Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Those of you on FB may have noticed that today didn't go to well for me.

First of all, I went out to the car to go to work and it wouldn't start. I thought I'd do some work for Rochelle from home while I waited for the repair man to come and the computer wouldn't start either. Fortunately, it only took about 15 minutes for the RACQ repair guy to come, which was pretty good, since they'd told me it could be up to an hour's wait, but that meant I was half an hour late for work.

Then on the way to work, I suddenly realised I was speeding, slowed down, and noticed a cop up ahead with a radar gun! I think I slowed down just in time. If not, I may have a letter with a photo in the mail in a few days' time.

Next, the book I'm typesetting at the moment is causing some more issues, so that's depressing. But I thought my day would get better when I went to pick up my 'The Heir' t-shirts we had done. They looked great ... until I got them home and realised that the company has put the writing on the back of the t-shirts, not the front! :rant: :rant: :rant: When Rochelle rang him to find out what had happened, he said it never occurred to him to put it on the front because the design was so big. Well, he could have mentioned that! Maybe he does a lot of football jerseys. They're always on the back. :roll: Anyway, he's agreed to put 'The Heir' on the front for free. I'm going to try and extend that to have the website put on the front as well, so at least if the wearer has a jacket on people can still see some branding. But I'm so disappointed. It's such a letdown.

It also doesn't help that only about 20 people are coming to my launch at the moment. I had been hoping for a better turnout from my friends. They may still be coming and just haven't RSVPd yet. That wouldn't be surprising; my friends are all shocking when it comes to RSVPing. I'm not talking about anyone here; I'm more concerned with the people who will be there for the launch I'm holding in the hall. It would have been nice if more could support me. :(
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Lynne-I saw that on FB..how stressful! I'm so sorry. I wish I could attend the launch! Do you have any pictures of the t-shirts?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a decent day at work, but it felt weird...the day just felt like it dragged on and on with seemingly no end. It was almost like time stood still. It wasn't for the lack of doing things or anything, it just felt funny like that.

I did have a Big Mac today, and it was pretty good, much better than I expected.

And now I have to try and deal with heat and humidity where I am. At least I don't expect, yet, to experience what's been happening in OK over the past couple of days. If you're in Iowa or an area like that (such as Christina is), I'd def. advise caution and keeping alert. Here, it's also supposed to storm, but nothing really severe is expected.

Sandy should be relatively safe now, since her area isn't currently under any severe weather watches, advisories, or warnings. Susie is also in a much safer position than she was in yesterday. And as for Caryn, since she has a flight back to Indy tomorrow night, there has been a change. Thunderstorms are now likely for Tuesday night and also during the day. So I'd plan for possible delays, not so much for the storms themselves, but their side-effects (microbursts mostly as far as landing).

But other than it raining, I'm looking forward to Friday and the weekend where it's supposed to be in the 60s and sunny. Perfect for at least watching the Monaco Grand Prix (on TV, of course--I damn sure don't have the money to fly and spend a weekend in Monte Carlo!) and working on fan fic.

And for tonight, I have some more of James May and his Man Lab to watch on BBC America. The description that DirecTV gave me was "relearning vital skills". I wonder what vital skill that James has to teach us this week. At least the one where he "escaped" from prison and had to navigate with a compass and a map was useful info.

But other than that, I'll be on the lookout for thunderstorms in my area tonight. I don't mind thunderstorms and actually like watching them at night, as long as they're not too close or too destructive.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sarah - I will have pictures once I get them back. They're having 'The Heir' put on the front now as well.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I hope that everyone's still keeping an eye on the storms in the threatened areas. It's supposed to start raining here tonight and will until Thursday night, and on Friday, the temps might not even break 60 degrees. I don't mind too much compared to the heat and humidity here right now.

Tonight, I'll try and work on some fan fic and watch a WEC video or two, along with other things that I'd like to work on. Now, though, since this heat and humidity crap is starting to get to me, I think that I'll take a nap. No big deal for that, since I don't work tomorrow.

Later tonight, I think that I'll make some grilled chicken and try it out, since we have some spice rub stuff now at the house. I did fall off the wagon a bit with my diet last night, but not too bad. I'll try and take advantage of having the day off work and it being warm (when it gets warm I don't want to eat as much) to work on my meal scheduling.

Also, I have a bit of advice for those of you who, like me, love coffee. Buy some sugar-free/carb-free flavoring syrup. I'd think that every big chain grocery store in your area would have them, since they seem to be pretty common around here. I even got some cheap ones from the Dollar Tree out by Walmart where I live for $1 a piece. They allow you cut back on the sugar while still giving flavor and sweetness to coffee.

It keeps on looking like it wants to downpour where I'm at right now, and while I'm awake I'll be keeping an eye to the sky where I am. Especially tomorrow, when it's supposed to be at it's worst here. But at least for about everyone else, this storm stuff is winding down. They've done more than enough damage in OK.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Hey everyone

Hope You're all ok and keeping safe with all the storms over in the US I can only imagine how scary it is to be caught up On the middle of one of those things

My weeks been pretty interesting so as you all know I haven't had much luck with my doctors about my depression and anxiety so I seen a different doctor he was really helpful he thinks I may be bi-polar which is why my moods shift so quickly from hyper back down to being extremely sad I have a nurse from the mental health team co ing to see me on Friday morning for an Assement to see what help I need and what meds I should be on.

So my fave band Union J will be in the same town as me on Friday and I can't go because of the nurse coming to see me :( it's ok I mean I have met them three times and seen them like 5 but I'd give anything to meet them again and get cuddles from them

Anyway sorry for rambling on about my life lol

Ill try and pop back later

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

To all my friends in America: stay safe!

I've just got a quiet day here. I'm hoping I can get some work done. I'm looking at cover ideas for book two.

Ann Marie
- I hope they can get your health issues sorted out. :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've been waiting for this all week, and not it's happened. My area is under a severe thunderstorm warning. We're also supposedly under a severe t-storm watch, too, but TWC doesn't list it. Strangely, according to radar and the NWS' report, the storm might miss my area.

However, at some point, I do expect to get at least a storm between now and tomorrow night. After that, it's supposed to really cool off until about this time next week.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna do some grocery shopping to get ready for this weekend. But other than that, I don't really have much in the way of major plans. At least my blood sugar is low right now, at least for me compared to what it's been recently. Today I checked it when I got up, and it was 215, the lowest it's been in a while.

I have some homemade BBQ chicken left over from last night that I'll try and eat tonight, and depending on my mood and what else I get into, I might finally work on some fan fic, but I wouldn't bet money on it, but I'll try it anyways.

So that's all I've been up to for right now.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm trying to become a librarian on goodreads so I can edit some of Wombat Books' titles, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe it's not as easy as they claim, or maybe there's a backlog or something.

I'm working for Rochelle from home today. I hope I can get a bit done. There's certainly a lot to do!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today kinda sucked for me from my POV. Work kinda dragged and I felt like I didn't get much done. Work just kept piling up and when I got the opportunity to work on something that I saw as being constructive, I couldn't get that done either because of time.

I'm also not really feeling good right now, and I didn't get as much sleep last night as I wanted. I did get a BK Whopper today, and that was pretty good, and I got some artificial sweeter for my coffee stuff--the syrup wasn't cutting it with the plain coffee I have.

For tonight, I hope to watch F1 practice from Monaco and maybe do a couple of things, but I don't have a ton planned. And, of course, I have to go from running a fan at night to plugging my electric blanket back in over the weekend because of the weather change.

I hope that after I take a nap soon that I'll wake up in a better mood.

Update: I feel a little bit better now. I just saw my little brother get attacked my our new kittens, which are now able to roam around the house now. I still plan on watching the F1 practice and the other couple of things that I'd like to do tonight.

Tonight's just a good night to have a cup of plain coffee (sweetened, of course!), and get read to sleep under the electric blanket again, and eat a pizza before bedtime while watching F1 practice. It's rainy, cold, and feels more like fall than Memorial Day weekend. Reminds me of Forks, too.

So that's what I'm up to now, and I have to say that the artificial sweetener that I bought today is a godsend. I can now drink normal coffee again without the consequence of using a lot of actual sugar. Being a diabetic, that's a big plus. It even does something better than sugar--it dissolves better in liquids.

At least I'm in a better mood now than when I got home. I do have to get up early because my grandma has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and that means that I have to go into work early, so after F1 practice is done, I'll probably be headed almost straight to bed. I have to test my blood sugar before I do so, but that's not a big deal.

I'll be back later.