Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Hello, everyone! I am glad to see a few of the old faces have popped in to say hello!
I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I need to finish Bug’s birthday invitations and this weekend is Hub’s birthday, plus we never got to celebrate my MIL’s birthday so we’re celebrating both this weekend. Hubs and I are going to see The Host on Friday night and then we’re all going out to dinner on Saturday night. Should be fun, but we’re staying overnight at my inlaws’ house, which I don’t really like doing. And I need to make a cake for Hubs, then Monday I have a meeting for the board for Choir (I’m a board member now), Tuesday is choir rehearsal. Thank goodness we moved Bug’s swimming lessons to Monday, too, so I get both kids’ lessons out of the way in one time. I was a bit upset yesterday, though. It was Bug’s first time in the Monday group. She’s been at Seal level (next is Penguin) for a couple of months, but this was the first time with this particular teacher. I watched through the window upstairs that overlooks the pool the whole time. Bug was one of the few kids who could swim through the deepest hole, she swam faster with cleaner strokes than 2/3 of the kids, kept having to swim around them so she didn’t run into them...the only thing she was behind on was diving because her group never did that before and apparently this group does it every week. At the end of the lesson, EVERYONE in the group got the diploma to move on to Penguin level...except Bug. (it usually takes about 6 weeks per level) So I asked the teacher what I need to work with her on...he says “well this was her first time.” I said no it wasn’t and started to explain that we’d just switched times, he cut me off and said he knew that, but that it was her first time with HIM and he needed to watch her longer before he could say she was ready. I ask him what I can help her with..,he says “Nothing...I’LL do that.” So apparently he just didn’t pay any attention at all and doesn’t know how well she can swim. So then I go to get her dressed, and one of her friends, who happened to be in the same group yesterday, has the diploma to go on to Penguin and her big sister (about 16 years old) says “Guess what? M--- was in the Seal group for the very first time today, and she already gets to move on to Penguins!!!” So MY kid has to stay longer, supposedly so the teacher can observe her longer...why doesn’t he need to observe M--- longer? It was her first time in his group, too! I think he got them mixed up, personally...I think he thought Bug was there for the first time and that M was the one who had been in that level for a while, but rather than admit he made a mistake, Bug gets to be the scapegoat, and I get to pay for lessons longer. So ticked. We’re going to investigate further next week, and I hope we can figure something out, because this is just unfair to us, and dangerous for the little girl who gets moved on to a level she’s not ready for. I watched her and she barely kept her head up when they were floating, and struggled with swimming the whole length of the longer pool. She’s not ready to move on yet , and that can be very dangerous for her. But, it’s not my business I guess. I'm more worried about the complete LIE the teacher handed me.

Lynne, I am so excited about your book! The proof looked great in the picture!
Dreamworld sounds fun. Do they have shows and such like Disney, or is it all rides? And is it based on fairytales or something? Here they have De Efteling, which is like Disney, but then instead of being based on Disney characters and films, it’s based on fairytales...like Little Red Riding hood, etc.

Sarah, that’s the way my job works, too...they call me if they need me. Sometimes I wish I had regular, set hours, but I do like the flexibility, and it’s good I don’t have set hours as I wouldn’t be able to go home this summer if I did. But I work in a warehouse, and there are 2 parts...gathering orders and packing orders. If you are gathering orders, it’s non-stop walking. If you are packing, you stand the whole time, but at least then I didn’t have to walk.

Sean, glad you had a better day! Is it really warm there, then? I’m still wearing sweaters every day here. Do you have set days that you do laundry, then or it’s laundry day because you have no clean clothes left?

Suzan, it’s so good to see you! It seems like ages!

Susie, once a week is better than nothing! We’ll take it! (I haven’t been on much either, honestly.) Too bad you didn’t win the speech contest, but it sounds like you did well, and you got some experience.
My MIL is pretty decent with English, but not as good as I am with Dutch. But they figure since I live here, it’s more important that I speak well..which I DO, but they look for mistakes. And no, I don’t think she has any clue how difficult it is to learn a new language as an adult, and certainly not to be scrutinized in your every sentence, or in every aspect of your life about how you are “adapting” to a new culture. “Dutch people would never wear something like that” or “Dutch people don’t do that”. But, with my MIL it’s not just me that she does that to...she’s just very direct and opinionated and if she doesn’t like your shirt, or your makeup, etc, she’ll ask you why you wore it and tell you it’s ugly. And she doesn’t understand why people take offense. I should send you a copy of “Undutchables”...I thought it exaggerated the culture for humor purposes... then I moved here and found out it’s not an exaggeration at all.

Marielle, I’m so sorry you aren’t feeling well! That sucks! Feel better soon!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man and I are doing lots of visiting this week. We're going to a friend's place this morning, and he will play with her son while we chat. I don't mind those days!

Our nice 40 inch TV, which we've only had for about 18 months, has decided to die on us, so I need to try and find a new one today. I'm not impressed. It's a pain in the neck to do these things at the best of times. I haven't really been happy with this TV anyway. There have always been moments when I thought it wasn't working quite right. We got it as a swap for some work we did for the company, so we don't have any paperwork to claim a warranty. Oh well. Never mind.

Songbird - I'm sorry to hear about Bug's swimming lesson. It does sound like the guy made a mistake and wasn't man enough to admit it. I hope the situation improves or you can get another teacher. Dreamworld doesn't do a lot of shows - it's more rides - and it does have some themes. They have a Shrek theme and a Kung Fu Panda theme and a Madagascar theme as well, as well as another section with a gold rush theme. Things like that. It's good fun. Yeah, the proof is pretty good. I haven't found any more mistakes yet, which is reassuring.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a great day at work where I was able to keep busy with a bunch of little things. This is the first day in a while where I didn't go straight to bed after lunch/dinner or what ever my after work meal is.

Speaking of which, I got a Domino's large three topping pizza after work that I shared with my siblings. I'd recommend that for a meal. It was a long wait to get it made and a long trip home with it, but it was worth it.

As for me, I'm probably gonna maybe read in bed/take a nap after I'm done with looking up some stuff, then I'll play on the PS2 for a while and hopefully finish reading a book that I've been working on for a while.

Oh, and I do have plans on working on my fan fic tonight and tomorrow.

That's basically how my day went. I've only had about 4 hours of sleep, but today, I've actually felt better than I have in quite a while.

Songbird: We have a day where we do laundry, and that's usually Sunday night/Monday morning, and we pick it up from my parent's house Monday before I go into work.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!

I’m back at the office! Not that I’m feeling much better. I was really sick Friday and Saturday and I need more time to recover but I was fed up with staying at home. I just hope that with a bit distraction it will go a bit better soon.

So I’m going to try and catch up a bit.

Suzanne, how are you doing?
I don’t know about SM giving up Twilight. I don’t think she can. She has mentioned some ideas and I that in time she’ll come back to it.
I’ve been wondering about the Dior add as well. I know in Holland it won’t be a problem to air it, in the US it might be. Than again they can have a daytime edited version and a late night good version. I know they shot multiple adds.

Lynne, I saw that you got the first printed version of your book! Congrats! How did it feel?

Susie, were you in Chicago for a reason already or only to meet up with Chrissy? I bet you had lots of fun.
I can’t wait to go on that holiday. I just hope by then that I’m back to my old self again. Right recovering feels like a long road but I’m on the right track.
I have been thinking that I would like to try my hand in Hotel marketing or something like that, I don’t have the papers to do it but I do have some experience in the marketing area.

Susan, I’m sorry the swimming teacher was such a *ss… It has probably something to do with his ego. They tend to be big with Swimming instructors.

Hello to Sean!!! (are you going to watch the F1 this weekend?)

Alright, I have a massive backlog of work…
See you all later!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - it felt good! It will feel better when Rochelle stops emailing me and saying, "I'm still not happy with the cover!" It's supposed to go to the final print tonight, so then she will have to stop!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

HELLO EVERYONE!

How are you all? It's so nice to see more posts than usual. However, does anyone know why Caryn doesn't seem to be posting here any more?? It's a wee shame!

Anyway, it is out first wedding anniversary on Sunday! Mental eh?? We are going away for the night & staying at the place we got married. Should be good!

We have a busy couple months ahead. We have 2 weddings (my wee cousin & one of our friends), a Hen Night, a 40th birthday party, 2 other nights out, 2 weekends away and 2 of our best friend's birthdays!! It's going to be really busy AND really expensive!! But should be good apart from that :)

Nothing new going on here though. I am still reading The Mortal Instruments. I am now just about to start City of Lost Souls. I very much heart Jace. He is defo helping the lack of EdwardStuffRecently-spot in my heart!! ;)

Couple of random posts:

Susie - Yay for getting to see DaughterDear! I am glad you all had a good time together. How hot is it there? Do you still have snow back home, or is it melting yet?

Songbird - That's horrible of your MiL saying stuff like that!! What does your hubs say about it all?
How's things with your dad going?

Sarah - I hope the studying is going good! I forget - when is your test again?

Marielle - Sorry you were sick, but glad you are feeling a bit better now! How long to go to your holiday? I just LOVE the Canary Islands... they are probably my favourite place in the world! (but not my favourite holiday - that would have to be New York cos it's New York! LOL). We almost always go to Tenerife every year, but looks like this year we won't have much time (or money LOL) for a holiday in the summer!

Lynne - YAAAAAAY for your book!! That is awesome. Final print tonight?? Wow; it's really happening now!!
I'm going to go share the link on my fb again - when is the release date?

Sean - Hey there! My hubs loves Dominoes pizza too. I really like the way the make their dough. But I have my pizzas without cheese, so people normally don't want to share that with me LOL.

Suzan - Hey there! So nice to see you!! :D

Everyone I missed - Hope you are all doing good!! :D

I'm off as we are going out for tea to Nandos - YUM!

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I've got to get Little Man's hair cut today, make a lasagne and take Little Man to a friend's place to play. That's it for me here. School holidays are nearly over!

Jaclyn - the release date is 1st June 2013. By all means, share it again! :) Sometimes it takes a few shares before anyone acts on these things. When the book is released, I'll be doing a personal plea to every single one of my friends, begging for them to share it on their newsfeed.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Well, we've had the first thunderstorms of the year where I live. There's been at least two, but I slept though the first one after I awoke to get a drink of water. And it's rained plenty here. At least I didn't work today, but there's more rain forecast for tomorrow and I do have to go to work then. And, of course, it's supposed to be in the 40's on Friday.

I plan on visiting a new restaurant tomorrow after work. I don't know if we'll bring the stuff home to eat or if we'll eat on site. It depends on what the weather decides to do.

I did work a bit on fan fic last night, and I plan on maybe doing more tonight, but between watching some stuff, doing one or two things that need to be wrapped up and getting ready for work tomorrow, which I have to leave early to withdraw money from the bank for a few things, I might not be able to do much with that.

But anyways, that's what I have on top tonight. Not very much interesting, but at least my fan fic is about to take an interesting turn--feel free to ask me about it unless you don't want spoiled.

Marielle: I plan on watching the F1 race this weekend and all the practices and such if they're on TV. I have to finish up preparing for that after work on Friday.

Jaclyn: That's how I usually eat the pizzas I make myself! The Chef Boyardee and Bobili pizzas I make are packed with sauce and pepperoni, but I rarely put any cheese on them. That just seems to be something that the pizza joints do a lot better than I can.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Whew! I have a few minutes to sneak on here quickly :) It's nice to see it so busy! I've been playing the Sims 3 at night during TV time but I wanted to come by and say hello!

My studying has stalled for a few days since I'm working more than usual, but it's going quite well. I'm now for sure looking at the first week of May since I'm feeling very confident with the material..just not enough brain power at the end of the day to consistently study!

Song-I read about Bug's swimming drama yesterday..that doesn't sound good at all! I'm sorry! Working in a warehouse sounds kind of fun but tiring!

Lynne-it's nice to see all the promo stuff for The Heir on Facebook :) are you getting excited? What's the exact release date?

Susie-how'd the interview go? Any word yet?

Suzan-I love both THG's soundtrack and the instrumentals, just like I love all the Twilight instrumentals :) Gorgeous, gorgeous music! I'll have to check out that soundtrack you mentioned! I dearly hope SM will write the book that shall not be named ;) give her some time, I think she will!

Hi Marielle! Glad to hear you're feeling better!! Hope you're able to get caught up with work soon!

Okay, I'm off :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sarah - 1st June 2013. That's the day I'm having my launch. The copies should arrive before that. It was sent to print yesterday.