Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

School holidays here ... again. I'm taking Kaden to a friend's place today. At least I'll get to sit and chat to his mother!

I'm hoping I don't come down with the vomiting 'flu, which my father, mother and brother have come down with. I spent quite a bit of time with my father on Friday and a bit of time yesterday with my brother before he got sick. I really don't want that!

Sarah - Aw, giving copies of Twilight a good home! What a nice thought!

Songbird - yes, it was a bit rich of the woman to do that. When the behaviouralist told her off because she had her dogs off leash, she said, 'They're border collies. Of course they're off leash!'. Gee, I didn't know border collies were exempt from the law! :roll:
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I made it though Le Mans. Most draining and exhausting race I ever watched, and for sure this year might be the last year that I watch it live all the way though, one way or the other.

I'll explain more about that later, as I probably won't be online very long tonight. I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that I'm OK, that Audi won, and the Jeep seems to be fixed. I'll work on everything else that I need to finalize tomorrow.

Just wanted to drop a line to let everyone know how I'm doing and that normal service with me will resume tomorrow :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Well, I did say that I'd have more about the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and here I go. I already mentioned the some of the stuff about Audi winning it yet again in the post I made about Rob driving either the Tesla or the A5 he was photo'd with, and I mentioned the Audi R18 e-tron quattro diesel-electric hybrid car in that post. That's the car of which one example won Le Mans yesterday.

It was the first win for 2013 pole winner Loic Duval, the third for many years Le Mans and Audi veteran Allan McNish, and it was a record extending 9th win for Tom Kristensen, AKA "Mr. Le Mans". Though I enjoyed the outcome of the race and the fact that Toyota was able early on to make a race out of it (the Toyota threat faded once the track dried out and the Audis were consistently a couple of seconds a lap faster), my enjoyment of the race was tempered by two things. First, with mixed weather conditions and tons of caution periods (mostly due to barrier damage), the race lacked flow and it was frustrating waiting out caution periods for those barrier repairs. And also, if anyone has read news about the LM24 this year, you'll know that a driver named Allen Simonsen, a friend and countryman of TK, died shortly after an early race accident when his Aston Martin slid off the road into a barrier and impacted a tree behind the barrier. Simonsen was attempting to avoid a spinning Ferrari when the fatal accident occurred. After that, it was definitely less fun watching the race for quite a while, and it's a dark cloud that will hover over the race for quite a while, too.

I enjoyed the outcome and the battles, but I didn't enjoy the caution periods and certainly didn't enjoy hearing that someone died in an accident, let alone one that it seems that the death could've probably been prevented. It all sort of reinforced my reasons why I won't likely be watching the full race next year. It's just getting harder and harder for me to stay up and watch the whole race. A 6 hour race, fine, a 10 hour race, OK, a 12 hour race, well, it's long but easily manageable. 24 hours? A pretty big stretch for me now. Not that I could watch the whole race next year even if I wanted to anyways, due to Speed Channel's rebranding as Fox Sports 1. If it's not NASCAR, I don't see it getting a ton of coverage there as far as motorsports go.

But at least some of the guys who I hoped would win did, and Porsche in the two GT classes did get their 99th and 100th Le Mans class wins.

With Le Mans out of the way, I went back to work today, and I had a pretty good day overall, but it's hot and nasty where I live, as it is though most of the American Mid-West. And it'll be that way most of the rest of the week. At least I have plenty of fans here at home, and I have the AC installed in my bed room. So that'll help when I'm in there playing VG's and such.

Aside from the weather totally sucks, I'm fine right now. At least I'm not one of the guys who goes to LM and and gets hungover from all the partying that happens in the infield of the track, and at least I'm not the guy who mooned the camera during Speed's coverage of the race. I'm glad that Speed reporter Justin Bell (who's father Derek won LM 5 times) didn't see that happen until later LOL.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

So far, we haven't come down with any dreaded diseases here, which is good. Today, Little Man and I are going out with a friend of his and the boys will play while I chat to his friend's mother. She's a real fan of The Heir. She told me that she wanted to stop reading when she got to the last chapter, because she didn't want it to end. That's the height of compliments for a writer!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had kinda a frustrating day at work. It seemed that there was nothing for me to work on aside from answering the phone every 2-5 minutes it seemed. I hardly got anything done really because of that.

And on top of it being hot and nasty again today--and it's set to be like this most of the week--it was a pretty tiring, frustrating day. At least I have tomorrow off work and I'll try and work on fan fic and turn something over to a beta group later tonight or tomorrow.

And, like yesterday, we're under another Severe Thunderstorm Watch until midnight. God, I really love Ohio weather... Hopefully my day will get better.

I'll be back later.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado wrote:So far, we haven't come down with any dreaded diseases here, which is good. Today, Little Man and I are going out with a friend of his and the boys will play while I chat to his friend's mother. She's a real fan of The Heir. She told me that she wanted to stop reading when she got to the last chapter, because she didn't want it to end. That's the height of compliments for a writer!
Oh awesome :) I read the synopsis on Good Reads and I'm definitely interested in it :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Lynne, I couldn't have stopped reading!! But that's why I read it twice! LOL

Today was track and field day at school and I was helping. Somehow, one of the kids in my group ran into a pole hard enough to get a hockey puck-sized goose-egg on his head. HOW does that happen?? He didn't even cry! One minute I'm writing down the distances they each threw the ball, and the next minute he comes up and says "Look what I did to my head". Seriously?? Insane. But I think the kids all had fun. It was a LOT for the kindergartners though...this one girl in my group just started school in April, so she is just barely 4 and by the end of the morning, she was hanging on my leg with her thumb in her mouth. I felt sooo bad for her because she was just so so tired. And then she fell once when she was running her sprint, and of course at that age, when you fall, you want mommy! And of course mommy wasn't there, so I did the best I could to comfort her and she just clung to me and buried her head in my shoulder and cried. I love that the school plans fun activities for the kids, but I wish they would be better about planning for the really little ones. I always manage to get one kid in my group who is just barely 4, and they expect them to keep up with the 8 year olds and be able to do these long activities where they walk for 3 or more hours straight with people they don't know, and their parents not present. Not a realistic expectation really. But at least this time it wasn't in pouring rain! It was actually perfect weather for it!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man and I had a good time yesterday. His friend's mother asked me a lot of questions about The Heir and its sequels. I dodged anything too descriptive about book two. ;)

Songbird - I'm glad you and the kids had fun at track and field, ins spite of the injuries. Yes, it's amazing how resilient some kids can be. Little Man hits his head all the time, and never seems to turn a hair.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Song-Wow, that does sound like a long day!! Glad the weather was better for it this time around!

Quiet day with a friend for me..went hunting for new scrapbook supplies and made her watch Duck Dynasty :) Spreading the awesomeness one friend at a time. Then I cooked dinner :) Easy peasy day.

Lynne-that's awesome :) Look at you, you author you!!!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I slept in today and rested up for an early start tomorrow. That means that I probably won't be online too much tonight. I have to get up early tomorrow (so I'll also shower tonight instead of tomorrow morning), run to the bank to get a few bucks out, run into Walmart for some lunch for work, and show up at work and stay there until about 1:30.

So far today, well, I've only been online for a little while, and I have a few things to tend to before I shower and get to bed, so I don't have a lot of time to waste--some, but not a lot ;)

At least with the rain and stuff moving though it's cooled down and hopefully it'll stay that way for a while. Certainly good for traveling in the Jeep, which tends to be a sauna in the summer. And, hopefully, we'll be getting the Pontiac back soon. My father has said that when he can get rid of a boat that he's working on, he wants to have the car so he can look at what's wrong with it. And, hopefully. we'll have it back soon.

So, that's what I have going on now.