a difficult job, and most of the time I could believe it, but there were a couple of times when it didn't work for me. Max Irons dropped the ball with acting (and his accent) a couple of times. I'm pleased to say that Jake Abel impressed me as Ian. He did a fine job, but his romance with Wanda was, again, introduced too quickly. We were expected to accept it with virtually no development at all. He was strangling her in one scene, then five minutes later (and I'm being literal here) he was smiling and listening to her stories. Ten minutes after that he was kissing her. I couldn't buy their relationship when it took so little to develop it. Chandler Canterbury, who plays Jamie, was a bit hit and miss. Sometimes he got it, sometimes he didn't. William Hurt was on track as Jeb, though.

I didn't like 'Pet' (Wanda's new body). In fact, her introduction and Wanda leaving her old body, which they spent a bit of dialogue time on, did not work. When she was saying goodbye to Mel I found that effective, but I thought the guy who played Doc was hopeless. He didn't seem very upset that Wanda was telling him to kill her. And the scene with Wanda arriving in a new body had no real emotional impact at all.

There were a few touches I liked, especially with the souls, but I won't mention them because they weren't in the books. But all in all, I was not impressed, and I don't have any desire to see it again. I may still, though, as I have a friend who wants to see it. If I do go back it will be interesting to see if it seems any better the second time.

Oh, and the music sucked, too.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!

Well my heating pipe is fixed... the plumber came by yesterday evening to fix it... it went better than I expected.
Today I'll be focusing on getting the hole in my floor fixed and getting food in the house for the easter holidays. I still need to order a cake because I have no time to bake one and figure out what to do for dinner...

in other words busy busy busy...

Lynne, I'm sorry that the Host was so disappointing... I haven't read the book nor will I go watch the movie. I'll watch it once it's out on dvd but I wanted to know if it was any good. from the trailers I saw it looked okay though it's not my taste of genre...

Sarah, thanks for mentioning the eggs... I have to put them on my shopping list. there is no easter without eggs...
I know how you feel about the house. with the floor still a mess my house feels like a tornado went through it...

Sean, is easter monday a holiday in the US? here it is... one of the few holidays we have. I'm looking forward to a long weekend as well...

In other news... My Garfield has his birthday today!!! He is turning one and is officially kitten off... though he still really behaves like one...I'm thinking about taking raw fish home for him as a treat but I'm not sure if he'll like it and fish is expensive.

anyway...
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house