Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

The air show/car show went well..it was fun to be on the other side of things for once (I'm an Air Force brat so I've grown up going to these things) and help my parents :D The weather was gorgeous but I was tired from it all...I wound up passing out for 3 hour nap today while Jason was cleaning. Whoops.

Nice to see a few people around..Hi Suzan!!! Glad the bachelorette party went well!!

Song-My Dad's an Air Force vet and is trying to launch a business putting on his own air shows..I think the turn out was okay but he'll need more sponsors next year to make it even better. It's been a hobby for years but this was his first time launching on his own.

Hope you're doing okay with the heat :/

Lynne-are you doing any better about the review?

http://www.justinasgems.com/2012/11/bel ... akeup.html

When hunting for a photo, I found this make up tutorial..very cool :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

A little wake-up call

I have had a very lazy weekend… I didn’t do anything. Which resulted in me not sleeping well last night so now I’m really tired.
It’s finally summer here, apparently this week we will only get one cloudy day. The temps are up to 90 which is really nice.

I’m happy to see that people are posting again here.

Sarah, I’m sorry I thought I saw something about your car broken down in my quick read of the posts. Forget that I mentioned it… We are getting pictures of our kittens regularly from our breeder but I’m not allowed to post them all publically. She has certain rights until they leave their house. Once they get to live with us the pictures will becoming more.

Susan, perhaps we’ll plan something for late autumn. I’m already booked till the beginning of September as well. How is the temp over there. My mom said it wasn’t too bad.

Suzanne, I’m sorry that you have to re-do the exam. Good luck with that. I don’t have plans either. The kittens we are getting are very expensive so any budget we had for a holiday trip will go to that. I do have tickets for a festival for one day and now that I have a garden I can spend all the time outside if I want to…

Lynne, don’t worry too much about that negative review. Not all people like the same thing. I know many people love Dan Brown’s books but I just can’t seem to like them. I only like one of them and that’s the one with the lowest sales rates.

Sean, did you see it? McLaren finally got decent points!! Too bad the german guy won again though… I didn’t see the full accident at the Le Mans race, I only saw the last bit but from what you described it really sounds bad..

Hey Kristener!!!!!!! I really hope you can manage to get back here… many of the old crew have tried it but people don’t seem to stick around here…How is life going?

Alright, I need to get back to work!

See you all later!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Wow I am so not with it today!! I dropped the kids off at school, headed to work and realized not even halfway there that I couldn't remember signing the kids in to stay for lunch. I remembered telling my boss that I could work, but of course that depends on the kids being able to stay at school. So I had to call hubs in a panic to check and make sure I did sign them in, which I did, apparently on auto-pilot, thank God! Then I got to work and couldn't remember shutting the front door when I left, but it was too late to go back and check, and I've accidentally left it open the whole day before and nothing happened. But when I got home, it was closed up, no problem. Glad to be home!

Suzan, so glad the party was great!

Lynne, did school just start up again? How did it go?
If it makes you feel better, my best friend said that she is LOVING The Heir. She said she couldn't put it down. I don't think she has finished it yet, but she had to work.

Sarah
, glad the air show went well. I bet that was tiring though. I hope he has some good luck with sponsors next time!
I'm doing fine with the heat today. Actually, because I rode my bike to work and back, my body temp dropped after I got home and I'm sitting here with a blanket even though it's 80 degrees outside. Not that hot inside though...I left the curtains closed today to keep the heat out, so it's probably only in the mid 70s in here.

Marielle, wow...in the 90s there? It was only 27 (80) the last couple of days here. As long as I'm not sitting directly in the sun, I'm ok.
Late autumn sounds good to get together. I have our concert on November 9th, then a couple of weeks before my son's birthday. Hopefully we can find a time in October, or after November 9th, and hope it works out for Suzan too.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I've got to work for our business today, as I am speaking at a writers' group tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that, but I'm a little nervous as well. It will be my first time at an event like that. And it will make today busy, as I've still got to do the grocery shopping too.

Sarah - glad the show went well. Yep, I think I've bounced back after the review!

marielle - yeah, I know. I'm pretty much over it now. It's only one person out of 19 ratings I've got so far. I'll just have to hope the next few are good.

Songbird - Sometimes things just seem to go on auto-pilot, don't they? I'm glad your friend is loving The Heir. Get her to write some reviews when she's done! :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Good day at work, but it almost went to crap trying to get home. Jeep started stalling when my brother tried to get me. It turns out that something got stuck in the carburetor, so it was an easy fix for my father, but still annoying. I almost had to have someone bring me over there, but the taxi service pulled though :)

New season of Top Gear starts tonight, so I'll watch that, and I'm pretty thankful for the 8:30 start time--that means that the re-air will be on at 11:00 and will be off at 12:30. That means that I won't have to rush to get some stuff done tonight.

And why do I say "rush"? I got a phone call asking me to come into work from 10:00 this morning until about 4:00 this afternoon. I'm not gonna complain about it--after all, I do get more money though working extra hours. However, if I have to do that more than two days in a row right now, I can't really go for it. My boss Renee is supposed to try and call me between 8:00-9:30 tonight to see if I can make it early tomorrow--my co-worker Andrea contracted strep throat over the weekend, so it's questionable if she can make it into work over the next few days. Either way, I'll try and work as many hours as I can because it does mean more money at the end of the day, or the pay period, however you wanna look at it.

So now I have to wait and see what that holds, and hopefully I'll know by around then to see what work will have in store for me.

Also, I'm finally almost done with the infernal shredding that I've been doing since May! I took advantage of the long hours at work to get that done, and I'll probably be asking for better stuff to do tomorrow if I have longer hours again.

So, the Jeep still messing up aside, today was a pretty good day :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello All!

I hope all of you Yanks had a good 4th of July. I had a fabulous trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior with my parents. The weather was absolutely perfect - 80 degrees, sunny and low humidity. Now it's back to teaching for just two more short weeks (M-W). I think I can handle it.

Hubs is starting his new job today. :yahoo:
Daughter Dear comes home on August 7.
She left home on August 15, so it's basically a whole year that she has been gone.

Marielle and Songbird (and Suzan?) Do I detect planning for a meet-up??? Maybe I can join you? I was thinking of making another trip to the Netherlands in October but just hadn't mentioned anything yet. Of course I don't want to spoil anyone's plans.

Marielle - I can't even picture you spending a weekend not doing anything? That's strange. Were you resting up? I hope next weekend is busier for you. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Songbird - I feel for you and how you felt so out of it this morning. I've definitely had days like that! It looks like you were operating on auto pilot, though which is good.By the way, good memory about my brother's cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior and how last year my SiL wasn't very nice. It was just my parents this year, so no problems. She still isn't very friendly, but I try to ignore that. I'll never know what her problem is.

Suzan - I loved your Hump Day pics. I was on vacation so I couldn't contribute, but I'll try to remember to post something this week. I'm sorry you're having problems with your roommates.

Lynne - That is great that you get to give a speech at a writers conference. What will you be speaking on? I'm in a Toastmasters club, so every week I get to practice my public speaking skills. It's fun to hear what the other members have to say too.

Sean - More hours does mean more money, and that is a good thing! I'm glad you're done with the shredding for now.

Sarah - What your dad is doing sounds very cool and of course, enterprising as well. What are your plans now that you have your degree? Will you be sending out your resume and applying for jobs for September?

Catch you later!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Test post to help Amy out ...

BTW, Susie, congrats to your hubs! And Suzan, thanks for id'ing that pic. Marielle, nice to see my fave ever Rob pic, those dreamy eyes ...

Here's the bedroom pic again ;)
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Nice to see more people!! Hooray! :clap:

I slept like half of yesterday, I was so tired from everything :) Crazy work week ahead but it should be fun. I'm still reading Eclipse and hope to watch it maybe Wednesday :)

Susie-Well, hours have improved greatly at Hallmark and I've picked up a few days cleaning for a friend of mine..we're fairly sure we want to have a family sooner rather than later so I'm not sure if I should get into the Education field now or later. I like what I'm doing now and gives me time to run the house for Jason. Glad to hear your daughter will home soon!!

Song-oh I hate brain days like that :/ are you working a lot still? The heat sounds wonderful :)

Lynne-I'm so glad. I don't want it to discourage you from being awesome :)

Hi Brenda!!!

Marielle-no worries :) My car is still plugging along just fine. I'm so glad you're getting kitties soon-how cute :D
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everybody.

Today I'm going to speak at a writers' group. I'll be talking about my book (hopefully selling a few copies too) and talking about what you need to do to improve your book's chance of getting published. Hopefully it will be a great morning!

Sarah - no, I need all the encouragement I can get to be awesome!

Susie - I hope your hubby enjoys his new job. I bet you're looking forward to see your little girl too! :)

Sean - I haven't watched Top Gear in a while. I should get back to it.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Hubs loves his new job- at least the first day anyway! He can set his own hours as long as he gets his 40 hours in. For him, that is perfect. He had another offer from another company that wanted him to be there 8-5. For IT people that's way too rigid. Programmers are notorious for coming in late and working late. Plus there was no flexibility in hours to compensate for traffic. Sheesh. That was a narrow escape.

Lynne - Too bad I couldn't attend your presentation today! You know I'd probably benefit from it! How did it go, by the way?

Brenda
- Thanks for the kudos for hubs. He'll be much happier and that means the whole house will be happier. I hope things are going well for your family this summer. I'm sure your kids are taking advantage of all of the summer programs available to them.

Sarah
- I totally understand the whole wanting to start a family thing. I did temp work when I was first married because I knew I'd stop working when we had children. We lived on my husband's income and that way we didn't have such a shock when I stopped working. I know it is a personal decision, but for me, I wanted to stay home with my kids and it worked well. I managed to avoid day care altogether. I started teaching when they were in school. Sounds like that will work out well for you too.

I'll be back tomorrow for Hump Day!

Have a great day, everyone!