I hope all of you Yanks had a good 4th of July. I had a fabulous trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior with my parents. The weather was absolutely perfect - 80 degrees, sunny and low humidity. Now it's back to teaching for just two more short weeks (M-W). I think I can handle it.
Hubs is starting his new job today.
Daughter Dear comes home on August 7.
She left home on August 15, so it's basically a whole year that she has been gone. Marielle and Songbird (and Suzan?)
Do I detect planning for a meet-up??? Maybe I can join you? I was thinking of making another trip to the Netherlands in October but just hadn't mentioned anything yet. Of course I don't want to spoil anyone's plans.Marielle
- I can't even picture you spending a weekend not doing anything? That's strange. Were you resting up? I hope next weekend is busier for you. I'm glad you are feeling better. Songbird
- I feel for you and how you felt so out of it this morning. I've definitely had days like that! It looks like you were operating on auto pilot, though which is good.By the way, good memory about my brother's cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior and how last year my SiL wasn't very nice. It was just my parents this year, so no problems. She still isn't very friendly, but I try to ignore that. I'll never know what her problem is.Suzan
- I loved your Hump Day pics. I was on vacation so I couldn't contribute, but I'll try to remember to post something this week. I'm sorry you're having problems with your roommates.Lynne
- That is great that you get to give a speech at a writers conference. What will you be speaking on? I'm in a Toastmasters club, so every week I get to practice my public speaking skills. It's fun to hear what the other members have to say too.Sean
- More hours does mean more money, and that is a good thing! I'm glad you're done with the shredding for now.Sarah
- What your dad is doing sounds very cool and of course, enterprising as well. What are your plans now that you have your degree? Will you be sending out your resume and applying for jobs for September?Catch you later!