Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

marielle - yeah, I was realising today that I'd better start working out what I'm actually going to do at the book launch, but I'm so busy trying to do everything else. So much to do, but so little time!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today so far has been productive. Went to Walmart and got some stuff, got some money out of the bank (no back pay deposit yet), and got one of the new Little Ceasar's deep dish pizzas. Pretty good, but not the thing to have as far as eating it one sitting--I only had three slices and I was full.

I bought some new drink stuff that I'm gonna try and other than some coffee stuff, that's about all I did today. BTW, just a bit of extra info: The Burger King slushy stuff. My brother tired one yesterday and today, and you'd probably be better off with the stuff that you'd get at a gas station or a convenience store. Or, for that matter, what you probably could make at home if you had the right blender/food processor equipment.

I have to hit the hay early tonight because I have a Dr's appointment early tomorrow morning. It's my fist visit, so it'll probably take a while, only to have my blood pressure checked and be told to try and have bloodwork done at the hospital lab.

Aside from that, I've about gotten everything done that I wanted to attempt today, though I'll try and work on some fan fic stuff if I get some time tonight. At least after this weekend I can work on that at my leisure for a bit over a month.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Hope everyone is doing well. Today was a fun day-lots of errand running and I did a bit of scrap booking with a friend. The weather is gorgeous this week here, such a surprise, so nice :)

Marielle-thanks for the sympathy! I'm trying hard to change my diet and eat healthier..Jason is just blessed with a very quick metabolism and a skinny self, but he can eat a ton! I've had to really train myself NOT to eat as much as he does. I didn't realize you rode horses, that's so cool!! I did for a year or two as a kid and I loved it.

Lynne-saw your status..that doesn't so fun :( Glad it's over! Good luck getting ready for the book signing!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Little Man's school has just asked me to be the Author for the Day on their special reading day coming up on 28th May. Other guests will be politicians and people like that. There should be space to display my book. :D :D :D
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi Sibs!
I wish I had more news...I come in here every day thinking I should post something, but there's absolutely nothing going on to tell you about! The kids have 2 weeks of vacation from school, but hubs still has to work so we can't go anywhere or do anything. So it's mostly just letting them play outside when the weather is good, and letting them read, watch videos, play inside when it's not. OH! One thing I can tell you is that my dryer is fixed! Yay!! It's been a pain to have to hang EVERYTHING up...I don't have a clothes line, and even if I did, I couldn't have hung stuff out most days this past couple of weeks because of the weather. So I have to hang stuff on the banister, which isn't much space, so I have to double or triple everything up and it takes FOREVER to dry that way, so I can only do one load per day because otherwise I have nowhere to go with wet stuff. So the repairman came today and fixed it. YAY!!! I really love our repairman. He's so nice and happy and he doesn't treat me like an idiot because I have an accent. (You'd be surprised by how many people assume that an accent means you just can't speak Dutch) He's a grandfatherly type and he's nice to the kids, he doesn't over-charge and he's fast...I just really like him! I hope he's one of those people who is blessed with the capacity and desire to keep working, because if he ever retires, I don't know where we're going to find a repairman to compare.

Lynne, what sorts of things do people USUALLY do at a book launch?
That funeral sounds less than fun...I worry about that when my dad dies. The people there will be the ones who feel obligated to go because they've known him since they were knee-high to a grasshopper. He has a few friends, but he can be very hard to get along with. I'm so sorry you had to sit through such an awkward service.

Marielle, it's good to have you back! It really wasn't the same without you!
Yes, we enjoyed Queen's Day. We took the kids to the vrijmarkt and let them ride the carousel and then they each got to pick a small thing to buy. Then we took them to Scapino because they have a ball pit there so they played for a bit. I made chocolate cupcakes with Orange frosting, so it was very festive! What did you do?

Sarah, has the weather been nice there? It has been for 3 days here which is nice since the kids are home from school. They can play outside with the neighborhood kids instead of sitting in front of the TV. Back "home" they got snow. Everyone has been posting pictures on FB. So glad it's not me!!

Sean, good luck at the docs! This is just a check-up, right? Not because you are sick?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working from home for Rochelle today, so it should be a quiet day ... I hope.

Songbird - I think people usually talk about their book and the journey of writing it. That's what I'm going to do anyway. I'm also going to show both book trailers. Hopefully, that will be enough, and then everyone can spend the rest of the time eating and buying my book! Yes, funerals like that are never great, are they?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My day wasn't the best from the aspect of a late night and and early start. So I was petty tired by the time I got off work, and even then there was still an errand I had to run.

I did have my Dr's appointment today, and the bad news is, I need new glasses--my vision at a distance, especially my right eye, is petty much crap.

Good news is, as far as my major concern, I might not be diabetic, or if I am, it can be controlled with medication. That's what started this whole thing with getting a doctor and having this appointment. My reading was 198, which is a bit above normal (normal is usually 100-160), but I ate before I went to sleep and had some coffee before I went in, so I have to have a blood test within the next week or so. That'll be fun, because I hate needles and I'll have to fast for at least 12 hours. Both things will be so nice...

But if I'm in the clear, then that means that I'm fine, for right now at least. I was told that if my blood test comes back clean, I'm in good shape. Also, compared to my physical last year, I lost 5 pounds and my blood pressure is lower than last year, too.

Anyways, that's been pretty much my day. At least things turned out better than I had feared.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

I’m worried. I don’t think Garfield is feeling all that well. He has been different than normal and today he was almost lethargic. Strangely he does eat normally. I don’t know what’s wrong with him and it’s got me worried like crazy. I’m going to call the vet later, hopefully they know what it is…

Besides that I’m not feeling that well either. I have done a bit too much I think these last two days. I’m feeling a bit shaky and unsteady. I hope this passes soon.

Anyway,

Lynne, yes, time fly’s. Before you know it it’s the first of June. Just a few more weeks.
Aww. It’s nice that your son asked you to do that.

Sarah, it’s not fair to live with a person that can eat everything he wants while you have to be careful with everything you eat!! Some friends have the same issues. They can eat everything they like and not gain a ounce.

Susan, yay for getting your drier fixed. I don’t even have one!! I hang out everything… With my clothes it’s okay because most can’t handle a drier but with bedding and towels it would have been nice to have one.
We didn’t do much on Queens day. Watched it all on tv and in the afternoon we went out to enjoy the weather from a nice terrace with a glass of wine.

Sean, I’m happy your doc’s appointment went fairly well.

Alright, I’m off.

See you all later.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We have a quiet Saturday today, which is good, because I'm feeling a trifle exhausted.

I was talking to Rochelle about my book yesterday. She says it's been printed and they should have it on a ship this week sometime. However, then she said that if it's on their 'fast ship' it could be here in a week, but if it's not on the fast ship, it might JUST make it in time for the launch, but now I need it by 28th May for the thing at Little Man's school! EEEEEEEEEK!!! So prayers and good thoughts that it will be on the fast ship and will not hit customs on a day whent they're in a bad mood or have a huge problem would be most appreciated. Sometimes customs can be a pain in the neck.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a good day at work, even if it was a bit slow. I did try my first hamburger today, and it was alright. Yes, I'm almost 27 years old, and I never touched a hamburger in my life until today. At least it was good and something that I'll think of doing again.

As for the WEC round this weekend, Audi were 1-2-3 in all the practice and qualifying sessions, and have been heavily out-pacing the factory Toyotas. Also, there are photos of how the Audi R18 e-tron quattro's "exhaust blown diffuser" works (Marielle, being an F1 fan, will probably know a bit about it). I'm surprised that Toyota in both rounds so far have struggled so much against Audi. I don't think that Toyota has taken a step back, but rather that Audi have improved that much over the winter.

Other than that, today's gone great and after Saturday (no WEC events or anything like that until June 22 with the 24 Hours of Le Mans and then another two month break after that), I'll have plenty of time to work on fan fic and do a few other things that I've been wanting to do. And with it being warmer, I can stay up at night more easily and I've had more energy recently, too.

Oh, and I also got my Social Security pay out today, of over $1500. It's good that that wait is over

Lynne: Sucks that you're book order has to be fast-tracked to make your event at the school. All that can be done right now is hope for no major snags.