Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by marielle »

Hey all!!!

CONGRATS LYNNE!!! How exciting for you!!! :clap: you'll have to post a pic of you signing all of them.

I have been insanely busy today. Being back at work and plowing through the massive amount of unread emails. Therefore I didn't have time to post this morning. This afternoon I spend taking care of Garfield. The poor thing is still feeling bad. So he got a lot of TLC and I hand fed him his food so I was sure he ate something today. He did ate quite a bit but he need to eat trice the amount of today...

So anyway,

Susie, I hope you can come back more often and bring some HH sisters with you. I had hoped that your hubs had found a job by now. How is it going in general with his search? Any interviews? If he needs help? I worked 3 years in the online vacancy business I might be able to give some tips.

Susan, I think most parents think the world of their kids and are never seeing the real truth about them. It's only logical but some parents just don't have the social skills to convey their pride with out hurting or insulting others. I know a friend of my brother has been doing some insane stuff in his teen years, from joyriding to posing with and shooting guns on pictures that showed on Facebook and still his mom wouldn't believe her angel would even think of doing things like that...

alright that's it!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Kinda a hot and miserable day here. I'm still waiting for the weekend for it to cool down again.

And tomorrow is gonna be a day that I dread. It's gonna be hot again, that's one issue. I go into work at 9:30-1:30 tomorrow, which in and of itself isn't bad, but then I have a Doctor's appointment at 3:45. So that means that I'll be up since before 8:30, and it probably won't be until at least 5:00 before I'll be home. It would seem that it would be a normal work day, but the issue is that I have to find something to do from about 1:30-3:15 or so.

And then I have to figure out when I'm gonna eat. I'd kinda rather wait until after the appointment, because there's this sit-down restaurant that I kinda want to go to. But that means going to somewhere closer to home than the Doctor's office, and I'd rather avoid that.

But after all's done, I'll probably be glad that I don't have to go into work until 2:00 on Friday...

As a result, I'm not 100% sure of what I want to do tonight. I wanted to work on some fan fic and play some VG stuff after I got done looking stuff up, but I don't know how that'll go, since I do have to be in bed early tonight because of all I have to do for tomorrow. I guess that I'll just try and make it up as I go...

Songbird: I really don't like the shredding. Usually because I have a lot of it to do and I'd rather be doing other things. Problem is that someone's gotta deal with it, and it'll be a while before everything's digitized where I work at. I like everything else, but I'm pretty tired of the shredding.

Also, our new kittens are fine and are already eating the crunchy cat food.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Wow, I haven't been on in a few days (been working and busy with school, plus the long weekend :) ) and I actually had a page and a half to scroll through! Good to see people back around!

I've had a couple days at home which was nice to finally kick my cold and get a good amount of studying done. Memorial Day was nice, I had a girlfriend come over and we watched some Disney movies since I'm going to Disneyland soon. On the actual holiday we went our friends' house and had a BBQ :)

I've picked up some temp work in addition to everything else..my friend owns a cleaning business and needs help occasionally..it's hard work but so fun!

Lynne-I'm SO glad the books arrived on time!! I want a short sleeved shirt :) Hopefully I can buy the book soon-ish!

Marielle-hope Garfield is okay :( your trip sounds lovely.

Hi Susie!! Hope hubby's job hunt goes well! Can't wait to have some free time to be able to read some of your book (I feel like a big jerk for delaying..I don't like reading new things when I'm stressed since I can't concentrate on the new material..:( )

Okay, time to be productive..glad to see more people around here!!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everyone! Wow, there are actually posts here!

Today I'm organising the food for tomorrow's launch. I'm hoping I can find everything relatively quickly and cheaply and it can all be sorted out without too much stress. I signed all the ordered copies last night, but they won't be sent until at least next Monday, so it will probably be about another week or more until you get them unfortunately.

Susie - thank you for your congratulations!

Songbird - hm, your friend sounds ... interesting. Those kinds of people can be a lot of effort.

marielle - thanks for that. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. :(

Sean - I hope it's cooler on the weekend for you.

Sarah - I'm glad to hear the cold is gone. Yes, it's great that the books have arrived on time. That's one less thing to worry about.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had kinda a crapwad of a day. I got up, didn't feel good, felt like crap all day at work, and was late getting out of work because the Jeep acted up yet again. We though that my father was able to fix it (some wiring problem was though to be causing the fuel pump to cut out), but then the friggin' thing died only about a mile from home, though we were able to get it started again a couple of minutes later.

We now thing that either the fuel pump is going bad or it's just a problem with it being hot outside, because it never really acts like this when it's cooler out. So that means that more than likely I'll be taking a taxi to work until we either get the Jeep sorted out or we get a different car that actually runs. About anything will be better than that damned Jeep! AMC quality at its finest...

Other than that, today was OK I guess. Just really tired and not really feeling good.

For those of you who've read about Marielle's cat on the FB page, I do sympathize with what happened. That's happened many times in my family over my life with having to put cats down or them dying of something or even old age. After a while, they do become like family and you do grow attached to them.

On a happier note, the new kittens do now have names. The grey long haired one is called Link, and the grey and white one is called Zelda. I must note that I don't name any of our cats, my older brother, who is a video game addict, named these ones. I'd rather named the grey and white girl kitten Griselda because that's where the name Zelda comes from, and it's the name adopted by one of my favorite Guyver characters for her battle form.

Anyways, I just gotta hope for a better day tomorrow. The taxi deal and likely not having another way to get to/from work sort of screws up my plans for tomorrow (I wanted to get grocheries and run a couple of other errands tomorrow), and also, we have to reschedule my Doctor's appointment because it got canceled because of the car trouble.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's launch day now, and I've spent the morning doing some cooking. I am going to be posting on my author page every hour for about the next 36 hours, so feel free to come and see what's going on there. click here
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for posting really late, but I had a long day today at work and running errands afterward, and then when I got home I watched the Weather Channel's tornado coverage for a while until I passed out and went to sleep.

We almost got the Jeep fixed today, too, but by the time my mother and father got to their home (where we were when this happened to get the friggin' thing fixed), a bad storm blew in and now we have to hope that my dad can work on it today, though it's supposed to rain and storm today, too.

Speaking of which, if any of you live from lower Michigan to Oklahoma, stay alert, especially further south. In the mid-west (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan) it's not supposed to be really bad as far as a tornado threat, but severe storms are very likely.

At least after Saturday afternoon this will slow down and the weather will cool off again, which is good IMO. But I hate the fact that even more destruction has happened in the OK City area.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Congrats and good luck with your book launch, Lynne!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read your book!!

Today is Bug's swimming test! FINALLY! Oma and Opa are coming to watch and I'm making a big spaghetti dinner to celebrate, since it's one of Bug's favorite meals and one of the few things my In-laws like that I make. And I've made a big pan of brownies for dessert. It's going to be a good day!
Yesterday was a bit disappointing. A classmate of mine (we went to school together from 1st grade all the way through, even to college. In Jr. High and High school, our lockers were next to each other because our last names were both "O" names.) is traveling through Europe and he's in the Netherlands right now and was supposed to come see me, but he had a problem with his Hostel and ended up being too late to catch a train. I hope he'll be able to come a different day, before he leaves!

Out of time now, but I'll try to check in later!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Congrats and good luck with your book launch, Lynne!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read your book!!

Today is Bug's swimming test! FINALLY! Oma and Opa are coming to watch and I'm making a big spaghetti dinner to celebrate, since it's one of Bug's favorite meals and one of the few things my In-laws like that I make. And I've made a big pan of brownies for dessert. It's going to be a good day!
Yesterday was a bit disappointing. A classmate of mine (we went to school together from 1st grade all the way through, even to college. In Jr. High and High school, our lockers were next to each other because our last names were both "O" names.) is traveling through Europe and he's in the Netherlands right now and was supposed to come see me, but he had a problem with his Hostel and ended up being too late to catch a train. I hope he'll be able to come a different day, before he leaves!

Out of time now, but I'll try to check in later!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Little Man doesn't believe in sleeping in, so he was bouncing on my bed about half an hour ago. As a result, I am awake ... sort of.

The launch went really well. Hubby took photos which he will probably process for me a bit later on today, then I'll put them up on my author page. A friend of ours, Jock, has already posted a couple of photos there, if you want to see them.

We sold 22 copies of my book! Considering there were only about 35 people there, that's very good. We had some other Wombat Books there too, and we sold quite a few of them too, which was great for Rochelle. We even sold three copies of one of my father's books, which pleased him no end.

Songbird - I was just looking at your video of Bug swimming. She does so well. I'm glad to see she's such a capable swimmer.