Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've mostly been asleep today. I do plan on finishing up some things tonight before I call it a night, because I do have work tomorrow. I mostly want to finish looking up a few things that I started looking up earlier this weekend and get me something to eat before I go to bed.

Other than that, I haven't really been up to much. After the strange week I had last week, I'll be glad to get back to something more normal this week. I also have to get laundry and some of my money out of the bank. I do hope that this week is more "normal" than the last one.

I also sort of hope to work on my fan fic tonight, but since I didn't get to work on it any of the past nights, I'm not getting my hopes up, since I do have work tomorrow and Wed. will be my only day off during the week. It's possible that I might be able to work on it tonight, but that's only if there's enough time between when I get done with my other stuff, dinner and getting some sleep.

I hope everyone had a good Easter.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

It's still quiet around here ...

Little Man's got two weeks of school holidays at the moment. Fortunately, I've already got a lot on for them, so they should got quickly. It's not anything amazing today though - just grocery shopping. I hope everyone had a lovely Easter!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got home and took a nap after work, which is probably for the best because I have, well, not much to do tonight. It's cold, and probably a good night to just sleep in and get ready for tomorrow and Wed. Though I don't work on Wed, I'd like to use that day and Tues. night for catching up on fan fic and working on other things, especially the fan fic, since I haven't gotten much of a chance to work on it recently.

I did try some of the Arby's mini turkey sandwiches, which were pretty good but I didn't eat all of them yet. I was stuffed after 1 1/2 of them. I've saved the rest for later.

Other than that, well, I worked, went to the bank, and went home. Pretty much a normal day, though Friday, there'll be a party at work for someone who's getting married and will be moving. But aside from that, it was, well, normal for the first time in about a week.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

....Tracy glances around furtively, sneaks upstairs from the Halfway House basement where she's been hiding all along, and hopes the locks haven't been changed..... :blush:

Hello everyone~

I'm sorry for my terrible posting habits the past month or so, and I'm determined to get back into the swing of things here at the Halfway House. I've missed all of my sibs, but have been lurking regularly in an attempt to keep up with all the goings-on around here. ;) We've been busy with the usual.... school and work, AAU basketball practices and weekend tournaments for my daughter, recreational baseball for my son, a full slate of services and choir/quartet rehearsals at church the week of Easter, etc. We've all been relatively healthy throughout the winter with only minor sniffles and colds, and for that, I'm thankful.

Lynne~ I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter, too. Do you attend Maundy Thursday and/or Good Friday services as part of Easter week? I'm sure Little Man is thrilled to have some special time to spend with Mom during his school holidays. I read your review of The Host; thanks for posting. I haven't read the book and don't really have any desire to see the movie, especially after reading your review. I usually have an affinity for sci-fi and should probably give the book a chance. Where are you in the process of publication and release of The Heir?

Sean~ How are things at work, and have you found time at home to work on your fanfic? I hope you enjoyed your three day weekend.

Songbird~ I'm sure your kids enjoyed hunting for Easter eggs. I bet the school is glad to have you onboard to help regularly with various activities, and I imagine they'll make good use of your creative and organizational talents. Do they know you're quite the baker? ;) I saw your Facebook post about the death of Richard Griffiths, and that is so very sad. You're right.... he was featured in the play, Equus alongside Dan Radcliffe, and seemed to be an very talented actor. I believe he's the third cast member the Harry Potter series has lost.....along with Richard Harris as Dumbledore, and a young actor in a very minor role who was tragically murdered several years ago.

Sarah~ We, too have Hobby Lobby and I enjoy browsing there as well. Good luck as you discern what's best for you and hubs as far as your job is concerned. I hope you enjoyed your Easter service at church. I'm sorry about the "cooling off" of the relationship with one of your former best friends. It can be difficult to maintain some friendships throughout all aspects of our lives, even when we think we're doing a lot to cultivate those friendships. I agree with Songbird that the strength of relationships and friendships can vary, according to specific phases of our lives. I think it's even more difficult when you have children, as our interests and social activities are often impacted by our children, and our leisure time is more limited than when we were first married. I'm sad that my husband and I have lost touch with several friends with whom we socialized frequently a number of years ago. Two couples have moved out of town (one couple far out of state), and a third couple's children attend different schools and are involved in completely different activities than our children. It's unfortunate that our friendships can often be affected by the constraints of time and distance.

Marielle~ It sounds as if you had a wonderful birthday, and the photo book from your Mom was such a lovely idea. Enjoy your thirties, and try not to stress too much about concrete plans (or lack of....). You can still set goals for yourself, strive to meet them, and have fun.....at any age. ;) I'm sorry you've had to deal with a broken pipe and hole in the floor and hope both issues are resolved/repaired as quickly as possible. Garfield is already one year old?!

Jaclyn~ It's good to see you, but you've posted more frequently than me in recent weeks. I can't believe Baby E. is four years old! My, how time flies. I, too worked Good Friday and the Monday after Easter; they aren't offiical holidays here. I was pretty certain you'd fall in love with The Mortal Instruments series, and Jace, in particular. 8-) I actually prefer Cassanda Clare's preqel series, the Infernal Devices. Let me know if you ever decide to read that trilogy.

Missp~ Miss you and hope that school, teaching, your family, and your faith are fulfilling and enjoyable for you.

Desiree~ It's good to see you here too! That's a bummer that you had classwork while your kids were on spring break. I hope all of you are well.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

I’m sorry I failed to drop in yesterday. We have been extremely busy for a day off. We fixed the floor upstairs. I got started on repainting the last door. My bf got started on building cabinets and we got all the groceries for a week. Therefore I didn’t have much time to make a post.

I have started on re-reading City of Bones again. I got stuck somewhere halfway. Thanks to Jaclyn being willing to send me a spoiler I picked it up again…

Anyway,

Sarah, I believe I got my ipod fixed again. I think it got cranky about not having enough power and needing an update. I hope it will work today in the gym. I hate the music in my gym and are completely depended on my ipod for staying there long enough to go through my exercises.
Yes, I take it one day at the time and see what crosses my path. It got something liberating not to have expectations.

Susan, the dutch version is a short contemporary version of the last days of Christ. I normally don’t watch something like that. It’s a story and not even a good one to me. I’m absolutely not Christian. However the Passion that was on Thursday had a really good cast and was therefore really nice to watch. They did it brilliantly.

Desiree, maybe you should try to get your Iphone reboosted. It worked for my Ipod.

Hey Tracy, hihi we won’t change the locks… maybe only the name…
Yeah, the get is now officially kitten off. Though he still behaves like a kitten. I always thought cats were really independent but Garfield is very attached and dependent on us. Just like a kitten.

Alright I don’t have much else for today.
I have tons of work laying around.

See you all later!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - The Heir has gone to print now. I don't know when advance copies are expected, but you'll hear about it pretty quickly when I do have one! If you like sci-fi you should try reading The Host. I really enjoyed the book. The first quarter is a bit slow, but after that it picks up. I'm so disappointed that the movie sucked, not least because it gives the Twilight bashers more ammunition. I've been watching them smack their lips at the opportunity to declare that, because the movie version of The Host isn't that great, it's another sign that SM is a poor writer, which is rubbish. I'm getting really sick of being members of various sci-fi fan communities who vilify Twilight every other day. I'm cool if they don't like it, but why trash it? Just get over it and enjoy your own fandom, I say.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello Everyone!

I'm back from my trip to visit Daughter Dear in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was a fantastic trip - great to see her and have all four of us together again having meals, and going out together. (Sonny Boy went with us) There's so much to say about it, but I don't have enough energy right now to go into detail, but basically, we met everyone she interfaces with there and they were sooooooo warm and friendly. They love her, and therefore, loved us!. DD's Spanish is excellent and she had to translate for us the whole time. The weather was perfect - warm and sunny. Great Ice cream!!

The downside is that BA (with the exception of the center of the city) is a little on the ugly side - graffiti, trash, and disrepair everywhere. Also occasional dog poop on the sidewalks. All the houses have locked gates to very small front yards and bars on windows! It was hard for me to get used to that. At least I know she is safe. Actually, it felt very safe there. I think it is just that people don't like to rely on the police there because of their history of oppressive government, so they take it upon themselves to protect against theft.

It was REALLY hard on my knees - a lot of walking and standing on trains and busses. Plus stairs. I was exhausted. The good thing was that I didn't gain any weight even though I was eating more.

NEWS FLASH! JEN JEN HAD HER BABY THIS MORNING AT 11:15 AM EASTERN TIME
Her little baby girl Harlow is 9lbs 2oz with strawberry blonde hair.

Now on to your posts-

Marielle - That's terrible about the water pipe leak! I can only imagine the words your bf uttered upon drilling through the pipe! And all of that damage to the floor. I'm glad you've got it all fixed now. Whew! Regarding your 30's - make some fun goals. How about a job working with people? Some kind of sales? You have a lot of charm and charisma.

Tracy - Welcome back! I was thinking too about how since winter is finally over (sort of) we can get back to having some fun.

Tonise
- I love seeing that bold purple font here on the thread! Thanks for dropping by. See you over at facebook!

Desiree - Good luck on all of those papers. I hate writing long papers. They make me so nervous. Especially research papers. Don't worry about being behind on MI - you will easily catch up. We're not discussing it too much because with multi-book series, there are bound to be spoilers as people are on varying stages of reading.

Jaclyn - It's so great to see you posting again. I never sent you a text on my vacation because my world phone didn't work in Argentina. Luckily I discovered that before leaving.

Sean - A Blue Persian is the kind of gray that is edging its way to a blueish tone. You know those old ladies who seem to almost have blue-gray hair? At least that what I think it means. Those cats are beautiful!

Lynne
- How exciting to have your book being printed right now! Regarding The Host - the movie. Well, I guess I should actually read the book first then so I can fully enjoy the story. I'm surprised the movie wasn't good - the trailer looked awesome.

Song
- We had a really cold Easter too. So much for spring clothing! It's great that you're involved with your children's school. Not only is it fun, but it is a great way to get to know the teachers, the other parents, and the other kids. I always found that I had a little more "pull" with the teachers because they knew me.

Sarah - When I read your experience with your Maid of Honor a/k/a former friend, I was saddened because I could really feel those feelings. Not that I've had the exact thing happen, but I've had friends just "disappear" for no known reason. It is so hurtful! As you said, you tried to keep in touch, so it wasn't anything you did. Still, it leaves you wondering. In my experience, fb wasn't around so I wasn't subject to continual reminders of it - you'll have to protect yourself somehow from seeing too much.

Tonight I'm participating in a speech contest for Toastmasters (my first!) I won the contest at the club level, and now I'm advancing to the Area level. I'm not really in the mood to do it, but I'll rally. I don't really care if I win - I just want to do well and not embarrass myself. My speech is entitled, "Why Can't They Just Learn English?" and it is about how people should show more compassion towards immigrants learning English. It's all from my personal experience as an ESL Teacher.

I'll try to post 3-4 times a week. Every day might be difficult since I still have to share the laptop with Hubs.

Bye for Now!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for our family business this morning. Little Man will be looked after by my parents while I do so. I'm having issues with our dog too. He's becoming aggressive with other dogs when we go for a walk. I'm probably going to have to get an animal behaviourist in. I just hope we can afford it.

Susie - yes, it is exciting about my book, although the idea of having one published at all become more daunting by the day, especially as I realise just how many books and authors are out there trying to do what I'm doing. Competition is intense. Does my book stand a chance? I don't know. Yes, I too was really surprised that The Host was so bad. But bad movies can have good trailers.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First of all, congrats to Jennifer on the birth of Harlow. As I told one of my friends last night, I haven't experienced something like this in a very long time, and never in person. I'd like to one day, even if it's another friend giving birth or something of that nature. I already posted on Jennifer's page about the birth.

As for me, I had a bit of a slow day at work, and that was because I got everything done that I needed to before 1:00, so I had a hour of scrounging around for stuff to do. Tonight's supposed to be cold and crap like that (at least it'll be--hopefully--one of the last nights like this until next winter), but at least after I get done with watching the US Top Gear season finale, I'll have all night to work on a few things, such as my fan fic--finally! I know that it's been two weeks, but I now will have some time to work on it tonight and tomorrow, and I also now have an idea on what I want to do with it.

And it will also finally warm up on Thursday, and there will be damn sure some nights were the wood stove can burn out--and some days where maybe it can stay out, too. After all, its supposed to be almost 60 by Saturday.

So that's all I have planned, and I'll be using it being warm in the coming days to get more done than I've been able to with the crappy cold weather. At least the sun's made an appearance where I live, something that's been rare all winter.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Wow, it's so nice to have so much to read from everyone :)

After a marathon day yesterday-worked both jobs-I got to get out early unexpectedly and came home to take a glorious nap :) I'm settling in to do some studying before The Voice but wanted to check in with everyone here.

Song- the only Hobby Lobby we had previously was about an hour and a half away so having one ten minutes away is brilliant :) they were having great sales and my Mom and I had fun walking around, getting inspiration :)

Marielle-I'm so glad your iPod is working again! I felt the same way when I went to the gym..though some of the machines had TVs on them so I'd bike for half an hour and watch cable shows we don't get :) Sounds like you had a busy weekend..I hope things are finally nearly done with your home improvements for now. I'm more of a person that requires a plan..it's driving me nuts about not knowing what to do after graduation!

Lynne-I attempted to explain the Host to someone today from what you've written and what I read on the back of the book and failed miserably. That anti-Twilight stuff really bothers me too!

Susie-thanks for your sympathy :) I blocked her from my feed so I didn't even see the engagement announcement until a mutual friend told me! I've been praying about it a lot and I'm finally somewhat at peace and am using my energy to my other friendships. Good luck with your Toastmasters speech! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Buenos Aires..any word on the job front for your hubby?

Tracy-good to see you around again! The Easter service was good..I'm hoping we'll get in the habit of going regularly again..maybe I can make more friends that way :) I've noticed with my friends with kiddos that things tend to change and since we're not that far away from it, I'm looking forward to it. My best friend is getting married this fall as well. Your kids sound busy but it sounds fun! Basketball is entertaining to watch.

I'm off to eat and study..have a good day all!