Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

I'm working for Rochelle today. I hear she's got loads for me to do! Little Man is coming with me and will play with her son while I work.

Songbird - you do sound busy! I hope it's all enjoyable and not just time consuming. I'm glad MM is doing better at school. You're right. My son HATES getting his haircut. He sits there and cringes the whole time. Fortunately, he doesn't cry or complain. He just looks uncomfortable. He goes for ice cream afterwards though, so I guess that's why he doesn't cry!

Suzan - thank you for bearing gifts! It's nice to see some good hump day photos again. I'm glad you enjoyed The Heir. Please do post reviews, both at Amazon and Goodreads, and join in the conversation in the discussion threads at Goodreads. Let me know your theories. They won't make any difference to where the book is headed, but I'd love to hear them! ;)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today was a lot better than even yesterday, but we had a pretty major scare with the Jeep. My brother called me just before I got off work and told me to call the taxi service, because he said that the Jeep was smoking, had no oil pressure, and had oil sprayed all over under the hood. It turns out it was just an oil line that got a hole melted in it from where it was untied from a brake line and the oil line touched the engine. Unfortunately, it was the same oil line that runs the oil pressure gauge. So that doesn't work now (and won't until we get a replacement oil line), but at least the Jeep didn't blow up like we though it did.

But other than that, things went much better today. When I get back to work on Friday, I'm gonna have to tell Andrea and Tracy that's what the issue was. Only thing that really sucked was that I wasn't able to run the errands after work that I wanted to--I had some fish thing that I tried last night that was really good, and I wanted to get that and a salmon one (I don't think that I've had salmon before), and something to put my non-sugar sweetner in. But I have work Friday, so I should be able to get that stuff then when I get paid.

So that's what happened today. I don't have much in the way of plans tonight, though I haven't eaten since this morning and I have a couple of things that I'd like to do tonight/tomorrow.

Happy 4th of July everyone :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh fun, a new thing..we haven't done Hump Day since I joined in the fall..there's my contribution :)

Just a flyby from me since nothing new has been going on...:)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

We get school pictures back today! So happy!! Well, I already got Bug's back at lunch, but Mr. Man's will come home this afternoon. Bug's aren't as good as last year's but they are ok anyway. I'm anxious to see MM's.

Suzan, where do you watch episodes online, if I may ask? I do the same with Glee and Longmire, and then when they come on TV I watch them there, too, but Glee season 4 never made it here, so I watched it online. And as far as I know, we don't have Longmire here, either, so I have been watching it on levidia.ch but I'm caught up right now...I don't think we'll ever get Longmire. I love it because it is set in Wyoming, where I am from. But the pilot episode isn't on levidia for some reason, and if there's another site where I might be able to see it, that would be great.
Yes, PLEASE join the conversation on Goodreads for Lynne's book...so far it's just me and Lynne and even if Lynne didn't want your opinions, I want to discuss with someone! Feel free to open new threads, too!

Lynne, Ice cream sounds like a good reward! Hubs and MM are getting their hair cuts on Saturday...maybe we'll have to do ice cream afterwards.

Sean, sorry about the jeep, but good that it wasn't as bad as you thought. Sounds like it needs some work though!!!

Sarah, We used to have hump day every week, and then Stewart Sundays, but we haven't done either in a long time. But then, we used to have a LOT more people who came here every day.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Happy 4th of July :)

I haven't been up to too much so far today. I just did a race at the "old" Le Mans on GT4 and other than that, I haven't been up to much yet. I do plan on working on some fan fic tonight, and aside from this weekend, this will be about the only time until next Friday that I can work it since I work all next week.

Other than that, I can't really say too much. I haven't done much of anything yet, and I've only been up for a couple of hours.

Songbird: It needs to be sold for scrap is what it really needs, but it's the only thing that we have that runs relatively decent until the Pontiac gets fixed, which hopefully will be soon.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Today is the last week day of school holidays and Little Man and I are taking my parents up onto a mountain for a picnic. It should be a nice day. The weather's supposed to be nice, so hopefully we'll have a great time.

Sean - I'm glad the jeep's going to be okay!

Sarah - thanks for the gift.

Songbird - Yes, ice cream is definitely the way to go! I hope MM's pictures are okay.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'M BACK!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry I have been missing for a while. Honestly RL is been a bit crazy and I couldn't manage to make posts...

At my work it's been busy, so when I normally made my posts I couldn't find the time. At home I normally crash on the couch and hope to make a FB post (which is a lot quicker)... however work seems to slow down, so I finally found some time to post.

Right now my personal stuff is settling. My health is getting better and with the help of the psychologist I'm working on getting my stress level down. Next week we are going to pay a visit to our new kittens, and at the end of the month they will come live with us...
Other good news is that it seems that we are finally getting some summer weather. This weekend should be a very good weekend. I still don't have a outdoor grill but we will figure something out.

Alright, enough about me...
What have you girls been doing:

Susie, I'm sorry I was MIA so much!!! I promise to do better. How is your hub's jobsearch coming? How are your kids doing? Is your daughter back home already or is she staying much longer?

Suzanne, what a lovely idea to bring backHUMP day.... are you enjoying the summer holidays or are you still busy with school? any plans for the summer holiday?

Sarah, what's with a broken down truck??? I hope everything is alright... I promise to try not to forget HUMP day...

Lynne, how is the sale of your book coming along? is it anything like you hoped?

Susan, how is it are your part of this silly country??? Last week I drove past your city and waved at you... (I was in a silly mood) We really need to plan a Dutch HH-con soon... or maybe Jaclyn and Ann-marie could join us a well and make it a European HH-con... (Of course and US girl will be welcome too)...

Sean, how is live? How is it going with your job? did you see the accident with the Aston at the Le Mans??? It was so strange the guy died because the crash didn't look that heavy... (Did you see all the Kristen Paris fashionweek pictures? ;) )

Okay That's it for now...
I'll be back during the weekend...

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy 4th of July!!!!

:clap: :clap:

We spent a good chunk of the day at a family party and then with my parents..Jason went out to shoot off more fireworks (he loves it..it's his favorite day of the year), but I'm tired so I came home to check on the dog, who is a bit scared of all the booms!

Marielle-Good to see ya back..hope you're doing better :) I love seeing all the kitty pictures of your future fur babies :)
And I don't have a broken down truck... :) Everything with my car is fine, but thanks! :)

Lynne, Song-well..let's start it up again!! Why not? :)

Hope everyone had a safe 4th!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Choir BBQ tonight! Woohoo! It should be fun, though I'm not looking forward to the bike ride. MM's pics turned out better than last year's so I'm quite happy with them.
Yay! Marielle's back!

Sean, how long has the pontiac been out? It seems like it's been in the shop for a while!

Lynne, enjoy your picnic! Hope the weather stays nice!

Marielle, good to see you and glad you are starting to feel better! And the new kittens might help with the stress...I've heard pets help people to relieve stress.
Thanks for waving at me! I would have waved back if I'd have known! Were you going home to your parent's house?
We really SHOULD get together...though I'm not sure when. We have 2 weeks of school left, then I have a week or 2 before I go to the states, then I come back at the end of August, and then as soon as I get back we will be having rehearsals almost every weekend for choir because our Jubileum concert (20 years) is in November. So we have I think 3 dance rehearsals in September, and 3 or 4 in October, those are all on Sunday's, and Both kids have swimming lessons twice a week in september to make up for the time the pool has been closed for remodeling, and one of the days Bug has swimming is on Saturday. So at least until October, my schedule is full. How insane is that? It's only July and I'm already booked for the next 3 months! You could come here, but I'm thinking my kids' swimming lessons are not very exciting to anyone but me. You're welcome, as is Suzan or anyone that makes it over, but I won't be able to go anywhere.

Sarah, glad you had a good 4th. It's obviously not celebrated over here, and I'm not sure if that makes it easier or harder for me...I still see all the posts, so I can't escape the date, but I don't have the distraction of parties and fireworks either. But it is a real bittersweet day for me...somehow it seems wrong to celebrate the day my mom died, but it also feels wrong not to honor the men who died for our freedom.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey everyone!
Making a post today before my busy weekend. Tomorrow is my grandmother’s husband’s birthday. (She’s remarried, so I don’t call him my grandpa.) Then Sunday is the bachelorette party for my friend. Looking to be a very fun two days!

Lynne – I’ll make sure to leave a review on Amazon and join the discussion on Goodreads once I’ve finished my second read-through. I have to say it’s pretty painful to read those first chapters again knowing what is about to happen [invisible ink just to be sure] with her dad. Painful in a good way of course. I mean, it certainly stirs up some emotions... :)

Sean – Since I’m trying to re-install HumDay, I’ll try to make it back here for Stewart Sunday as well. I think most of us here have pretty much moved passed the whole ordeal, so it should be safe again. Beside, they don’t have to click the link, right. And she’s just looking to beautiful to ignore in Paris this week. Are you excited for her upcoming projects?

Sarah – You’ve never experienced HumpDay at the HH?! We have to correct that situation, pronto! ;) It was always great fun as everyone posted the most amazing Rob-pics. You should do a search on HumpDay in the forum. You’ll encounter all his best shots. But I see you’re a fast learner. Fantastic first HumpDay contribution!

Susan – I know. I hate it when Dutch tv just cancels a series you’re following. That’s one of the reasons why I’ve basically given up and resorted to online watching. I use free-tv-video-online.me They embed videos hosted on other sites. You’ll get some pop-up adds, but otherwise I’ve never had an issue with viruses or anything from the site. I usually look for videos hosted on Sockshare, Putlocker or Gorillavid because they load the fastest, but others work as well. Good luck!

Marielle – Glad to see you back! And glad that you’re feeling better. Well, I was enjoying the summer, but I just heard I need to do another re-exam, so I’ll be back to studying after the weekend. I don’t really have any summer holiday plans either. Things are kind of up in the air with my schedule for my study right now, so I can’t really make any plans. Another complication is that I’m supposed to save every cent to pay off my study-loan once I do finally get my degree. I don’t really have a budget to go on holiday. Oh well. Are you going away this summer?

That’s about it. I’ll try to make it back this weekend, but otherwise you’ll see me next week. Have a nice weekend everyone! :D
FF profile: Suzqnv5689