Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Hubby's got a day off today, so we're all supposed to be going to Dreamworld, a theme park, but they've forecast rain for today, so we're hoping it's not too much, otherwise our beautiful day will be washed out. Hopefully it will be okay. Little Man's been looking forward to it all week.

I hope everyone's having a fantastic day!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for this very late post, but I had an absolute crap-fest of a day yesterday. Work was fine, but it was after work that things got ugly. We had problems with the Jeep again--first we thought it was something with the transmission, then it turned out it was in part the front brakes. And, finally, after the thing damn near killed us trying to get home, it turned out its lack of brakes and suicidal handling was mostly down to one of the things I guess as the issue--a bad wheel bearing.

So we're back to the Pontiac, which we can hardly use because it's still got it's issues unresolved. Hopefully by Sunday we'll have the Jeep back and not have to worry about any problems with it. It was also this stuff partly why I called off work today. After being out in the sun/heat/humidity almost all afternoon yesterday, I wasn't feeling well and I didn't feel much better when I got up and even now I still feel like crap.

So here's to hoping that the weekend will be better. I have some stuff that I'd like to watch later--F1 practice mostly. And I have to say that I'm tired of the rain and storms and such. It's rained here like three times already today. As I said, I hope that things will improve, and soon.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello Everyone!

It looks like I'm only making it here once a week at the most. Sorry! I'm still working on my Lexicon memoir - just the last proof reading. I have a couple of acquaintances reading it now. I can't wait to hear their reaction.

Good News! Hubs has a job! He had two offers within a week, so it was very exciting. He wanted one more than the other and it was down to the wire. Kind of nerve wracking. He starts on July 7. Whoo hoo!

Lynne
- Tracy sent me her copy of the Heir, so as soon as I'm finished with the Clockwork Angel, I'll start reading it. I'm so excited. How wonderful that you've had such a positive response already. I'll be sending you my book within the next couple of days. I can't believe I'm still finding things to correct.

Sarah
- Did you get the little section I wrote about you?

Song
- I liked Pitch Perfect too, but I really objected to the vomiting scenes. I think the movie would have been just as good without those, seriously. I LOVED Anna Kendrick! I didn't even know she could sing.

Sean - Car problems are a royal pain, aren't they? Be safe.

Brenda
- LOVED your contribution to Edward's Birthday Party!

Suzan
- Well, you did used to post some of the most amazing Hump Day pics.....Shall we try to get it going again? Especially since we can post the pic itself now?

Have we lost Marielle???

Catch you later!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Yesterday was slightly insane..I worked all day cleaning and came home to a major ant issue around an open box of candy! We spent the entire evening cleaning up ants until I freaked out enough that Jason sent me to go relax for an hour so I'd quit stressing him out (I really, really, really hate bugs!) every time we found a few of them. Ugh, I hate apartment living sometimes!

On a cheerier note, I'm re-reading Twilight and since it's been such a long while and I'm falling back in love with Edward all over again. It's truly wonderful! :D I really want to re-read Midnight Sun and then watch the movie to see Rob's wonderful performance all over again!

Susie-yup, I just read it! I got it right during my yard sale-ing adventure and it slipped my mind since it wasn't highlighted in my inbox anymore! But it was great :) oh and YAY about Hubs finding a job! :clap: :clap:

Lynne-I wondered where the random picture of Shrek came from :) Love that movie! Hope you guys had fun!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

We had a really fun day today! We watched Despicable Me on DVD this morning because we had never seen it and now the sequel is in the theaters, and we wanted to take the kids to see it, so we needed to watch the first one first. So We watched that, then we went and watched the 2nd one in the theater, complete with tons of junkfood, and then we took the kids out for chicken nuggets and fries at a cafeteria....Bug was all for McDonalds, but I vetoed that. Both the kids got scared during part of the movie, but they liked it anyway. Tomorrow we're off to Oma and Opa's.

Lynne, maybe it's just that I'm so used to my kids who cry when someone bumps into them...when they were little, we always tried not to react if they fell, because babies react more to the parent's reaction than to actual pain, but that strategy apparently didn't work...they are both really sensitive. So this kid who bumped his head not even crying was shocking to me!!
I saw your pics fro Dreamworld....it looks fun! And it looked like the weather was pretty cooperative, right?

Susie, that is AWESOME news! What is his new job? Are you still wanting to meet in August? Do you think you will be able to, with Daughter Dear arriving home??
I am looking forward to reading your memoir!
I skip the vomiting scenes...I can't stand that, so I don't watch that. I agree, it's not necessary. I didn't know Anna Kendrick could sing, either...but I love her in this one...she was great in What to Expect When You're Expecting, too. I'm really starting to like her as an actress...I didn't like her in Twilight...but that might have been more her character than her acting, but she also didn't look anything like I pictured Jessica. But I think she makes a better Leading Lady than supporting role.

Sarah, ugh!!! I don't like ants! We have ant issues, too, but I get these nifty little plastic cartridges that work wonders...I don't know if you can use them with pets though. But they have stuff in them that the ants carry back to their colony and it kills them. I usually need one at the front door and one at the back door and the problem is solved until the next spring/summer. I used to just vacuum the suckers up, but there were too many of them!
Yay for re-reading Twilight...Midnight Sun is still probably my favorite! I love being inside Edward's head...I find it fascinating, though it made me really dislike Jessica, where before I read it, I was just kind of apathetic about her.

Sean, good luck with the vehicles. I remember at University, I had a job and lived off campus and my car died and I had to walk to all my classes, to work, etc, but it was at least good exercise. No fun though!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to a book signing at a Bartercard event today. I do hope we sell some copies. I want to try and spread the love around as much as possible. I've had a couple of online sites agree to do book reviews of The Heir, which is good. Rochelle is still determined to release The Crown in December, but I'm actually not happy about that. It's too soon, and although a pre-Christmas release might get me a few sales, we usually go on holidays at Christmas, and I don't want to spend my entire holiday thinking that I should be promoting my new book. I won't relax if that's the case, and I really need to relax this year.

Songbird - the weather turned out really well! There was only one shower that was a problem, and we went on the train for the duration of it. Little Man has never been one to overreact when he hurts himself. When I see a kid screaming because they hurt themselves I tend to think it's really bad before I remind myself that they might be okay. I'm usually ready to call an ambulance! :)

Sarah - yep, we had heaps of fun. It was a really good day. It's terrible when ants get into things, isn't it? We haven't had trouble with that for a while, and I hope we don't anytime soon.

Susie - I'm glad you're getting to read The Heir. I hope you enjoy it. I'm looking forward to reading the memoir. Don't be surprised if I find a lot more mistakes. It's always hard to see them when you're looking at your own work.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Kinda a ho-hum day so far. I'm gonna try and watch the NASCAR race later tonight and the sportscar race from Watkins Glen tomorrow. I have some of a Pizza from last night that I need to finish off, then I'll have some fried chicken to make later on for the race tonight, and I'll try and get up early so I can have some chicken tacos for the other race tomorrow.

Aside from that, I'll try and return to fan fic work very soon. I already sent in a chapter for another of my works to be beta'd and I should get that back in a few days.

At least now I have almost 2 months of worrying about nothing aside from work and errands and such.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Today I'm supposed to be going to a friend's house, but Rochelle gave me the impression by something she said that I might have to work, so I'm waiting to hear what to do. I had a book signing yesterday at a Bartercard event, and we sold 3 copies of my book, so that's okay.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything at the moment. Little Man is being extremely defiant a lot of the time at the moment, and I'm worn out. Hopefully I'll pick up soon.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty decent day. Watched the NASCAR race that got rained out and the sportscar race today. I haven't had dinner yet, but I'm planning on having some chicken tacos later on tonight if I can find something interesting to watch in a few hours.

Other than that, I have work tomorrow. The Jeep is still having brake problems that we're gonna have looked at again. Hopefully they'll be fixed by sometime tomorrow, considering that I'm gonna try and get some groceries after work.

Hopefully this week will start better than last week ended.

I'll be back later :)

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone...I thought I posted earlier but I must've not clicked submit. Whoops!

I just finished re-reading Twilight and I enjoyed it even more this time around. I used to rush through it since it was the first in the series and I came along right when Eclipse (the movie) came out..but this time I slowed down and tried to really see everything fully and I really relished it. Just makes me sad I came along to the awesomeness after a lot of people.

Lynne-glad you had so much fun at Dreamworld..looks very cool :) I hope you can find some time to relax soon and that LM settles down soon!

Song-Oh I really need to re-watch the Despicable Me again! I love Steve Carell and the movie was super cute! Sounds like a fun family day :) We had someone from the apartment come in and do a light spray for the ants on Friday and haven't seen any since, thank God. I bought those plastic things you mentioned and the kind I got are dog safe :) I think I'll start re-reading Midnight Sun tonight!