Hello There, Siblings of the Halfway House!
Well, I guess I miscalculated when I estimated that I'd post 3-4 times the past week! It was only once! Sorry about that. Of course you will forgive me because when I'm not posting, and I have my laptop, I'm working on my memoir about YOU!
Results of the speech contest - alas, I didn't win, but that's totally OK with me. Frankly, I think I was disqualified on time - if you go over 7 min 30 sec you're disqualified. I saw the red card meaning 7 minutes and knew I had 30 seconds left and got all flustered and even flubbed my final line, which I've NEVER done before! I was embarrassed. Otherwise, everything about the speech was really good. I've only been in Toastmasters for 7 months, so everyone was really impressed. I was competing against people with many years under their belts.
As you've probably seen on facebook - I met up with Chrissy on Friday - we had a rendez-vous at the O'Hare Hilton where she was attending the Vampire Diaries convention. She is really a lovely young lady.
Now on to your posts -Lynne
– Sorry you are having problems with your dog! Is this a change in behavior? If so, I wonder what caused him to start doing that. Yes, publishing is scary these days, especially with e-readers. I shudder to think of what I’ll have to do through when I’m ready to peddle my book. What’s Dreamworld?Sarah
– Thanks for asking about my husband’s job search. He has an interview on Tuesday, so fingers crossed. He’s starting to be more strategic about the jobs and companies he applies for. We’re blessed with a lot of job openings here in the Twin Cities, but many aren’t a good fit.Marielle
– I’m so glad you don’t have too long in between vacations there so you always have something to look forward to. I won’t even say anything about how it’s good you don’t live in the U.S. with only 2 weeks vacation…. I know what you mean about a sales job being stressful. I just meant that you would be good working with people. Marketing or training sound good. Keep it in mind for when the economy improves which will be soon, I hope. I can’t wait to see Rob’s Dior commercial!
– Nice to see you back! I was gone for a week in Argentina, and since then have only posted once. I’m becoming a once or twice a week sort of poster. That’s sad news about SM not wanting to finish MS, but I have to say I can understand her being “done” with Twilight. It would probably be hard to get in the zone again to write about it. It’s funny how we fans feel she owes it to us somehow.
– I’m glad you had a better day today. I hope you can keep your job. It seems to work out well for you.Songbird
– How horrible that people criticize your Dutch, especially your MIL. Sheesh! How well does she speak English? Most people don’t understand what is involved in learning a new language as an adult. Hang in there. I will continue to advocate for my students.Have a great week, everyone!