Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Suzan »

Happy day after HumpDay!! Adorable! :D

I’m sick with the flu. Again. This is really not my season. I’m so tired of this cold all the time. Bring on the spring already! I’d really hoped I would be better today, since I have to be at the univ tonight and probably have to give a presentation. But my voice is just not cooperating. Wish me luck…

The-book-that-shall-not-be-named – I’m definitely with you guys in hoping that SM will go back to the Twilight world in a few years. Maybe I’m just a little pessimistic in thinking: from delaying comes cancelation (direct translation of a Dutch saying, don’t know if there’s a similar English saying).

Lynne – Congratulations on getting the first copy of your novel! I think I missed the link for pre-orders. Could you post it again if it’s not too much trouble? Really excited to read more than the first chapter. Sorry about your tv. Those things are always annoying. And be careful, because as they say here, things like that always come in three. The dryer and the dishwasher at my parents broke recently so we’re just waiting for the third thing to fail on us as well. ;)

Susie – I think I read about your trip to Argentina. It must have been really great to have the family together for a while and see what your daughter has been up to. I bet you’re very proud of her. I’m guessing that Toastmasters is more about the experience than about winning, so congratulations for participating! :)

Marielle – I’m sorry you were sick earlier this week. Glad you’re feeling a little bit better. Did you have the flu as well? My mom has been sick for a whole week now and my dad had it for a while as well. I read this is the longest flu-season we’ve had in 20 years. I guess you’re right about the multiple versions of the Dior add. Maybe we’ll get a director’s cut on youtube or something… Eek!

Susan – Lot’s of birthdays for you these weeks! In stead of thinking about the stress, just think of how much birthday cake you’ll get to eat. ;) Sorry about the drama at the swimming pool. How long does Bug have to stay in the lower group now before she can move up? I always have a bad impression of the whole swimming lessons regulation here in NL. They just push you through the system and if you can’t for some reason fit in the system then that’s just bad luck for you. When she was younger, my aunt literally got pushed into the pool by her teacher when she was terrified of going in. And I was sick on the day of my exam for the c-diploma, but there was just absolutely no possible way for me to take it on another day. The whole thing is just ridiculous in my opinion. Sorry, getting off my soapbox now.

Jaclyn – Good to see you as well! Congratulations already for your wedding anniversary! I can’t believe it’s been a year since you were nervous about flower arrangements and bridesmaids’ dresses, haha. I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun with all your upcoming plans.

Sean – Glad you’re feeling a bit better these days. Since you’ve talked about airplanes a bit here and there, do you have any of those remote controlled airplane models? I saw this program, Auction Hunters, the other day and they found one of those. Apparently, it was valued at about 10.000 dollars! It’s crazy to think that someone would pay that for what is basically just a toy.

Sarah – The Sims 3 is one of my guilty pleasures as well! I have to be careful or I can play for days and days on end. It’s addictive, hihi. It’s hard to combine work and study, isn’t it. Especially if you have two jobs. I don’t know how you do it. What were you studying again? (Sorry, my memory is failing me a bit at the moment.) Good luck at least!

Okay, I have to go study now in preparation for tonight. Hope I’ll survive it…
See you later! Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Busy busy day today! I baked hub’s birthday cake, did my workout, and I still need to decorate the cake, pack for the night we’re staying at my in-laws’ house, and I still have one more Harry Potter movie to watch today and I’ll probably work on Bug’s birthday invitations while I’m watching. I need to do a bunch of laundry so I CAN pack. Ugh.
I talked to another mother whose daughter was also moved up to Penguin level of swimming on Monday, and that mother said her daughter was only at the Seal level for 3 lessons. So I’m just really wondering if it really was a mistake or what the deal is. Bug has been at this level for around 2 months now...and these other kids are allowed to go through after just a lesson or 3 when Bug swam better than all of them. I don’t get it! She’d better go through on Monday or we are going to be throwing a fit. No wonder so many people take their kids to Zelhem to do swimming lessons instead of taking them here!
Another of Hub’s uncles is sick. 2 have died this year already and now this one has inoperable brain tumors. I guess he’s really tired and he went to the doctor and they did some sort of test that caused him to have a seizure. It doesn’t sound good, so I would appreciate those of you who are inclined to pray, if you could remember him in your prayers. Thank you.

Lynne, sorry about the TV. That doesn’t sound good. Have you talked to the company you did the work for to see if they can fix it or will replace it?
Dreamworld sounds fun!

Sean, wow...only one day a week for laundry? I’d never keep up. I have to do a load or 2 every day!
I heard the weather there was bad. Back home they got a foot of snow in one day and had to close a few roads. It’s been cold and rainy here, but we’re supposed to warm up this Sunday, FINALLY. I hope you get some warmer weather, too!

Marielle, so sorry you are still feeling crappy! It’s going around. Bug’s friend came over to play on Wednesday afternoon and I had her eat here because her mom looked ready to fall over when I went by to ask for the girl’s meds since she forgot to bring them along. Didn’t figure her mom was up to cooking and such.

Jaclyn, great to see you back! I can’t believe it’s almost a year since your wedding! Wow...time flies! Happy Anniversary!
I know Caryn had something at work where she was really busy and she stopped posting as often, but I don’t know if that’s why she’s still not back or not.
Sounds like you will be busy the next couple of months, too! Hub’s birthday is Saturday, Monday I have a board meeting for choir in the evening, then next week is MM’s Godmother’s and her daughters birthday party, plus that morning we have a choreography workshop before the party, the 25th we’re doing a soprano II sectional for choir, then the 26th I’m helping at the school with activities for the crown being passed down to the crown Prince, then the next day my choir is shooting a Lipdub in the morning until 2 in the afternoon, and then I have a birthday party for my friend’s son. Why is it that this time of the year is so insane??? It’s like everyone and their dog either has a birthday, is getting married, or having some other special occasion!
Hubs happened to not be in the room when my MIL made the comments about my dutch. She usually doesn’t say things like that in front of him. He said it was BS when I told him about it, though.
I haven’t talked to my dad in a few days. I got an email from his friend that dad’s phone service isn’t working right so he can’t call. But he was fit enough to get his drivers license renewed once he got his hearing aid, which is good, but he didn’t actually have to DRIVE to get the license renewed, so that’s not encouraging. I am wondering if it would be renewed if they actually experienced his driving. But we’ll see.

Sarah, good luck with the test! I’m sure you’ll do fine.
I wouldn’t say working in a warehouse is fun, but it’s at least not a mentally taxing job. It’s physical, but not hard. And I can hardly complain since I at least have a job.

Suzan, I hope you feel better! Like I told Marielle, it’s certainly going around! There are several people down with it right now. Miserable stuff!
Bug will hopefully only be at Seal level for one more week. When I asked him what I needed to do to get her through (because I thought it was ridiculous that everyone got to move on except her) he said it was only her first time and I told him it wasn’t and then he said he just needed to watch her longer and it could be already next lesson that she goes forward. After talking to another mom yesterday and finding out that HER daughter was only in that group for 3 weeks, he’d BETTER move Bug on after the next lesson because she was swimming better than any of those other kids who got to move on, and if they all got to move on after a week or 3 and Bug has been at this level now for a couple months, I’ll be REALLY ticked if he keeps her even longer. I want her to be able to get her A diploma before they close down for the renovations in June and there’s only one more Afzwem day before then. But I guess the swimming pool here is really bad about lessons. Most people take their kids to Zelhem. It only takes around a year there to get both A and B levels. Bug has been at it for nearly 2 years and doesn't even have her A level yet. They take FORVEVER. And I've heard Arnhem isn't much better. One of my friends there said her son has only ever moved on when she's called to ask about it because it's been taking so long. I suspect it has to do with money...the longer they keep them, the more money they make off of you. In the states, we don't have "diplomas" like they do here. We have swimming lessons, but it's always a set number of weeks and when you're done, you're done...there's no "afzwemmen" or anything. This has just been super frustrating for me because it's hard to keep Bug motivated since she's not enjoying it. And she thinks it's taking so long because she's not good at it, which discourages her, but we've told her she has to get A and B diplomas before she can choose something else like Ballet, because she NEEDS to be able to swim. A few people we know have said that and then recanted, so I am thinking Bug is getting the idea that if she drags her feet long enough, we'll give in, but it's not going to happen...it's just taking a really long time.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to work for Rochelle again today. I'm not sure if I'll be there the whole day or not. If not, I might take Little Man to the movies this afternoon.

We've bought a new TV. It seems to be working well at the moment, although it's different from the previous one in the way it works. It's probably just a question of getting use to it.

Suzan - Sure thing! This is the link to purchasing the paperback version, this is the link to purchasing the Kindle edition.

Songbird - we decided it wasn't worth the trouble. We've got a new TV now, and we'll just be happy with that.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty good day at work, got my money out of the bank and I'll try and use my debit card tomorrow to order something finally.

I tried Steak 'n' Shake, and it was pretty good, but it sucks that it's not very close to home, and it's a few miles even from where I work. Food's great, but it's a way's away from home for sure. I wish that the one that was out by Walmart was still open.

I have a few things to work on before F1 practice tonight and I'll be going to bed, since tomorrow is pay day and I expect to do some grocery shopping after work tomorrow. But other than that, it's just rained like hell here and it's gonna get cool again this weekend before it warms up again. There's also a WEC sportscar race this weekend, too, that I'll be keeping up on.

Suzan: Nope, I don't own anything like that. No place to store it and I'm just not good at remote controlled stuff. However, from doing stuff in the past with motorsports collectables and World War II stuff, I know that anything that's judged to be rare will often be expensive and worth something.

Songbird: We always have had a day set up to do laundry, since we have it done at our parent's house. As I mentioned, it's rained here pretty bad, and it's supposed to cool off tomorrow and over the weekend until it starts to warm up a bit Monday.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody,

Well I’m still not fully recovered. I’m hoping that with the weekend I’ll get a bit more back on track. I’m still feeling pretty shaken up.

Tonight we are going to have a dinner with colleagues. I hope it will be nice. And I hope I’ll be able to stay in good condition until so late.

Anyway, let me catch up with the posts.

Jaclyn, as far as I know Caryn is swamped in RL and doesn’t have the time anymore to do many posts here. It’s still a month until I go on holiday. I really need some sunshine. However this weekend we will get the first real spring weather.

Lynne, how do the books come along?

Sean, tornado season is starting right? Were there warnings already?

Sarah, yep I’m feeling a bit better but I just wish I felt completely okay again.

Suzanne, the flu is going around like crazy here. I think about everybody caught it. I think I had the flu as well, cold, shivering and tired. My bf caught it as well. Only it takes me so much longer to recover. Maybe it’s more in my head than in my body. I tend to worry too much about my health when I had something.

Susan, I’m sorry to hear about your hub’s uncle.
Yes the flu or what ever illness is going around is insane. We got sick so quickly. Within an hour I went from dancing to my ipod on my way to work to feeling absolutely miserable.
I have heard good stories about the Zelhem pool. In the town my parents live swimming classes were given at school. Once a week we would go to the outdoor pool and have swimming classes.

Alright, I still have tons of work to do and no energy to do it. SO I better get something done.

See you all later…
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I had a good day working for Rochelle today. We got a delivery of books in. Next time it will be mine! :D We were busy posting them out to everyone. She also asked me if she could see another manuscript I've been working on. I'd stopped working on it because I thought it was going to be forever before she wanted to see it, but now it looks like I'll have to spruce it up a bit.

marielle - the book has, at last, gone to print. So now we just have to wait for it to be done and delivered! It will probably take about a month. I hope you're feeling better soon.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Going to see The Host tonight, finally! So excited!!

Marielle, I'm sorry you still aren't feeling better! At least it's the weekend, so maybe some rest will help!

Lynne, that is so super exciting about your book...only a month and a half to go. I can't wait!
How is your TV different?

Sean, do you work in a big city then? How long does it take to drive a mile there? I remember in Orlando on our honeymoon, it took Hubs and I 30 mins to drive to DisneyWorld and we were only something like 5 miles away. CRAZY. Back home in Wyoming, it only takes 10 minutes. But traffic is light there and it moves at a decent pace. I don't think I'm patient enough to deal with city driving.

Ok, I'm off! See you all later!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*takes an oil can to bedroom window, proceeds to sneak in and clean the cobwebs from my little corner of the HH House, and opens the windows*

Hello!

So....erm....I know I've been MIA EVERYWHERE, but life has been up and down and all around here the last few months.

*voiceover guy from Glee* So here's what you missed:

January/February: I was accepted to ALL THREE schools I applied to. One in Portland, Oregon and two in New York state (one of which is NYC!!). And even with a scholarship that would be extremely easy to keep for all four years/pay for almost half each year at one of them, I chose NYC! So at the end of August I will be hoping in a car and moving up there to this amazing student housing facility in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, very close to Central Park! :D On the down side, a little less than a week after I got my acceptance letter for NYC, my great-grandfather died. Some of you know that I have lived with him practically my entire life, and that he was the only family member - excluding my brothers - that I was super close to. He was my father-figure as well as my great-grandfather and we traveled all over the place when I was little in the car I now own, and he spoiled me rotten in the process.

March: Not much happened other than my schedule changed a LOT for work so now I have all new clients - all of whom I pretty much do nothing but sit on my Why are we talking about a donkey? and talk to. :) And lots of 'the normal after death things that must be taken care of'.

April: We are still sorting out a few things from my great-grandfather's death, but funeral things/headstone is all taken care of and the headstone is supposed to be in by Memorial Day, if the weather is good. *crosses fingers* And the 26th, I will be heading to Caryn's neck of the woods for a few days to visit some friends for my birthday weekend. :D (I'll make sure to wave your way this time Caryn.)

*Glee guy's voiceover thing again* And that's what you've missed!

...So besides Lynn and her book (congrats girlie!) what have I missed with you lovelies?
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's raining cats and dog here again. I'm starting to think I should move to Forks! Fortunately, it's a quiet Saturday here today.

Songbird - it just operates a bit differently. We can't switch it off completely on the set itself; it only switches to standby. The PVR function (which enables the TV itself to record shows) works differently from the other one, and we preferred the way the other one worked. It also uses up much more spaces on the stick for only a short show. So we may have to buy a hard drive recorder as well now, which hasn't pleased us. One of the reasons we got this particular TV was to avoid that.

Ashley - good to see you back! I'm glad you had so much to choose from when it came to schooling. It makes it so much easier. :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everyone!

As most of you saw on fb I'm stick in the hospital for at least the weekend. I didn't feel well and went to get it checked. They are keeping me to change my meds and sort out the issues.

I don't have wifi here. So I can't post as much as I wished.

Have a nice weekend!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house