Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Sean - it's good to hear about Tracy. Getting a new friend is always a good thing. :)

Songbird - I'm glad to hear the heater's going in. It's good that they caught Hubs' diabetes so early. It seems to be in a lot of people's family trees!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had kinda a tiring, miserable day. Work sucked, and there have been some things there that have really been bothering me recently. And I still don't feel good right now.

I'll try and watch F1 practice tonight when it comes on, but beyond that, I don't know what I'll be doing. I'm just pretty tired and I feel like crap right now. Hopefully after a while I'll be a bit more awake and alert and I can do a few other things tonight.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

In case you haven't seen Facebook, I passed my test early this afternoon :) Finally!!! It was a total God thing..I prayed throughout the test! Now I can relax and think about our vacation, which we leave for on Sunday! We're not bringing our laptop but I'll have my phone so I'll try and pop by if I can!

Lynne-that's super exciting! I hope it all goes well :)

Song-hooray for hot water! Sounds relaxing and such a relief..yay!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Congratulations, Sarah!!! That is so great! I saw on FB, but I don't know anything about the scoring, so I just assumed you passed because you seemed happy about it. Good job!!

Lynne, Yeah, it does seem to be in a lot of family trees! My mom was diabetic, my brother has thyroid problems...hence getting tested every year. My family's medical history is less than stellar.
How's the book going? I looked on Amazon to see if you had any more reviews, but didn't find any.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey everyone!

Wow, it's been a loooong time since I've posted. Sorry! :oops: I'm so out of it, I had to really think what my password was. Anyways, making an effort to come back. Do you guys realize Edward's birthday (June 20) is coming up? Should we organize a little something? Like a HH-party here or on fb?

Going back only a few post for replies right now, because there is no way I can get to everything that's been going on since my last post. Hello to everyone who's been here! :wave:

Congratulations Sarah!! :clapping: Have fun on your vacation!

Sean - Sorry you were feeling a bit down yesterday. I hope a good night's rest did wonders!

Susan - Your heater was off? Did you have to take cold showers? Brrr... Glad you got the new one installed. Definitely look into an editing job as your friend recommended. It sounds like the ideal job! Reading books for a living...

Lynne - How's it going with the book launch? Are you doing a lot of signings, interviews etc.?

Susie - Did I remember reading that your memoir is finished? Congratulations! What happens next? Are you trying to find a publisher or agent or are you still editing?

It's nice and sunny and warm out, so I'm going to get me some of this right now. What? Oh, get you mind out of the gutter! I meant the ice cream, not the guy. ;)
Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

It's Sunday here, and we'll be off to church in about half an hour. It's raining ... again. I'm starting to feel like I live in Forks!

Sarah - congratulations on passing your test!

Songbird - yeah, I've got breast and ovarian cancer in my family tree, as well as macular degeneration and diabetes. Whoopee. :roll: There are now two reviews on Amazon, and three on Goodreads. The Heir is also on the to-read list of 176 people on Goodreads. I don't have that many friends there, so there has to be a good group of people I don't know in that number.

Suzan - welcome back! I'm happy to do something for Edward's birthday. Maybe post our favourite pics of the man in question?
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi All!

We're having a fun weekend full of high school graduation parties to attend (a big deal here in Minnesota). Yesterday my Sonny Boy and I went to see the Interior Designer Showcase home - a 1880 mansion in St. Paul that will soon be a B&B. it was soo cool to see the separate part of the house which is the private living quarters for the family who owns the house. There is even another kitchen on the third floor where the kids bedrooms are so they can just hop out of bed and have their breakfast there rather than go all the way down to the 1st floor. The B&B rooms were beautiful. One had a spectacular view of the St. Paul Cathedral, and that's the room I'd want to stay in. It has a lovely reading area in the turret. Maybe when Hubs gets a job...

Susan - WELCOME BACK! Yes, my book is done, but now I have to edit and get more readers. Still, it's much easier to edit something that is done rather than worry about chapters I have yet to write! As I said on fb, I love the idea of a birthday party for Edward on June 20. Thursday is a good day for a party too.

Lynne
- It's been cool and rainy here in Minneapolis too! Very unusual for June. We all feel like we're being cheated out of summer. Maybe if I think of Forks and Twilight, I'll feel better about it.

Sean
- I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Remember to try to get a regular sleep schedule because that will really help. I'm glad you hear that you've made a new friend at work.

Sarah
- Congratulations! Whoo hoo! Now what are you going to do with all your time? It sounds like you're going on vacation to celebrate. Enjoy.

Songbird - You ARE a bad fangirl! No soundtracks? You are forgiven because you have small children and they take over life. I wasn't really buying much for myself when mine were little. Don't worry, we can get the songs online. Think outside of the box. OR alternate lyrics to a well known tune? Get your thinking cap on.

Marielle - Where are you???? Now that I've come back, you're gone!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a much better day today. I ran an errand and got some turkey sausages and some diet soda. The turkey things taste like something that my mom used to get me, but, please, don't ask me what the other things were called--this was back in the mid 1990s, and I haven't seen them since that time, so my chances of remembering the brand name is basically impossible.

As for the diet pop, I got some Diet Rite tangerine and Diet Barq's root beer, and both are pretty good.

Other than that, I haven't been up to too much so far today. After a little while, I'm thinking of looking up some stuff since I have some extra time to do so tonight, and maybe take a break after that for dinner and make some BBQ chicken. Then I'll probably try and work on some fan fic if I have time.

Tomorrow is the Le Mans test day, so I'll be looking stuff up about that tomorrow morning. But none the less, today was a productive day.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Thanks everyone for the congrats :) it means I officially graduate from college!

Song-I tried to show that the scoring standard at colleges across the country means you need a 50 for it to count and I managed a 51 :) I've gotten a 48 twice, so close!

Susie-now I have time to read! And sleep :) and I can work as much as I want without worrying about needing to study. Jason and I are going to California for the week, including Disneyland, which makes me super excited since I've never been. Your Interior Design trip sounds fun, how cool :) I love stuff like that.

Lynne-how often has it been raining there, a lot? I'll have to add your book on the to-read list on Goodreads too!

Hi Suzan!! Good to see you around and great party suggestion!!!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Welcome home, Suzan!! Glad you remembered your password! The party sounds fun...do you know what day of the week it is?
No, we didn't have to take cold showers, but we had to keep the breaker turned off or the heater just kept running and running, and it also leaked water everywhere. So, every time we wanted to take a shower, we had to turn on the water, run downstairs to turn the breaker on, wait for the water to heat up, then go take the shower, then leave the water running and go down and turn the breaker off again before turning off the water. It didn't leak as long as the water was running. So it's nice now to just be able to get in and shower without running up and down the stairs. And one time I accidentally turned off more than the one breaker and we couldn't figure out why we had no lights upstairs. Oops.
Enjoy the nice weather!!

Lynne, yeah, I have breast cancer on both sides of my family tree....it's pretty much a given that I'll get it one day since both my grandmothers and my mom died from it, and all the female cousins have had it, as well as my aunt, though most of them survived with treatment. Then there's the diabetes, thyroid, my dad has a heart issue, and both my parents have had skin cancers removed. My family really is a huge mess. But if you KNOW you're at risk, at least you can look out for it and hopefully catch things early.

Susie, that sounds like a lovely mansion...and what a fantastic place to read!!
I know...I'm a terrible fan girl!! I do know Thousand Years...I love that song. I just don't have any of the CDs.

Sarah, yeah, I saw the 50 and the 51, but I didn't know what they meant. The one said ACE and I thought...does that mean a perfect score (that's what we used to call an ACE)? But then that couldn't be, because you had one point higher...and I don't know what the highest score possible is, or if it's split like the ACT/SAT into different components that you had 50 on one and 51 on the other....I just know nothing about the scoring, so I just assumed from your apparent relief that you passed. Was it really hard? So what's your degree now?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ